over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Combining carbs for per workout

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just a little snippet from Stan Efferding regarding using 2 or more carb sources post workout or peri workout increasing glycogen uptake over one single source. Discuss away…..

Attachments

• 348DC348-CFE1-42A5-AD30-5F1C1C008B33.png
    348DC348-CFE1-42A5-AD30-5F1C1C008B33.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 45
The next part

Attachments

• 49EB2753-C041-4B31-B8CC-1625FD0C536F.jpeg
    49EB2753-C041-4B31-B8CC-1625FD0C536F.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 22
My post workout shake is always whey mixed w/ banana and oats. I feel really great afterwards

I have always done this. I eat fruit with most meals. As I posted in the other thread for post workout I usually have rice and honey. Maybe some goji berries. Today I had rice with pineapple. Even if I have cereal (coco pops) I will add a chopped banana.

I have always done this. I eat fruit with most meals. As I posted in the other thread for post workout I usually have rice and honey. Maybe some goji berries. Today I had rice with pineapple. Even if I have cereal (coco pops) I will add a chopped banana.
The science seems pretty convincing. I’ve started using a mixture of 100 grams karboload and 50 grams dextrose In my intra shake lately. It’s too early to tell anything, but it doesn’t seem to be messing with my digestion at app

I do a can of coke, some honey/sea salt and a banana pre workout with insulin.

Sometimes instead of coke I’ll go Gatorade but coke tastes better and has caffeine.

I do a can of coke, some honey/sea salt and a banana pre workout with insulin.

Sometimes instead of coke I’ll go Gatorade but coke tastes better and has caffeine.
I often will have Gatorade woth some sea salt and a half caffeine tab preworkout. The carbonation from soda bloats me and the high fructose corn syrup does you not good physique wise. Dextrose isn’t much better, but it is better

I often will have Gatorade woth some sea salt and a half caffeine tab preworkout. The carbonation from soda bloats me and the high fructose corn syrup does you not good physique wise. Dextrose isn’t much better, but it is better
I dunno man, I’ve definitely read that HFCS is shit but I think it doesn’t really apply to a guy sub 10% on AAS/GH/insulin cranking out hundreds of reps of different exercises. Shit pumps me to all hell. Straight to the muscle. Exact same as dextrose, Gatorade or any other fast carb EXCEPT it tastes good!

I wouldn’t ever advocate drinking coke any other time than pre-workout...and vacation...ha

I just mean it can only be used by the liver and the liver only holds so many grams of fructose. So after you top it off all that hfcs has no other choice to be stored as fat.

I just mean it can only be used by the liver and the liver only holds so many grams of fructose. So after you top it off all that hfcs has no other choice to be stored as fat.
People don't realize how much fructose is in HIGH FRUCTOSE corn syrup! You would have to eat an ENORMOUS amount of fruit to equal it.

I always mix fruits with other sources. I never even thought doing it other way. It was always natural thing for me.

People don't realize how much fructose is in HIGH FRUCTOSE corn syrup! You would have to eat an ENORMOUS amount of fruit to equal it.
Exactly. Fruit contains fructose, but it’s not the only type of sugar in fruit.

I always mix fruits with other sources. I never even thought doing it other way. It was always natural thing for me.
I was referring more along the lines of post workout having hbcd with some dextrose and fruit juice as opposed to just hbcd. Supposedly it increases uptake having more than one kind

HFCS is 55% fructose 45% glucose
Sugar is 50% fructose 50% glucose

Is it really the HFCS that is so bad or is it just sugar in general.

A lot of good take aways in this.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner