over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Competitor question

And we've talked about this Knight, so you know what I'm about to say...

Even THAT was bullshit. If you can't win you CLASS, you do NOT deserve to go to Nationals. Top-Anything is bullcrap. Win or go to Nationals/USA as a spectator.

This is the one part we disagree on. Since the window of eligibility closed in the past several years...(it used to be eligible for 2 yrs...so you could take significant time off and come back)..I think top 2 is perfectly fine. This is because some National shows are a week away...some 2,3,4 weeks away which gives you almost not enough time to de-peak and re-peak. So if you are trying to PEAK in 1-3 weeks...but your show is this weekend...it should be acceptable to not pull out all the stops and keep some ammo in the bag for the BIG SHOW. Also, with politics involved...as we all know they are, top two will serve that situation well. Anyone saying politics made him place 3rd,4th,5th,6th is a delusional asshole. Often times there is an argument for 2nd place winning the class.

This is the one part we disagree on. Since the window of eligibility closed in the past several years...(it used to be eligible for 2 yrs...so you could take significant time off and come back)..I think top 2 is perfectly fine. This is because some National shows are a week away...some 2,3,4 weeks away which gives you almost not enough time to de-peak and re-peak. So if you are trying to PEAK in 1-3 weeks...but your show is this weekend...it should be acceptable to not pull out all the stops and keep some ammo in the bag for the BIG SHOW. Also, with politics involved...as we all know they are, top two will serve that situation well. Anyone saying politics made him place 3rd,4th,5th,6th is a delusional asshole. Often times there is an argument for 2nd place winning the class.

I have no gripes about someone finishing a STRONG 2nd and coming in better at a National show-whether it be the following week or 6 months later. The point is they better improve...or if the show is soon after...they better hold their peak or still be on the path to their true peak. This is just one of those situations that might occur and needs strategy behind it. Holding your peak for 2 weeks is almost impossible...1 is hard.

Slightly? For bodybuilding its $300. If you apply the final week(late entry) prior to Nov 6...its $500.
Host hotel.....179+
Travel.....another several hundred.
NPC Card....$120

Admission tickets are 120/100/80 or something like that...
Prejudging 60

Is it any wonder why they are adding a top 5...or increasing entry fees and NPC card costs? Because people keep paying it. It's become a cash cow now for certain promoters who are smart enough to set their shows up successfully. This top 5 or even top 3 bullshit I caught wind of last year is just that...bullshit. Top2 qualify per class with men and top3 for women from 5-6 yrs ago was more than good enough.

Totally agree. Top 5 is total bullshit. Honestly I don't really understand how some of these guys/gals afford to do 3-4 national level shows every year. I'd rather kick ass at local shows or spend the money on my physique or better yet, my bills until I was fully ready to go out and take that pro card. Flex told me this year "Forget about your Pro card, get it out of your head". It was great advice, going to enjoy a local, then a qualifier. Until I win an overall at a qualifier I'm not making the investment (nationals should be an investment, not a no purpose expense)

Win an overall first with a good amount of competition.

One thing a lot of people gotta consider is what stage they are placing on...if You place top 5 at a show like the Met...You'll be top 10 at Nats

One thing a lot of people gotta consider is what stage they are placing on...if You place top 5 at a show like the Met...You'll be top 10 at Nats

Not really. There's not a formula for that. Sometimes those shows are very deep with talent and other times not so much.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Delusional is the name of the game! It's a common problem here in 'Murica. I think a lot of these guys and girls have people blowing smoke up their asses. It's a shame they don't have the insight to have realistic expectations. I was a stones throw away from nationals last year too. No thanks.

Wiping before pooping. I'm going to be using this in the next couple hours. :D

Double D's these days. Delusional and drug abuse.

Totally agree. Top 5 is total bullshit. Honestly I don't really understand how some of these guys/gals afford to do 3-4 national level shows every year. I'd rather kick ass at local shows or spend the money on my physique or better yet, my bills until I was fully ready to go out and take that pro card. Flex told me this year "Forget about your Pro card, get it out of your head". It was great advice, going to enjoy a local, then a qualifier. Until I win an overall at a qualifier I'm not making the investment (nationals should be an investment, not a no purpose expense)

I think this would be a perfect launching point into the topic of the "begging" sites like gofundme, etc...

THOSE asshats should be hit by a freaking car.

I think this would be a perfect launching point into the topic of the "begging" sites like gofundme, etc...

THOSE asshats should be hit by a freaking car.

LOL yup. Everytime I see that bullshit on facebook I want to go ape shit on their ass. People (usually with a job to begin with) asking for money to fund their competition goals. Are you fucking kidding me? :banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws