over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coinbase problem...again!

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Hey fellas (and ladies)
I had an account set up on phone and phone broke.
Now logon wont recognize new device..
Any tips? Bad enough went through hell setting up new phone uggh!
Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
God I hate crypto bullshit, sorry Mike don’t know anything about Coinbase but I use cash app for sending BC when I absolutely don’t have any other choice. I’m sure it’s probably the most expensive method but I’ll gladly pay for the convenience.

You should be able to go through all of the security steps on your phone. Have you tried going about it on your computer?

If all else fails, contact support and have them fix it for you.

Heres what I found out...

Do not take any action and the device used to verify your 2-step verification code will become trusted in 48 hours. If you continue to attempt sign-in from your unrecognized device, this will reset the 48-hour timer. Due to the current high volume, waiting out the 48 hours will most likely be your fastest option.

So it appears there is a 48hr window to verify the new device. Hopefully.

I get an email saying do you authorize this new device. For when I’m on my phone or computer. It always says “we sent you an email to authorize this device”. If you didn’t get an email you might have to wait the first time.

what I get after I input verification code from text message.
6062AFB3-98DF-43CE-A580-05C744D4ADCA.png

*mod please delete. double post.*

MikeS, what email addy did you use to setup your account? Anytime you login from a new device theres a link they send you that links to coinbase which has been pre-authenticated.

Just like ripriot posted.

I actually think there would be a niche for somebody trusted to manage guy’s bitcoin. A sorta underground AAS bitcoin hedge fund :)

Doesn't matter what phone you use if you have Google 2 step authentication. They go by that 6 digit code. That and your email is fine.

God I hate crypto bullshit, sorry Mike don’t know anything about Coinbase but I use cash app for sending BC when I absolutely don’t have any other choice. I’m sure it’s probably the most expensive method but I’ll gladly pay for the convenience.

This is not a crypto issue it's a coinbase issue because he lost his phone. As others have posted they email you to confirm a new device. If the person has forgotten their email details when they set up their account it's not due to crypto. Coinbase are also just really slow as well (improved a lot over the last year). I would get the same every time I logged in on my computer so they just email me and I click the link and it's easy. Now if you have google authenticator set up you have to input a 6 digit code as well. If you lose your phone (my phone broke so I had the same issue) you have to install the app on your new phone in order to log in. This could happen with banking as well so it's not due to Bitcoin etc.

This is not a crypto issue it's a coinbase issue because he lost his phone. As others have posted they email you to confirm a new device. If the person has forgotten their email details when they set up their account it's not due to crypto. Coinbase are also just really slow as well (improved a lot over the last year). I would get the same every time I logged in on my computer so they just email me and I click the link and it's easy. Now if you have google authenticator set up you have to input a 6 digit code as well. If you lose your phone (my phone broke so I had the same issue) you have to install the app on your new phone in order to log in. This could happen with banking as well so it's not due to Bitcoin etc.

My bad big El, didn’t know crypto meant that much to you brother 🤪

My bad big El, didn’t know crypto meant that much to you brother 🤪

It doesn't at all matey... well maybe a little because I have ETH and DASH at the moment. Crypto can be very annoying to say the least. It's just a lot of this stuff is because guys don't like change. It's more technological than anything. It's like my dad trying to use his mobile phone :D Don't get me wrong either as I hate change and I use a basic phone and my mates are always saying get an iphone and my phone is crap and live in the current times. I remember when I first set up my coinbase account and had to wait months and it pretty much doubled in value in that time so I was just as annoyed :D

It doesn't at all matey... well maybe a little because I have ETH and DASH at the moment. Crypto can be very annoying to say the least. It's just a lot of this stuff is because guys don't like change. It's more technological than anything. It's like my dad trying to use his mobile phone :D Don't get me wrong either as I hate change and I use a basic phone and my mates are always saying get an iphone and my phone is crap and live in the current times. I remember when I first set up my coinbase account and had to wait months and it pretty much doubled in value in that time so I was just as annoyed :D

Totally joking brother and trust me I know how guys feel about their crypto around here! A while back because I had the nerve to tell guys not to hold long when Bitcoin was at like 19k and got blasted for it. Then when it tanked I came back around saying to be careful with crypto and caught a nice little ban from Pesty for it, guys were a little sensitive about it back then when it tanked 😂

Totally joking brother and trust me I know how guys feel about their crypto around here! A while back because I had the nerve to tell guys not to hold long when Bitcoin was at like 19k and got blasted for it. Then when it tanked I came back around saying to be careful with crypto and caught a nice little ban from Pesty for it, guys were a little sensitive about it back then when it tanked 😂

I knew you were just messing about. I didn't realize that. I wouldn't recommend investing in it now but you never know but it will probably drop again soon. It seems to be holding on the last day but for investing I would definitely wait just to be safe.

So , in finality, after the 48hr wait I was able to access my account.
For anyone incurring this issue, know that when you change your phone/device (even if its the same ph#)
it WILL become available after the 48hr wait. Thankfully (y) :D

Hey fellas (and ladies)
I had an account set up on phone and phone broke.
Now logon wont recognize new device..
Any tips? Bad enough went through hell setting up new phone uggh!
Thanks for any help!
COINBASE HAS HIGH FEES. I WOULD TAKE YOUR BITCOIN OFF COINBASE AND PUT ON A EXTERNAL USB WALLET AND START BUYING BITCOIN FROM SWANBITCOIN.COM THEY HAVE THE LOWEST FEES ANDYOU CAN SET UP RECURRING AUTOMATIC BUYS IF YOU WANT. SEND ME A PM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND IF YOU WANT I CAN SEND YOU MY REFFERAL LINK TO GET $10 FREE!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131