YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coffee first thing in the Morning! Am I hindering my gains?

sarcoplasm

Registered
I ususally have coffee then an 80 gram protein shake in the morning for breakfast. Maybe I should make a better choice? Looking for your opinions as I strive for quality mass. Thank you for your oppinions.

I don't think it would hinder anything. Obviously I'm no expert, but people have excess amounts of protein in their Pre-WO drinks and whatnot so a cup of coffee is probably alright.

As long as the rest of your diet is in check you're probably straight.

Z

You shouldn't give up everything... Plus, a cup of coffee is the best preworkout drink! I'd never make it without my cup of coffee in the morning!

it is M-Y opinion

that high readily absorbed protien and high fat
are essential in the first meal upon rising

:cool:

ohhh........and coffee
cant do without that:eek:

Nope, will not hinder anything...I have one cup in the morning and one cup pre workout. :)

You are fine:headbang:

Drink away!

BMJ

I used to drink upwards of 15 cups a day ...
No difference as compared to now, drinking 1-2 a days.

coffee is so good in the morning esp. on cardio days

coffee/ caffeine has a minimizing effect on DOMS. Ive read that somewhere in a magazine or article or watever. Who knows if its true

Coffee wont hurt your gains. Ive actually read somewhere that the coffee bean is the most consumed fruit, and yes i said fruit... i dont see how its considered that but thats what i read.

I do 2 cups of coffee upon waking and 1 cup of green tea in the afternoon. I like the tea mid-afternoon because it is less acidic... Plus the benefits of green tea are numerous....

How could a human being wake up without drink a coffe? LOL

I do 2 cups of coffee upon waking and 1 cup of green tea in the afternoon. I like the tea mid-afternoon because it is less acidic... Plus the benefits of green tea are numerous....

^ This big time

You're probably hindering your gains more pondering about this stuff than you're doing just drinking the coffee :D

hhaha dont worry about it, stuff like this will cause you to lose size indirectly from you worrying about little things or over analyzing it.

i take cortisol in the morning cuz i have to, im doing fine lol

J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;20 Suppl 1:S167-74.
Caffeine as a protective factor in dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

Eskelinen MH, Kivipelto M.

University of Eastern Finland, School of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine - Neurology, Kuopio, Finland. [email protected]
Abstract

Caffeine has well-known short-term stimulating effects on central nervous system, but the long-term impacts on cognition have been less clear. Dementia and Alzheimer's disease (AD) are rapidly increasing public health problems in ageing populations and at the moment curative treatment is lacking. Thus, the putative protective effects of caffeine against dementia/AD are of great interest. Here, we discuss findings from the longitudinal epidemiological studies about caffeine/coffee/tea and dementia/AD/cognitive functioning with a special emphasis on our recent results from the Cardiovascular Risk Factors, Aging and Dementia (CAIDE) study. The findings of the previous studies are somewhat inconsistent, but most studies (3 out of 5) support coffee's favorable effects against cognitive decline, dementia or AD. In addition, two studies had combined coffee and tea drinking and indicated some positive effects on cognitive functioning. For tea drinking, protective effects against cognitive decline/dementia are still less evident. In the CAIDE study, coffee drinking of 3-5 cups per day at midlife was associated with a decreased risk of dementia/AD by about 65% at late-life. In conclusion, coffee drinking may be associated with a decreased risk of dementia/AD. This may be mediated by caffeine and/or other mechanisms like antioxidant capacity and increased insulin sensitivity. This finding might open possibilities for prevention or postponing the onset of dementia/AD.

PMID: 20182054 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Exceptions to coffee use would be as stated those with acid issues and those who have been stressing their adrenals and need to back off stims.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws