over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

competition question... sort of

LK3

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
been scratching my head on this for a lil bit n maybe you guys can help.

not sure why I waste my time thinking but...

lil gym guy I know wants to compete.

as much as I try to avoid ppl I tried to help this guy as he was very passionate and very lost, spent some time with him and helped but it was sort of useless. to me he didn't apply himself, im told my standards are not the best to go by. lol

so typical gym rat, started aas very shortly after training, shitty diet, shitty training too much gear. dreams of competing.

I told him I thought he needed to gain quite a bit of weight to think about it.
he is small 177, but short too, idk how short. he got up to 187 ( less gear highest weight ) ish when he listened to me but when back to normal and is back to 177 ( too much gear for being so soft )

hes all excited about an upcoming comp in 14 weeks.

wtf do you say to someone and not hurt there feelings/hopes.

I feel bad cus he is young and genuinely stupid but sort of trys lol
idk like a little excited puppy.

wtf do you tell someone who is dead set on a loosing endeavor?

my hints didn't work.lol

:spam:

as much as I try to avoid ppl I tried to help this guy as he was very passionate and very lost, spent some time with him and helped but it was sort of useless. to me he didn't apply himself, im told my standards are not the best to go by. lol

so typical gym rat, started aas very shortly after training, shitty diet, shitty training too much gear. dreams of competing.

he is small 177, but short too, idk how short. he got up to 187 ( less gear highest weight ) ish when he listened to me but when back to normal and is back to 177 ( too much gear for being so soft )

my hints didn't work.lol

Let him find out on his own, you tried hinting. He will figure it out he just doesnt have it. Being a nice guy usually ends up annoying yourself with a million stupid questions and he wont listen to 80 percent of them. Find a new gym and keep to yourself next time:D. You got yourself a new best friend

Last edited:
Just keep being honest and tell him how it is...you gotta train hard/smart and stick to the Damn diet! :D

Let him find out on his own, you tried hinting. He will figure it out he just doesnt have it. Being a nice guy usually ends up annoying yourself with a million stupid questions and he wont listen to 80 percent of them. Find a new gym and keep to yourself next time:D. You got yourself a new best friend

brotha... congratulations on the featured member btw!!!
remind me next time!

I totally agree.

I generally avoid talking to ppl, this was one of my little humanitarian missions my wife encourages but even she said he is beyond help. lol

ppl at my gym are weirded out by me enough that generally leave me alone.

I find the reality of "help" so frustrating. :banghead:

Let him do the show and get a dose of reality.

He'll fall in two categories.

A: The learning curve; he'll change his ways, fix his diet, training, gear use, and come back better than ever.
B: The bitter grape: He'll blame everything on drugs, and claim everyone takes way more, and lies about their use. Then he'll use more drugs until he either quits from boredom, or hurts himself.

Let him do the show and get a dose of reality.

He'll fall in two categories.

A: The learning curve; he'll change his ways, fix his diet, training, gear use, and come back better than ever.
B: The bitter grape: He'll blame everything on drugs, and claim everyone takes way more, and lies about their use. Then he'll use more drugs until he either quits from boredom, or hurts himself.

well said and I completely agree

I'm in the same situation now..... got a bikini girl dead set on competing.... looks great from the front... However, ZERO ass.....she's arguing me saying she'll place..... she wont... cant pose for shit either....

So, i'll let her get up there and go through it.... regardless, she'll learn from this... Bess believe ima say "Toldja so"....

Show him pics of ppl in his weight class and ask if he thinks he can compete with them. If not why waste the cash on a show? Keep growing and learning.

my hints didn't work.lol

Let him do a local show that's not known so he has a better shot on facing kids that are just starting out so he doesnt get crushed and not want to bodybuilding again ive seen this happend before with kids trying to a top show first.

Last edited:
The local shows around here he'd probably place... very few competitors in the bodybuilding classes and even fewer that look like they have a gym membership.

With bodybuilding classes so small at the local level the worst thing that could happen is him win. Then he will want to be a online prep coach lol.

With bodybuilding classes so small at the local level the worst thing that could happen is him win. Then he will want to be a online prep coach lol.

Lol. Thats possible ..the local shows I went to there some decent bodybuilders. I just think if the kid goes through the dieting down and training it will be a good test to see if he has what it takes not just physically but mentally. Good to see kids with passion about anything besides just video games. When seeing the younger generation get into it with fire in there eyes brings me back being in there shoes.

Last edited:
more food for thought...
I tried to help this kid/am friendly with him as he works in the gym and ppl look to him for advice, I was hoping to see a trickle down effect. lol

he does help a lil better now but.. lol

since I talk very few ppl and I helped him ppl often think i train or advise him or something... idk small world.

this competition is not in the usa, i was completely shocked to see photos from a competition similar to what he will do so IF he actually did things right he could place/win.

i feel like i know the end result of "helping" but at the same time would like see him do ok. i personally don't get the point of competition if not on a higher level, but that's just me, to each there own we are not talking about someone who could be pro but someone who could have fun/place well etc IF...

i WANT to help cus the bar is set so low that anything is possible, i also don't like to be associated with loosing endeavors. lol

cant do the work for them.

Lol. Thats possible ..the local shows I went to there some decent bodybuilders. I just think if the kid goes through the dieting down and training it will be a good test to see if he has what it takes not just physically but mentally. Good to see kids with passion about anything besides just video games. When seeing the younger generation get into it with fire in there eyes brings me back being in there shoes.
I'm all for it if he's doing bodybuilding. Need more of them. He may get humbled but hopefully that lights a fire and he continues. Tired of seeing people want to compete in physique after a few months of training because they aren't big enough.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

brotha... congratulations on the featured member btw!!!
remind me next time!

I totally agree.

I generally avoid talking to ppl, this was one of my little humanitarian missions my wife encourages but even she said he is beyond help. lol

ppl at my gym are weirded out by me enough that generally leave me alone.

I find the reality of "help" so frustrating. :banghead:

Thank you brother i appreciate it!! Thats awesome they think your a weirdo lol. The goal is to be unapproachable without being a jerk as you know. All it takes is one small convo with a person, now every time you go to gym they want to say hi and chat. 3 years later you have 7 guys that want to chat for a minute, then your looking for a new gym lol. 99 percent of the people in the gym do not have your thinking, they dont understand. Keep them away:D

I'm all for it if he's doing bodybuilding. Need more of them. He may get humbled but hopefully that lights a fire and he continues. Tired of seeing people want to compete in physique after a few months of training because they aren't big enough.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Exactly. It will definitely test his character but it can be a great learning experience not just about bodybuilding but about life and determination and following through with something that takes hard work and discipline.

I'm in the same situation now..... got a bikini girl dead set on competing.... looks great from the front... However, ZERO ass.....she's arguing me saying she'll place..... she wont... cant pose for shit either....

So, i'll let her get up there and go through it.... regardless, she'll learn from this... Bess believe ima say "Toldja so"....

that sucks

:(

Just tell him that you don't think he's ready yet...that's not harsh, just honest. If he's dead set, then let him compete. He'll probably drop out at some point during prep from the sound of things...either too hard or he'll see how thin he is and that he's not ready.

Dude I've been doing professional (as in this is my career) contest prep for over 25 years. All body types, male and female, some too small, some too fat! All shapes and sizes. What you describe is the most common problem I run into. Not to be cold but, why give a shit? If you were a paid trainer who's career depended on clients, you'd take his money do the best you can and let him learn his lesson. Some of the best competitors I've every trained failed miserably their first and sometimes second show. My x was a NPC champion female BB and went to the nationals in her second year but, did not even place in the top 15 her first show. We both learned a lot that day! LOL Maybe the best thing in the world would be to let him fail.
Just my .02

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner