over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Complex and simple carbs?? What is it?

Geoffke

Banned
When do i need complex/simple carbs?

Now, i'm drinking a carbdrink after my training in the gym.
The name of it is "max carb". But are they simple carbs or complex??
When do i need complex and when do i need simple?? And what are complex/simple carbs? What is the difference?...

:confused:

Simple carbs are sugar carbs. Dextrose is the best simple carb because of its quick action into the blood. This is why you should take it after a workout.

Complex carbs are things like sweet potatos, rice, oatmeal. Chemically speeking, Maltodextrine is the best complex carb to use in shakes and powders because it is highly bioavailable and easy to digest. Its slow release maintains a constant blood glucose level and therefore minimizes insulin spikes. Complex carbs should be the MAJOR portion of your carb intake!! Complex carbs should be eaten all day long and only post workouts should you load up on simple carbs.

Both Dextrose and Maltodextrine will be available online at www.bulksupplements.com for unbeatable prices.

Macdaddy

Geoffke

You want to add some protein to that carb drink. Post-workout protein is better than nothing, post-workout carbs are better than post-workout protein, but both carbs AND protein after a workout, provide a much higher level of both protein synthesis and anti-catabolism.

As Macdaddy stated, simple carbs are sugar. If you want to know what is in food, you must LOOK on the LABEL. If it says 30 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of sugar, then you know that most of the carbs in said food are pure sugar.

Re: Geoffke

stevehnsn said:
As Macdaddy stated, simple carbs are sugar. If you want to know what is in food, you must LOOK on the LABEL. If it says 30 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of sugar, then you know that most of the carbs in said food are pure sugar.
Dose anyone know if lactose is counted under "Sugars"? I believe it isn't which can be VERY deceiving as it's simply milk sugar - gives milk that "sweet" taste! If it's not a "mono-saccharide," it's a very "simple" carb.

xcel

Dose anyone know if lactose is counted under "Sugars"? I believe it isn't which can be VERY deceiving as it's simply milk sugar - gives milk that "sweet" taste! If it's not a "mono-saccharide," it's a very "simple" carb.
Yes. If you look on a container of milk, there will be 12 grams of sugar per serving. All twelve of those grams are pure lactose. Also, there is Lactaid, which is a lactose free milk. The Lactaid enzyme (lactase) breaks down the lactose into two simple sugars, but the total amount of sugar does not change.

Yep, lactose is a simple sugar. Most milk containers just show how many carbs. Well, 95% of carbs in milk are simple sugars. Thats why I like to use milk with my post workout shake allong with my slin.

Macdaddy

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity