advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Competition Dieting for the Rebound Only?

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
Does anyone do a pre-contest diet ONLY for the rebound?..

I was considering it in my mind. I have a friend who cut all the way down and set a date as if it was his own "competition." This apparently really showed him where he was and what he needed to do to improve. The following year he did his first natural show and won.

He told me that he attributes alot of the success of the show to the fact that he did sort of a trial competion beforehand.

Thoughts???

RONJON

if doing it for the rebound then get as low bodyfat as humanly possible for a better rebound effect. I think one of the reasons for shelbys newfound growth is the fact that he stripped soooo much bodyfat off his body at one point that his body rebounded drastically. your body senses a severe starvation enviroment all though you are not starving yourself, especially when you tap into that last bit of stubborn fat that your body is holding on to. hey just my opinion :)

t might help

if doing it for the rebound then get as low bodyfat as humanly possible for a better rebound effect. I think one of the reasons for shelbys newfound growth is the fact that he stripped soooo much bodyfat off his body at one point that his body rebounded drastically. your body senses a severe starvation enviroment all though you are not starving yourself, especially when you tap into that last bit of stubborn fat that your body is holding on to. hey just my opinion :)

i am surprised your friend was able to get ripped "for practice." MOST people that set out to do that FAIL because they don't have the looming reality that in X amount of weeks a thousand people will be looking at you in your trunks.

i think shelby rebounded so good because he dieted too much and his body lost muscle (as well as fat) and now it is thriving due to no longer starving. i dont think any contest prep should make you lose muscle size. not when drugs are involved. i usually get stronger and make muscle gains and STILL rebound great after a show.

just my opinion. -JS

In Shelby´s case homeostasis is working in his favor. Once you have been in contest shape for a very long time like he had it´s easier for your body to stay tight and it´s not as hard as usual to gain staying lean. That´s why they advice you to stay lean in the off season, if you get used to be "x" lean it would be easier to your body to achieve "2x" leannes. I also think that when you are lean your body naturaly becomes more efficient absorbing food because no-fat=bad evolutively speaking and the body tries to take the most out of the food you eat so "your body used to being lean"+"your body being more efficient absorbing food"=Perfect moment for a lot of muscle gains

Last edited:
Here is a thought

Thoughts???

RONJON

Why don't you try it yourself. Keep detailed records, take photos, etc... That way you will have a real life experience with something bodybuilding related rather then what a buddy told you or someone on ProMuscle told you. Hell maybe when you are done you can enlighten us with your findings.

Just be careful on the rebound and add calories SLOWLY. It's very very dangerous to blow up 35 pounds in a month... not to mention the best way to get a BOATLOAD of stretch marks!

Just be careful on the rebound and add calories SLOWLY. It's very very dangerous to blow up 35 pounds in a month... not to mention the best way to get a BOATLOAD of stretch marks!

well thats no fun....i don't know that you would get the rebound these guys speak of by adding them slowly anyway.

ive always just kind of assumed that the rebound was nothing more than muscle memory recovering what was lost during the prep. i have no experience with it, just an assumption and probably an incorrect one.

I dont really think there is much of a rebound for an enchanced guy. after a show you might store some water instramuscularly, supercompensate the glycogen and look bigger and fuller than when you were dieting, but in terms of real muscle i dont think you would add some appreciable amount. a natural guy though might feel a bit more the rebound since his test would be a bit suppressed when he is very lean, and then when he adds some calories he would optimize the hormones,but then again this wont make into a monster. so in my opinion the rebound is overrated

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws