YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Competing or not, who here works with a coach and who here does their own diet?

Just received my plan from Alex, holy shit balls its very thorough. A lot to read and take in.

Are you planning on updating/keeping a log about this? After I read your topic about him and the l-carnitine I've been following and researching him and he's a very interesting guy.

Are you planning on updating/keeping a log about this? After I read your topic about him and the l-carnitine I've been following and researching him and he's a very interesting guy.
No sir, it wouldn't be fair to Alex, his methods are pretty detailed and wouldn't want to give away too much of his info, if it was just a generic eat chicken and rice and take these drugs I would.

No sir, it wouldn't be fair to Alex, his methods are pretty detailed and wouldn't want to give away too much of his info, if it was just a generic eat chicken and rice and take these drugs I would.

I see your point, I get that

It’s also a lot of fluff and technical jargon to make it appear more sophisticated than it is. I worked with him and IMO he is a fraud. Just my opinion and I know I’m not alone on this.

What makes you say fraud?
Honestly, Alex used to get on my nerves a little bit. The technical jargon was too much and his sometimes deliberate intent to NOT break it down into laymans terms annoyed the shit out of me. Honestly, i still don't know WHY he doesn't break it down more. Literally no one aside from maybe Dr. Scott understands 100% of his rants. All it would take is a simple, "what I mean by that is...." every so often haha.

That aside, i kiiinda realized that Alex is just a big excited nerd and loooves this shit. I give him props for eating, sleeping and breathing the science side. Either way, I'm definitely interested to hear Bboy's POV as he goes into offseason. Personally, he seems like an interesting mind who has some new and unique ideas that challenge the way we think about drugs and the science of bodybuilding. He would be great to bullshit with when putting together an offseason. Havent seen or heard many prep clients though.

It’s also a lot of fluff and technical jargon to make it appear more sophisticated than it is. I worked with him and IMO he is a fraud. Just my opinion and I know I’m not alone on this.
I compared mine with a friend that hired him also, the phases info and certain info were copied (yes technical jargon) but my supplement plan, gear plan, insulin/gh, and diet was polar opposite of my friends plan.

All I can say is we can come back to this thread later in time and see if he is a fraud or a guy that is simply over your head (I don't mean this in an insulting way) aka. The proof is in the pudding as my granny use to say.

What makes you say fraud?
Honestly, Alex used to get on my nerves a little bit. The technical jargon was too much and his sometimes deliberate intent to NOT break it down into laymans terms annoyed the shit out of me. Honestly, i still don't know WHY he doesn't break it down more. Literally no one aside from maybe Dr. Scott understands 100% of his rants. All it would take is a simple, "what I mean by that is...." every so often haha.

That aside, i kiiinda realized that Alex is just a big excited nerd and loooves this shit. I give him props for eating, sleeping and breathing the science side. Either way, I'm definitely interested to hear Bboy's POV as he goes into offseason. Personally, he seems like an interesting mind who has some new and unique ideas that challenge the way we think about drugs and the science of bodybuilding. He would be great to bullshit with when putting together an offseason. Havent seen or heard many prep clients though.
He has been called out for putting other coaches clients’ “before and after” pics on his site and attempting to pass the client off as his own
He posts the same 2 blurry ass pics of himself claiming to be in “show shape” with zero other pics of himself. Look up his actual contest pics of the one time he did compete.

His interpretation of data is questionable at times.
Do a little digging and you can find many credible coaches and competitors opinion of him. It’s not good.

All I can say is we can come back to this thread later in time and see if he is a fraud or a guy that is simply over your head (I don't mean this in an insulting way) aka. The proof is in the pudding as my granny use to say.

I’ve listened to many of his podcasts and read a great deal of his material.That is what made me decide to work with him. Didn’t take me long to realize he isn’t what he seems when it comes to application of his supposed knowledge. Maybe your experience will be different.I hope it is. Like I said, I’m not the only one that feels he is a fraud and it doesn’t take much digging to find some bigger names that feel the same.

I’ve listened to many of his podcasts and read a great deal of his material.That is what made me decide to work with him. Didn’t take me long to realize he isn’t what he seems when it comes to application of his supposed knowledge. Maybe your experience will be different.I hope it is. Like I said, I’m not the only one that feels he is a fraud and it doesn’t take much digging to find some bigger names that feel the same.
Yea people say a lot of bad stuff about AJ Sims and Matt Jensen but they are still putting several clients in the winners circle. Hell I have heard lots of people bad mouth shelby Starnes but his ladies are still slaughtering shows. The prep field is a funny lot..😆 🤣

Agreed.. but as you said, all of the people you have mentioned above have produced winners, pros, and winners of pro shows. What has Kikel done? Maybe you are his break through client though. Maybe you are the pro he makes better. Just saying I doubt it.

I compared mine with a friend that hired him also, the phases info and certain info were copied (yes technical jargon) but my supplement plan, gear plan, insulin/gh, and diet was polar opposite of my friends plan.

IMO, he should hire you, and not you him.

How many years have you in the sports, studying and competing? I do not mean that a younger guy has nothing to teach a mature one ... as long as this is not someone who studies and investigates, which is not your case.

IMO the RIGHT set of eyes can be invaluable.. i also feel a good coach has to be a good listener as well... when you get down to the last few weeks your mind plays tricks on you and good coach keeps you grounded and focused... I don't mind following protocols but i like shit explained to me... I was going to compete this year and work with Omar Ventura... but Covid fucked everything up for me... When i worked with Tenny and MT i never looked better... got my Pro card with them...great team... Tenny is a genius and MT was was my eyes.... Shame Tenny went off the deep end...

For the life of me I cant see why someone would hire a coach if no plans on competing.
Everything is out there, do a little research. Many youngsters need to be spoon-fed everything these days.
We grew up in 70's, 80's none of that shit around, and probably the best physiques ever walked around in those days.
Just my opinion, folks can do what they like. (Grumpy old fukk signing off) :)

I do my own diet. I’ve worked with Dave palumbo, derik farnsworth, Alex azzarian. None of them told me anything I wasn’t already doing. Just basically told me to do more cardio cause if I work by myself I slack on it. Dave obviously added much more fats in but no coach has ever showed me something where I’m like dam this is the fucking secret. I think if a lot of people sat down and put there mind to it they’d could do it themselves, surprise themselves, and save a lot of money in the process

IMO, he should hire you, and not you him.

How many years have you in the sports, studying and competing? I do not mean that a younger guy has nothing to teach a mature one ... as long as this is not someone who studies and investigates, which is not your case.
Yes I have done my own diet several times and earned my pro card at a show where I did my own diet, but I'm all about expanding my knowledge and unfortunately that doesn't come for free these days, so I hire people that have interesting theories and specific ways of doing things and all around knowledge, if it was just about going out and looking my best I would do my own thing or hire scoobyprep as I think he nailed my physique as good as anyone and already knew how my body would react to different things. I give shelby starnes an honorable mention here also as if I wouldn't have bitched out me and him would have NAILED it also. John Robson from the UK did a damn good job with me also and he was unknown and way cheaper than the other prep guys. They each had specific things that I have now taken and put into my own prep and only made/makes me better.

I bitched about the prices of high level coaches for ever. Hit the lottery in life and hired AJ Sims. Some guys are just absolutely next level. He’s been able to keep me walking around at 5-7% for years, p on 11 pounds of mass sub 10% body fat, and I feel great doing it. Told him I didn’t want to go heavy on the drugs outside of prep and we’ve never gone heavy on drugs in prep either. Cheers.

I bitched about the prices of high level coaches for ever. Hit the lottery in life and hired AJ Sims. Some guys are just absolutely next level. He’s been able to keep me walking around at 5-7% for years, p on 11 pounds of mass sub 10% body fat, and I feel great doing it. Told him I didn’t want to go heavy on the drugs outside of prep and we’ve never gone heavy on drugs in prep either. Cheers.
A friend of mine has been working with AJ Sims for the past couple of years and has had the exact same experience. Never looks more than 6-8 weeks out yet has added quite a bit of muscle and the drugs are never anything crazy. He gets crazy lean for prep too. Probably some of the best conditioning I’ve seen honestly.

A friend of mine has been working with AJ Sims for the past couple of years and has had the exact same experience. Never looks more than 6-8 weeks out yet has added quite a bit of muscle and the drugs are never anything crazy. He gets crazy lean for prep too. Probably some of the best conditioning I’ve seen honestly.

I know two guys who have used AJ. One buddy of mine turned Pro last year under him. The other is still a competitive amateur.
But both have said diff things though. One says the drug protocol was kind strange and heavy, the other one said it wasn't bad at all. I remember sometime last year Bostin Lloyd posted an AJ food and drug protocol and it was allll over the place. Im sure its very competitor dependant though. If you tell your coach you're a moderate user....they'll listen. If you say, "make me a pro and i don't care how we do it," you'll get the kitchen sink.

Me and myself. why hire a coach when I have all the info available. Only hire one to keep you in line. I’m sure 80% of know how to bulk and know how to cut.
Prep is probably the only time I’d consider hire someone cause most of tens to over think

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear