over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Companies and Health Screening...

SmallTownIron

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
How many of you work for a company that offers benefits such as Health Screening, Wellness Assestments, Lifestyle Programs and etc?

I am fortuate to be participating in my first Health Screening with the company tomorrow.

The screening will test for:

Blood Pressure
Systolic (top) < 130
Diastolic (bottom) <= 80
Glucose
Non-fasting <= 140
Fasting <= 100
Total Cholesterol < 200mg/dL
HDL Cholesterol
Men => 40mg/dL
Women => 50mg/dL
LDL Cholesterol < 100mg/dL
Triglyceride < 150mg/dL
Waist Circumference
Men <= 40''
Women <= 35''

I think it is great that some companies REALLY do care about the health of their employees.

I work for a big Bank and we get that same screening, plus some other cool stuff. It is a really nice purk.

JM

How many of you work for a company that offers benefits such as Health Screening, Wellness Assestments, Lifestyle Programs and etc?

I am fortuate to be participating in my first Health Screening with the company tomorrow.

I think it is great that some companies REALLY do care about the health of their employees.

That's great that your company offers that...my company only offers a hearing test once a yr.

Yeah, I think its something great a company can offer. I done the testing this morning and will be a couple weeks before results comes back.

I think its great the company do that. I wonder though, can they use it as a way to Wein out the week incase of layoffs.

Say they have two qualified employees but one has to go on unemployment due to the companys down sizeing in this shitty economy, they are surely going to keep the healthier of the two, right? I know I would. Just wondering, I really don't know the answer.

I would be curious to find out how secure your job is when your results come back and they don't look good. The insurance company plays a part in the Health screening aswell and we all know they hate spending extra money on sick people.

I'm a pilot (not currently flying) and have to take some pretty extensive medical testing to maintain my First class medical certificate, and if I fail any of the blood work, eye exams stress test or basicly anything, I get my right to fly suspended and need to get a waiver or special insurance, sometimes both from the FAA air surgeon before I can fly again.
Usually if you do fail anything your chances of getting your wings back are slim. I am currently unable to fly because I havent renewed my Medical Certificate. I'm waiting till this Cholestorol things fixes itself so i can pass.

I think its great the company do that. I wonder though, can they use it as a way to Wein out the week incase of layoffs.

Say they have two qualified employees but one has to go on unemployment due to the companys down sizeing in this shitty economy, they are surely going to keep the healthier of the two, right? I know I would. Just wondering, I really don't know the answer.

I would be curious to find out how secure your job is when your results come back and they don't look good. The insurance company plays a part in the Health screening aswell and we all know they hate spending extra money on sick people.

I'm a pilot (not currently flying) and have to take some pretty extensive medical testing to maintain my First class medical certificate, and if I fail any of the blood work, eye exams stress test or basicly anything, I get my right to fly suspended and need to get a waiver or special insurance, sometimes both from the FAA air surgeon before I can fly again.
Usually if you do fail anything your chances of getting your wings back are slim. I am currently unable to fly because I havent renewed my Medical Certificate. I'm waiting till this Cholestorol things fixes itself so i can pass.

This is funny you say that, because my girlfriend and how had a dispute with one another about picking between two potential employee for construction purposes(one person that is not in shape and one person that is in shape/healthy/muscular and etc). Who would has the better chance, you know?

But when it comes to the first post of your post:

The company I am employeed with keeps the information confidential. The results are submitted to the person ONLY. But if the individual thinks they need to seek some advice, enroll into a health program or etc, then they are offered the chance to supply their results into a system within the company. In this case, health programs, training, classes, and hands on activited are offered by the company to help the individual.

I think it is a great things.

That is funny. I think you found a company that may actually put peoples health before the money they spend. Ide consider yourself very lucky, companys like that are one in a million.

I have always been skeptical of companys that offer anything for "free" and health screening is no exception. After all, they're in it to make money.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131