YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Compared results between Niaspan and regular Niacin and is it worth the extra money?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
niaspan for 1000 mg a day for a month no insurance is 200$. regular niacin as a hell of alot cheaper and just scepticle on how much better niaspan could be for the price comparison. anybody ever compared the 2 in blood work trials?

Save your money and take this. I told my doc along time ago that I wasnt gonna take that expensive crap and I mentioned this and he said good enough.

Slo Niacin | Walgreens

wow that interseting yall should me these, as i didnt know there was a over the counter extended realse type of niacin,

althoe i would like to still seee some real test data results on the comparison of the 2 as im sure its out there, for a pharm drug its gota have some other cholesterol stuff in it, but whether its worth it, i may have to do some trial runs my self huh?

slo niacin

Save your money and take this. I told my doc along time ago that I wasnt gonna take that expensive crap and I mentioned this and he said good enough.

Slo Niacin | Walgreens

My HDL is usually around 30.

This product boosted mine to 57

LDL decreased as well.....74 I believe

Triglycerides were 53

i was in WALMART yesterday and the slo-niacin cost about $13 dollars for 100 capsules-not bad

Only difference is the pharmaceutical will have the dose printed on the label in the product.Due to poor regulation even the best of companies test low on doses at times on otc supplements.

My HDL is usually around 30.

This product boosted mine to 57

LDL decreased as well.....74 I believe

Triglycerides were 53

Were you on any AAS at this time, by chance? Good numbers btw

Well i went to walgreens and they didnt have it. Figures. So i got one off ebay. the 500mg Slo Niacin. Tried first dose this afternoon and seems good. No flushing. Is 500mg/day a good dose or should it be higher? What do most of you run? My HDL is 20 and it needs to get up more.

Well i went to walgreens and they didnt have it. Figures. So i got one off ebay. the 500mg Slo Niacin. Tried first dose this afternoon and seems good. No flushing. Is 500mg/day a good dose or should it be higher? What do most of you run? My HDL is 20 and it needs to get up more.

My HDL has always been under par, around 20-30 but as low as 3 & 6 at times. And this was when I was clean and ran alot in the military. My LDL has always been really good. I have taken fish oils and niacin. I have never taken statins like lipitor b/c honesly I don't believe in the cholesterol hype. I eat really healthy and exercise and have no family history of heart problems just CANCER! To answer your question I was taking 1500mgs of Slo niacin and believe me it sucked waking up at night on fire! The niaspan did the same thing to me even eight hours after taking it. I would suggest taking 1000mgs. I have never taken Red Yeast rice supplement either but I would like too.

My HDL has always been under par, around 20-30 but as low as 3 & 6 at times. And this was when I was clean and ran alot in the military. My LDL has always been really good. I have taken fish oils and niacin. I have never taken statins like lipitor b/c honesly I don't believe in the cholesterol hype. I eat really healthy and exercise and have no family history of heart problems just CANCER! To answer your question I was taking 1500mgs of Slo niacin and believe me it sucked waking up at night on fire! The niaspan did the same thing to me even eight hours after taking it. I would suggest taking 1000mgs. I have never taken Red Yeast rice supplement either but I would like too.

I could be wrong, but i think red yeast rice wont help for HDLs, only LDLs.

Take regular FLUSH niacin. Start at 100mg every morning and night and work up slowly. Just try to maintain a health flush each dose. All the slo-naicins will increase you AST and ALT. Not good.

Take regular FLUSH niacin. Start at 100mg every morning and night and work up slowly. Just try to maintain a health flush each dose. All the slo-naicins will increase you AST and ALT. Not good.

Yeah. Ive also heard or read somewhere that for some reason the non flush will not raise your HDL. If insurance wont cover the niaspan then I would just take OTC. You might have to take a bit higher dose though to achieve the same results.

Yeah. Ive also heard or read somewhere that for some reason the non flush will not raise your HDL. If insurance wont cover the niaspan then I would just take OTC. You might have to take a bit higher dose though to achieve the same results.

Not true on the dose. Regular FLUSH niacin will have a greater impact on your HDL than Niaspan. You just have to learn to manage the flush. And the NON-FLUSH stuff is a waste. Harsh on your liver and very little benefit to HDL.

How much of an increase? I'd be surprised Slo Niacin was able to be FDA approved and sold over the counter if it can have that much of an impact on ast/alt.

Slo Niacin is flush. That being flush = turning red wanting to rip my eyes out burn. :eek:

Not true on the dose. Regular FLUSH niacin will have a greater impact on your HDL than Niaspan. You just have to learn to manage the flush. And the NON-FLUSH stuff is a waste. Harsh on your liver and very little benefit to HDL.

Well, I used the OTC regular flush niacin and it had little if any impact on my HDL. Heck, I hardly even flushed on it. WIth this niaspan the flush gets so bad sometimes I feel like my skin is on fire. No OTC niacin ever did that to me. It also raised my HDL about 10 pts or so. Taking Crestor raised it another 10 or more.

Well, I used the OTC regular flush niacin and it had little if any impact on my HDL. Heck, I hardly even flushed on it. WIth this niaspan the flush gets so bad sometimes I feel like my skin is on fire. No OTC niacin ever did that to me. It also raised my HDL about 10 pts or so. Taking Crestor raised it another 10 or more.

Sounds like you might have gotten the sustained release form. Get the crystaline form. Twin Labs is good. My HDL went from 15 to 40 in 6mos.

Just b/c you dont feel the red/flush doesnt mean its not working right. I took 500mg slo niacin and got no flush at all. gonna try 1000 tomorrow

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws