over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Combining fats and carbs in the same meal

muskate

Registered
I've been doing alot of reading lately about combining fats and carbs in the same meal. some people feel its fine and actually benefital as fat slows the release of glucose into the blood stream, while other people feel its a bad idea to have fatty acids present with high insulin levels as this can easily lead to fat gain.

your guys thoughts, experiences?

thanks for the help

it's fine

remember to keep calories under control though, especially if you're a fat ass

If your 4% bf, you might see a benefit from such a minute detail.... If not then I would agree with Shelby, just look at the overall calories. If your on low carbs, do carbs at breakfast and after weight routine. Carbs from yams, oatmeal, brown rice.... Fats from egg yolk (at breakfast about 2), nuts, flax oil, olive oil

i swear

i was going to ask this question lol.

chris aceto says it is bad
scivation guys say it good

i am confused

i swear

i am confused

bad for what???

good for what???

see my point???

:)

i swear

i am confused

Too many variables involved for such broad statements without considering goals, body type, personal insulin sensitivity, current stats and experience. These experts would agree.

I've been doing alot of reading lately about combining fats and carbs in the same meal. some people feel its fine and actually benefital as fat slows the release of glucose into the blood stream, while other people feel its a bad idea to have fatty acids present with high insulin levels as this can easily lead to fat gain.

your guys thoughts, experiences?

thanks for the help

Don't overthink it my friend

I think that it mhas a lot more to do with what fats and carbs you get at the same time.

3 pices of bacon with a bowl of lucky charms would probably not a be a good choice
3 omega eggs and a bowl of oatmeal not so bad

Palumbo recomends carbs with fats, in moderate amounts

it's fine

remember to keep calories under control though, especially if you're a fat ass

Yes it is fine, and this guy is like 6 foot 165 lbs and very ectomorphic..right Trevor...I thought you were going to stop worrying about fat gain and put on some muscle?

JM

alright thanks for the input everyone...looks like i have some eating to do.

I think that it mhas a lot more to do with what fats and carbs you get at the same time.

3 pices of bacon with a bowl of lucky charms would probably not a be a good choice
3 omega eggs and a bowl of oatmeal not so bad

What about cocoa puffs instead? I go Cu Cu for them! (?spelling?)

Protein, carbs and fat at each meal!! What is more important is the ratio between the three. ;)

I'll tell you why I like this concept and why Ive recommended it in the past to people.

Most carbs should come pre workout and post workout and maybe post cardio (although thats debatable because of the lingering fat burning effect in which you might want to use that time post cardio)

So with that said.....

When you diet down, you usually do one or two things

high protein, mod carbs, low fats (Aceto way, Farrah way, I believe this is the Magnum way also)

high protein, mod fats, low carbs (Palumbo and others way)

Shelby and John i believe like carb cycling so in a slight resemblance thats more high protein, mod fats, low carbs (although varying)

So whats always the huge problem when someone is dieting? They cheat, they fall off the wagon.....and blow their diet.....but in the offseason if you practice some of these concepts while putting most of your carbs pre and post workout....it can lend to some ingenuity as far as meal planning while dieting down because youve allready practiced it all year long pretty much in your meal combo's.......you now have your staple meals you actually LIKE to eat down pat for when you are dieting (although things might get a little bit more meticulous when dieting obviously).

I also like it in the concept that for some people not as educated or driven as the above people......and really dont know about insulin spikes and glycemic index's etc etc etc.....and just want to follow a simple plan......sometimes simplicity in telling them to eat protein/good fats or protein/clean carbs can be very easy for them to do so they dont do exactly as Gunsmith said above.

There is a huge problem in the concept though as far as people trying to get insanely meticulous in it offseason and eating zero fats or zero carbs in meals and thats when it can backfire somewhat.....but I thought it was worthy for people who dont like to delve below the surface of things to keep them relatively lean in a simple concept.

But again i always tried to relate it as "just a concious effort not a meticulous effort" i.e. lean red meat and brown rice pro carb meal even though the red meat has fats in it.

Last edited:
^ good info!

how would it change for a person looking to slowly add LBM without much fat gain (not too worried about decreasing bf since its already low)?

thanks!

Most carbs should come pre workout and post workout and maybe post cardio (although thats debatable because of the lingering fat burning effect in which you might want to use that time post cardio)

Whether I am trying to gain lean mass or drop body fat this method seems to work the best. Relatively carbless breakfast, walk 3 miles to work, slow carb, LBA's to hold me over til workout, postworkout is fast and slow carb shake, carbs in pwo meal, LBA's til dinner, walk 3 miles home, balanced dinner, shake before bed.

Obviously protein with every meal.

The only thing that changes depending on current goal is amounts.

Why does it matter? Unless you're on a keto diet, the fate of ingested dietary fat is to be stored as fat.

Why does it matter? Unless you're on a keto diet, the fate of ingested dietary fat is to be stored as fat.

The fate of ingested fat is to be stored as fat?....hahahha...ok..whatever..

Please tell me you are not giving dietary advice...

JM

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity