YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coming off 6 years of TRT, Advice welcome...

MAS81

Registered
Currently 33 years old. I've been on TRT for around 6 years. First 3 years self medicated and the most recent 3 years doctor supervised. Doses ranged from 100-150mg a week. Occasionally, 200mg for a few weeks at a time. My doctor had me on arimidex .25mg twice a week. He did not believe in HCG during TRT but I used it periodically throughout at 500ius for the two days prior to injection.

My wife and I decided its time to start a family. I have been off everything for just about 5 weeks. My doctor recommended that I keep the arimidex dosed twice a week to keep estrogen low. He will not put me on clomid or hcg. He said we can do a sperm analysis in 3-4 months.

Any advice on natural supplements for libido boosters? Would clomid and/or hcg help at all?

I am taking his advice for now but would appreciate others input on what works and what doesn't. My goal is to go back on TRT when the wife gets pregnant.

Last edited:
Yes hcg or hmg, along with clomid can help

Sent from my i-PP using TAPATRASH!

Yes hcg and or hmg would help. Have you thought about seeking out another dr?

Yes hcg and or hmg would help. Have you thought about seeking out another dr?

I have considered it. The problem is down here in South Florida, we don't have many great endo docs. Most everyone down here who is into rejuvenation only worries about testosterone and gh protocols. It's a very common fad down here.

Thanks for the advice. I was reading the insert on the hcg boxes and they recommend 6 week courses at a time with doses starting at 2,000ius, three times a week then tapering down. Certainly not the norm.

My advice after 6 years on trt would be.... find a solid domestic and stay on.

Plus, any old Dr that is an MD can write for Testosterone. You can find a simple general practice Dr. in S. Fla with ease and get test. I know this for a fact bro, you don't really need an endo just for test.

I just re read your thread and hope the family works out. Get some clomid and you said you had or are getting hcg. Good luck bro.

Last edited:
Then why come off trt, did you have a low sperm count?

Ak

Then why come off trt, did you have a low sperm count?

Ak

We made the choice to start a family. I would assume exogenous testosterone is going to severely hinder fertility. I haven't heard or read too many success stories of HRT patients getting their wives pregnant.

We made the choice to start a family. I would assume exogenous testosterone is going to severely hinder fertility. I haven't heard or read too many success stories of HRT patients getting their wives pregnant.

A protocol of HMG and HCG should get you there in 90 days or so, while staying on HRT.

I was taking heavy cycles both times I got my ex wife pregnant. I heard others did too, but have your doctor evaluate you.

And after that long, unless you hit it right and have a bit of luck, you will probably hinder your chance of pregnancy more by coming off.

If sperm count and motility is fine get to work. :headbang:

Ak

get a fertility test first. gonna be rough getting the wife pregnant with zero sex drive. I had 2 kids no problem

Getting sperm count up

Hey I went off a similar regimen (~100 to 150 mg Test/week) about 14 months ago. My endo immediately put me on HCG (~2,000 3x/week). I lost a bit of muscle but not too bad. My sperm count was literally 0.
We got the sperm to a better (but low) level after about 3 months. It stayed flat for the next 6 months. I added some good GH and the sperm count went way up to near normal levels. More of the muscle is coming back too thanks to the GH.

No idea if the HGH helped or it was just a matter of time!

Good luck!

I have a friend who had great success taking CLOMID knocking his wife up...

I was in your position a few months ago. I had been on HRT for 5+ years with blasts here and there. At the beginning of October we had a semen analysis performed and my sperm count was basically zero. They it was so low they could not extrapolate a number from the specimen collected.

My urologist started me on Clomid 25mg qd. I went back just under two months later for another semen analysis. My sperm count had already risen to 8 million. Still low, but great progress for such a short time. The urologist then increased my script to Clomid 50mg qd.

I have been on that for about two additional months and will have a third semen analysis performed next Tuesday. I have also started taking DAA 3g qd the past 10 days or so. Hope for even better numbers than last time.

So there is certainly hope for bringing your body back into normalcy even after long term consistent usage.

However, I will say this, the transition period was really rough. Granted I had some tumultuous life circumstances at the same time, but I often found myself really sad for no reason, apathetic and unmotivated, low libido, decreased appetite and strength, etc. It was to be expected but was a little worse than I anticipated. So just prepare yourself mentally because it won't be easy.

We did it for the same reason, we want to start a family. I would suggest bringing your wife with you to the urologist appointment so she is in the loop. I will also warn you to expect it to be a long, slow process before your sperm is healthy enough for pregnancy. Of course all it takes is one, but even with my count at 8 million a couple months ago the urologist told me the chances of us getting pregnant with those numbers were very low.

I am still in the middle of my journey but I am finally starting to feel better. Mood this past month has been greatly improved, appetite is coming back, and libido is starting to feel more normal.

I hope this has helped, feel free to PM me if there is something specific I can help you with.

I think TRT causing low sperm count is a bunch of BS. Unless you had a test done, your killing yourself for no reason. With your test in the toilet your gonna be to tired, cranky, and your limp noodle ain`t even gonna get the seed out. Stay on, get a sperm count done if your concerned.

It is a little pathetic feeling when the ask for a sample and they give you this big ole cup. When your done they are looking to see if anything is in the cup. I wanted to ask for a smaller cup, lol.

I think TRT causing low sperm count is a bunch of BS. Unless you had a test done, your killing yourself for no reason. With your test in the toilet your gonna be to tired, cranky, and your limp noodle ain`t even gonna get the seed out. Stay on, get a sperm count done if your concerned.

It is a little pathetic feeling when the ask for a sample and they give you this big ole cup. When your done they are looking to see if anything is in the cup. I wanted to ask for a smaller cup, lol.

BS? Why on earth would you make such a ridiculous statement? There are exceptions to every rule but LH and FSH are suppressed together so exogenous testosterone shuts down endogenous testosterone production AND sperm production.

i got a good rise in my sperm count from under 1 million to 2 million (which still sucks) with doctor rx clomid,& hcg. I also took a tripolin peptide shot, tribialis, DAA, and Zinc. It didn't work as we had to do IVF, but if you don't have other problems & (I did, trauma, varicoseles, and stones)...It should work. My test got back up to 500 as well. Good Luck

There is a lot of science proving your statement wrong..some do get their wives pregnant on trt but chances are small.

Last edited:
There is a lot of science proving your statement wrong..some do get their wives pregnant on trt but chances are small.

Agree. No need for science. Just ask someone who be on HRT for extended period to get a sperm count. It will be next to nothing if not zero. Is there a chance, yes but I'd bet against it. HCG could keep some of it working , but it is only 20% as effective as HMG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity