over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Combat military veterans?

chgolatin2

Registered
Wondering if this board has any real combat military veteran members on board? Curious, I am a service connected veteran. I was injured during my many combat deployments to the middle east. I work in the public safety field, no not law enforcement but fire related field. I'm a sworn member to a large municipality. I have a question that maybe someone who is a combat veteran who is service connected could answer. I am afraid of informing my employer of my service connected disability, due to the extent of these injuries I tend to suffer on the job without my co workers finding out whats going with me and because I don't share my military history with just anyone.

Since I am a service connected veteran with a service connected pension of 90% rating I want to inform my employer of my disability. However, I am afraid that they will take some sort of action againts me or try to disqualified me on the basis of my prior service to my country. I can perform my job 100% that's not the issue, however I want to be protected by EEOC & ADA so what would be the best way to give notice to my employer without suffering backlash?

I don't see why you didn't report your status before being hired. Employers can not discriminate and you may have gotten an advantage being a disabled Vet. You should speak to your VA rep before disclosing to HR. If you concealed your injuries during the hiring process it may fall back on you especially if you failed to include them in your application. Tricky situation bro and the only one who could answer legally would be your local VA rep. I'm a disabled vet and wish you the best of luck brother. Stay safe!

I don't see why you didn't report your status before being hired. Employers can not discriminate and you may have gotten an advantage being a disabled Vet. You should speak to your VA rep before disclosing to HR. If you concealed your injuries during the hiring process it may fall back on you especially if you failed to include them in your application. Tricky situation bro and the only one who could answer legally would be your local VA rep. I'm a disabled vet and wish you the best of luck brother. Stay safe!

Nothing was concealed from my employer, when I came gack I was hired 2 months after returning from my tour, at that time something was wrong but I couldn't figure it out until I met with other veterans and landed in the hospital.

Your good bro. If they don't need to know its not any of their business. I'm not quite sure what your affair of? At that percent you should apply for ssdi and be getting paid at 100 % with IU. I'm at70% and get ssdi, and also get crsc on top of my VA payments for an injury during combat.

I'm 100% service connected...you font have to tell them anything...they cant ask you either

Also, welcome home and congratulations on the new job!

You're saying that your suffering on the job now because of your service related disability, right?

Technically no one can do anything to you if you bring it up, but that doesn't mean they won't. I know two firemen who went through hell with their employers. One started to have some ptsd issues and asked for desk duty while he went to counseling and was fired. He sued and won pretty big, but went over a year without a pay check. The other had some issue making VA appointments and was threatened with disciplinary action. He contacted JAG, who contacted the city attorney, and they pretty much backed down and did all they could to help him out.

My suggestion would be to consult a local jag atty before you make a move, so they're ready to draw up a formal document explaining your rights, just in case they try to act crazy.

Good luck brother.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner