advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Come backs after being injuried or other reasons..

fit2grow

Registered
Pretty sure we all have been there. Whats the longest you have been away from the gym and how long did it take you to come back?

I have had some pretty serious injuries in my 40+ years of lifting but I never missed more than a day or 2 of training. Ya there was times I could only bench or squat the emty bar for a few reps, but I kept going and eventually got past it.
My theroy is you can train around just about any injury.

Are you just asking in general or are you looking for information regarding a specific type of injury?

Pretty sure we all have been there. Whats the longest you have been away from the gym and how long did it take you to come back?

in 2004, after three years training, I started max ot 4-6 reps, when get to 6 increase weight. That was a mistake on bodybparts like bieps, triceps, as I gave full intensity and by then could generate full intensity well.I was doing 130-140 lb triceps ex-tensions . one arm tricep db extension at 40-45 lbs then Dc stretches with 40 lbs for a minute. also forearm stretch, and messed up my elbows

over a few years i didnt back off i said eff it i want to be big , I messed my arms up so bad I finally could not do any upper boy for fouteen months. was it hits fault, or DC's fault? no it was my fault or not backing off, I was young and no common sense at the time. I trained legs , abs cardio during this time.

after i started getting better, and could lift lift weighs i did a show bc i missed bodybuilding so much. ive been posing since i got into bodybuilding from the beginning learned from Arnolds modern day enlcy. I did my first show, NGA Nashville night of champions, this was when I was natty

cliffs young didnt back off, went too heavy and intense for years on arm movements, messed up elbow so bad had to quit upper body for fourteen months

I broke my clavicle.

I didn't do anything for about two weeks, then started with bodyweight squats, then on the third week moved on to dip belt squats and girly pushups and girly rows.

One more week and I'm moving on to semi-normal training.

I lost my 1st wife to cancer in 2011, stopped working out, got married to my current wife in 2014, she's not much of a work out enthusiast. I've been drinking way too much beer and blew up to 260, started back working out last month again. So I guess I've been off a workout routine for 5 years.

I'm being patience, I figure it will take a while to get back in shape. I'm still only 43 so I'm not too old to get back at it and be healthy.

After I had a partial shoulder replacement I took 8 days off from the gym. When I had my L4-L5 vertebrae fused I didn't go back in for 10 days.

That's awesome Buck you one tuff sumbitch.
BTW did u get my donation?

Are you just asking in general or are you looking for information regarding a specific type of injury?
More general when it comes to injuries. How ever I relate to alot of thesr posts.
in 2004, after three years training, I started max ot 4-6 reps, when get to 6 increase weight. That was a mistake on bodybparts like bieps, triceps, as I gave full intensity and by then could generate full intensity well.I was doing 130-140 lb triceps ex-tensions . one arm tricep db extension at 40-45 lbs then Dc stretches with 40 lbs for a minute. also forearm stretch, and messed up my elbows

over a few years i didnt back off i said eff it i want to be big , I messed my arms up so bad I finally could not do any upper boy for fouteen months. was it hits fault, or DC's fault? no it was my fault or not backing off, I was young and no common sense at the time. I trained legs , abs cardio during this time.

after i started getting better, and could lift lift weighs i did a show bc i missed bodybuilding so much. ive been posing since i got into bodybuilding from the beginning learned from Arnolds modern day enlcy. I did my first show, NGA Nashville night of champions, this was when I was natty

cliffs young didnt back off, went too heavy and intense for years on arm movements, messed up elbow so bad had to quit upper body for fourteen months
Sounds alittle similar to me when it comes to intense training. Only just learning lately not to go that intense all the time. I take full responsibility as well for my old injuries too.
I lost my 1st wife to cancer in 2011, stopped working out, got married to my current wife in 2014, she's not much of a work out enthusiast. I've been drinking way too much beer and blew up to 260, started back working out last month again. So I guess I've been off a workout routine for 5 years.

I'm being patience, I figure it will take a while to get back in shape. I'm still only 43 so I'm not too old to get back at it and be healthy.
Sorry for your loss. Best of luck on your journey back to the gym.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear