advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coming clean and taking time off from the gym?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Alright I'm about to switch to a TRT dose while keeping in 5iu rips ED. I plan on doing this for four months. I also think I should take 2-4 weeks off from the gym because my body really needs a break from the wear and tear.

Will the muscle loss really be a lot more significant than if I did not take these 2-4 weeks off from the gym?

If it makes a difference, then I just won't take time off from the gym so I don't lose muscle.

Would love to hear experiences or scientific input

Last edited:
What specific wear and tear?

Personally, depending on the specific issue, I would change exercises, volume, intensity. However, I wouldn't take several weeks off from the gym.

Just years of never taking any times off from the gym. Aches and pains and generally tired.

I would take a week off, but 2-4 weeks seems a bit much. But if your body is telling you it needs a break, then you need a break.

you won't lose any muscle at all from taking 2 weeks off it would probably be good for you

Take the time off. 2-4 weeks off is nothing. You will come back energized.

2-3 weeks off is fantastic if you have never done it. You will shrink a bit but within 7-10 days back you will feel AMAZING and gained most of it back. I did this last year. I took the month of december off, ate like a normal person (not horrible just didn't weigh my food or obsess, had a sandwich or two for lunch etc). I also tried to not think about bodybuilding too much, as I tend to obsess about it. Stayed off the boards, etc. Well, after about 3 weeks of this, I gave in and had the desire back 10x. And I felt weak for a few days in the gym, but after a week or two I had a new found fire and felt amazing.

Honestly, I believe you could take 1-2 months off and bounce back pretty quick. But mentally I would go nutty without the release.

2-3 weeks off is fantastic if you have never done it. You will shrink a bit but within 7-10 days back you will feel AMAZING and gained most of it back. I did this last year. I took the month of december off, ate like a normal person (not horrible just didn't weigh my food or obsess, had a sandwich or two for lunch etc). I also tried to not think about bodybuilding too much, as I tend to obsess about it. Stayed off the boards, etc. Well, after about 3 weeks of this, I gave in and had the desire back 10x. And I felt weak for a few days in the gym, but after a week or two I had a new found fire and felt amazing.

Honestly, I believe you could take 1-2 months off and bounce back pretty quick. But mentally I would go nutty without the release.

I have a hard time believing I'll gain most of it back when I won't be going back on any gear. I want to take a few weeks off concurrently with the start of this cruise/trt phase and I will still be on hrt when I return to the gym. When you did this, did you come back on gear upon returning?

so far whats worked the best for me is treating bbing like a job. i get up at 5am for my early morning workouts, do my routine mon-fri with sat/sun off, and i take vacations from the gym. the more i can mold bbing into my life the easier things are.

I hope the test does youll be taking is no more than 150 mg/wk.

I would take 1 week off and then just play it by feel, listen to your body. If you still feel tired and run down like you do then take more days off. Eventually youre going to feel an irresistible urge to go back to the gym and lift, youll be full of energy and motivation again. It may take 2 weeks, it may take 3, who knows. I wouldn't go more than 3 weeks personally. What you will also need to do is when you go back don't go right back into your old routine, that will overtrain you fast! Decrease the volume, # of sets you do overall, and slowly build back up to where you were. It will probably take you at least 4 weeks to get back to where you were if you take 4 weeks off, I usually found its a 1:1 ratio. Being clean during the time will make it harder too, but youll be just fine. Taking the time off starting right at the end of the cycle is best probably since your blood is still going to be carrying some of what you've been on for at least 2 weeks or so and that will help you maintain while you rest.

I hope the test does youll be taking is no more than 150 mg/wk.

I would take 1 week off and then just play it by feel, listen to your body. If you still feel tired and run down like you do then take more days off. Eventually youre going to feel an irresistible urge to go back to the gym and lift, youll be full of energy and motivation again. It may take 2 weeks, it may take 3, who knows. I wouldn't go more than 3 weeks personally. What you will also need to do is when you go back don't go right back into your old routine, that will overtrain you fast! Decrease the volume, # of sets you do overall, and slowly build back up to where you were. It will probably take you at least 4 weeks to get back to where you were if you take 4 weeks off, I usually found its a 1:1 ratio. Being clean during the time will make it harder too, but youll be just fine. Taking the time off starting right at the end of the cycle is best probably since your blood is still going to be carrying some of what you've been on for at least 2 weeks or so and that will help you maintain while you rest.

150mg test e per week or 105prop/105tren-a per week, haven't decided yet.

True, I've tried to take a week off but can't last more than 4-5 days. It's tough. Especially I'll do it same time I come off my gear. Thanks for the tips.

As far as the blood still carrying on when coming off, not really because I only use short esters. I don't use long esters unless I'm cruising.

I took over a year off just recently and gained most of it back 6 weeks into it.. And that was after a injury.. Muscle memory is great.. Lol

I took 4 months off when I injured my back back in 2010. I kept my nutrition spot on and within a week of being back in the gym I had people coming up to me asking if I was preparing for a show. I was like are you kidding me I been out of the gym 4 months!! I don't think you will loose much in 2-4 weeks

I took over a year off just recently and gained most of it back 6 weeks into it.. And that was after a injury.. Muscle memory is great.. Lol

I took 4 months off when I injured my back back in 2010. I kept my nutrition spot on and within a week of being back in the gym I had people coming up to me asking if I was preparing for a show. I was like are you kidding me I been out of the gym 4 months!! I don't think you will loose much in 2-4 weeks

That's fantastic, but what I would like to know is whether you guys started up gear again right away when coming back into the gym. I will not be, so that changes things a lot.

so you`re not "coming clean"...you`re just taking time off of the gym

so you`re not "coming clean"...you`re just taking time off of the gym

I am coming off test prop and tren ace and switching to 150mg of test per week...AND I am taking 2-3 weeks off from the gym, like I stated previously.

Last edited:
I took close to 8 weeks off. All those little injuries that we continuously work around and what not finally healed up (sorta lol) I dreaded the fact that I took that much time off when I did get back into the gym because of the obvious reasons. But now im' in my groove and feel soo good man. Body really bounced back and even getting that euphoric feeling again during workouts.

I think I screwed up the wording of my original post because no one has really answered what I was really trying to ask. That is my fault. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll try to re-phrase:

- I will be coming OFF my blast and going to TRT
- At the same exact time, I will also take 2-3 weeks off from training for a mental and physical break
- Upon my return to the gym, I will still be off my blast and on TRT

Am I making a mistake taking time off now while I am coming off my blast or should I keep my blast going while I take time off from working out?

I have taken a year off and got back to where I was in about 8 weeks. no bullshit.
gear plus muscle memory equals quick gains with little effort....
-JS

I think I screwed up the wording of my original post because no one has really answered what I was really trying to ask. That is my fault. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll try to re-phrase:

- I will be coming OFF my blast and going to TRT
- At the same exact time, I will also take 2-3 weeks off from training for a mental and physical break
- Upon my return to the gym, I will still be off my blast and on TRT

Am I making a mistake taking time off now while I am coming off my blast or should I keep my blast going while I take time off from working out?

you are over thinking it. do what you need to do.
it wont matter much AT ALL
-JS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner