over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Combining fish oil with olive oil for reduced inflammation

For us old guys anything that helps reduce joint pain is a plus. Studies show combining fish oil and olive oil reduces inflammation better than use of either one alone. Thank to the advice of Elvia I’ve finally been consuming more healthy fats, all from oils, to help my knees, elbows, and wrists which tend to ache. I also added THC/CBD. The tissue in my right elbow is always inflamed but it’s been much better since adding the aforementioned supplements. My 3 protein drinks now consist of:
50 grams whey isolate/concentrate
1 cup quick oats
3-4 grams cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
3-4 grams fish oil Icelandic

I also added fruits thanks to Elvia’s advice: blackberries, strawberries, apples. Jazz apples are my favorite! They’re very crisp in texture.

Supplementation of fish oil and olive oil in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Randomized controlled trial

Berbert AA, et al. Nutrition. 2005.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE: This study evaluated whether supplementation with olive oil could improve clinical and laboratory parameters of disease activity in patients who had rheumatoid arthritis and were using fish oil supplements.

METHODS: Forty-three patients (34 female, 9 male; mean age = 49 +/- 19y) were investigated in a parallel randomized design. Patients were assigned to one of three groups. In addition to their usual medication, the first group (G1) received placebo (soy oil), the second group (G2) received fish oil omega-3 fatty acids (3 g/d), and the third group (G3) received fish oil omega-3 fatty acids (3 g/d) and 9.6 mL of olive oil. Disease activity was measured by clinical and laboratory indicators at the beginning of the study and after 12 and 24 wk. Patients' satisfaction in activities of daily living was also measured.

RESULTS: There was a statistically significant improvement (P < 0.05) in G2 and G3 in relation to G1 with respect to joint pain intensity, right and left handgrip strength after 12 and 24 wk, duration of morning stiffness, onset of fatigue, Ritchie's articular index for pain joints after 24 wk, ability to bend down to pick up clothing from the floor, and getting in and out of a car after 24 wk. G3, but not G2, in relation to G1 showed additional improvements with respect to duration of morning stiffness after 12 wk, patient global assessment after 12 and 24 wk, ability to turn faucets on and off after 24 wk, and rheumatoid factor after 24 wk. In addition, G3 showed a significant improvement in patient global assessment in relation to G2 after 12 wk.

CONCLUSIONS: Ingestion of fish oil omega-3 fatty acids relieved several clinical parameters used in the present study. However, patients showed a more precocious and accentuated improvement when fish oil supplements were used in combination with olive oil.

Don't forget that oatmeal is quite inflammatory for many people.

Because it does work anti-inflammatory to a noticeable degree, I love Mauro Dipasquale's Anabolic Diet (or Metabolic Diet as he's later called it) among other reasons. If inflammation is a big issue for you, this might be worth looking into.

PM me your email adress if you want the ebook.

Elvia gave great advice! Good fats and berries are the keys to great health. Good study. The trick is finding a quality fish oil and EVOO. The problem is many out there are trash/fake.

Can you explain this?

this is the only EVOO I would trust, 3rd party tested...…..

Life Extension California Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500 Ml
by Life Extension

Last edited:
My Dr. turned me on to this guy. I think he had some interesting thoughts. But I can't say I bought the whole thing about fish oil being worthless.
https://brianpeskin.com/

Last edited:
I disagree with anyone who says that a good high quality fish oil supplement doesn't work. I'm talking about high DHA/EPA. No long ago someone in a research study said Vitamin D wasn't necessary......bullshit

Last edited:
My Dr. turned me on to this guy. I think he had some interesting thoughts. But I can't say I bought the whole thing about fish oil being worthless.
https://brianpeskin.com/

Wow interesting site. He is really sour on fish oil

I stopped using fish oil because the doses of omega 3s's that were shown to be effective are so high that the expenses are just too much to justify usage.

I stopped using fish oil because the doses of omega 3s's that were shown to be effective are so high that the expenses are just too much to justify usage.

What we're you using? Krill?

Yes and he seems to have some decent theories as to why they are not preferable. But all his arguments don't seem to hold up to me. but theories involving people can have holes punched in them easily enough. I spent 10 years eating a lot of flax oil, then the same amount of time ingesting fish oil and I can't say where one of them was any better for inflammation then the other. But my blood work always looks pretty good!

What we're you using? Krill?

I'm using krill now simply because I have so many bottles so I may as well use them. Good product but pricey. If anyone wants to buy the rest of them, PM me.

Yes and he seems to have some decent theories as to why they are not preferable. But all his arguments don't seem to hold up to me. but theories involving people can have holes punched in them easily enough. I spent 10 years eating a lot of flax oil, then the same amount of time ingesting fish oil and I can't say where one of them was any better for inflammation then the other. But my blood work always looks pretty good!

Just found this. Plus he has a terrible article about exercising being useless and ignoring all the positive studies associated with it, because it doesn't support his bias. He sucks.

**broken link removed**

Oceanblue professional Fish oil

If someone wants solid fish oil, check out Oceanblue's Omega 3 2100 ; serving size for 2 caps is: 1350 mg, DHA- 600 mg....there's other good ones, but if you want to buy solid fish oil, this is one that I use.

I'm using krill now simply because I have so many bottles so I may as well use them. Good product but pricey. If anyone wants to buy the rest of them, PM me.

Just found this. Plus he has a terrible article about exercising being useless and ignoring all the positive studies associated with it, because it doesn't support his bias. He sucks.

**broken link removed**

Thanks. One of the things I didn't like about his stance against fish oil was that 100% of the studies didn't show fish oil to be beneficial so he disavowed them all. Not very scientific at all. But some of the smaller facts he brought up sounded intriguing but I haven't had a chance to evaluate them all my self.

My understanding is that traders joes brand evoo is highly rated. Especially the California reserve variety

That's what I use, seems most likely to be legit vs the "Italian" olive oils being adulterated at some point by the time they get to the US.

Can't say enough good things about Mac oil, I use more of that than anything else. Taste is fantastic.

Excellent combination.
I take 3 grams split of Krill oil.
I take a little more GOOD olive oil, sometimes I take the olives to press.
Olive oil in Coffee, salads etc...
For me, its been very positive.

Excellent combination.
I take 3 grams split of Krill oil.
I take a little more GOOD olive oil, sometimes I take the olives to press.
Olive oil in Coffee, salads etc...
For me, its been very positive.

A good combination that promotes stimulating of HDL-mediated cholesterol efflux-- reverse cholesterol transport, improving thee ole functionality of HDL. And aids in putting the brakes on DNA damage (strand breakage). That's if we're consuming Dark roast :)

I add krill oil and fish oil (high epa to dha ratio). Will need to add more olive oil. I also love mac nut oil, palumbo has advocated its use for years and it tastes really good.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131