over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Comments on Hernon's Routine

miked96

Newbies
I have been using Phil's routine for a while now and I have always done BB rows for back. I decided yesterday to use dumbell rows just like in Phil's youtube video. I only used 40 pound dumbells and it destroyed my upper back. I am very sore this morning and am I am really excited to find such an effective exercise. I cant wait to see what this does for my back as I get stronger. Thanks Phil!

SURE

I have been using Phil's routine for a while now and I have always done BB rows for back. I decided yesterday to use dumbell rows just like in Phil's youtube video. I only used 40 pound dumbells and it destroyed my upper back. I am very sore this morning and am I am really excited to find such an effective exercise. I cant wait to see what this does for my back as I get stronger. Thanks Phil!

I ALWAYS FELT DBs ARE A MORE NATURAL MOVEMENT FOR BACK/ELBOW AS OPPOSED TO THE BARBELLS LOCKED IN POSITION.

Care to post the youtube link?

The biggest problem I have with both arms at the same time is the stress it puts on my lower back. I herniated a disc in my lower back two years ago and since I can't do excercises that put that much stress on my lower back. Deadlifts used to be one of my favorite exercises until the back problems.

The biggest problem I have with both arms at the same time is the stress it puts on my lower back. I herniated a disc in my lower back two years ago and since I can't do excercises that put that much stress on my lower back. Deadlifts used to be one of my favorite exercises until the back problems.

you can straddle an incline bench (15-30degree angle) and do the 2-arm db rows that way. pretty much a chest supported row with a freer ROM

I never did these until I started working with Phil....Swallow ur prideand lower he great. Great back exercise were u can concentrate on the back and not worry about rear delts and bi's really coming into play

two things phil if you catch this i was refering to this thread bout rows. next thing just do what phil tells you. i am truly a believer after my workout today. at first glance work out seemed really simple. thought it may be not enough. i dont doubt phil so i followed to the t. damn now i am tired as all hell killer routine. phil thanks again.

OH yes the dbl DB row is probably the best back worker out there. Very difficult to do and will torch your lats and Rhomboids.

When i do these.. Which i haven't in awhile.. Kinda forgot about em.. I would bring the dumbells up in the same motion as a barbell row.. Keeping the Dumbells by my quads.. At the top i would rotate my palms so they face inward and squeeze hard for a second at the top of the rep..

How Heavy

I NEVER DO 1 ARM ROWS.......DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

How heavy were the dumbells you used when at your strongest for this exercise?

It seems impossible to go very heavy without losing all form on this exercise.

How heavy were the dumbells you used when at your strongest for this exercise?

It seems impossible to go very heavy without losing all form on this exercise.
How about it Phil? What did you use?
Just curious also.

I suppose it all depends on anyone's definition of heavy. I have with good form used the 45kg D/bells for 8 good reps. Nearly killed my ass but done with good form. So for all the non metric peeps that is 100's. my back was sore as hell the next day, I loved it!!:D

I agree man, I've just finished my 10th day with Phil and I never really did DB rows, I always did seated cable, BB, or Tbar Rows for that part of my back, but I can definitely feel a difference already!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws