over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Complex Carbs Vs. Simple Carbs

bdp

Registered
Im sure there everyone has an opinion on this but Im wondering out of the total carbs you take in during the day how much is from a complex source ie. yams, oatmeal, brown rice and how much is from a simple source ie. fruits. Is the goal 50% complex / 50% simple? I think I have a good balance of simple from blueberries, raspberries, banana, broccoli and complex from yams and oats.

But do you guys prefer more of one source of carbs to another? If so why?

When dieting down, bulking, PWO, first meal: is one source better than another?

I appreciate your input.

Last edited:
This thread is gonna produce a variety of answers for you as everyone has different philosophy's... Its pretty much.. Find out what works for you.. But there is a bit of science to some of it.. The one thing that i can pretty much say that the majority of guys on here follow is simple carbs PWO during bulking phase.. Your muscles need something easy to digest after tearing down muscle tissue... For the rest of the time... Its hard to say.. If im looking to keep bodyfat in check or diet down.. Then the majority of my carbs are complex (yams, brown rice, etc.) If im looking for straight mass and bulk.. Then a good mix of simple and complex.. Fruits i usually have at Meal #1 or Post Workout... Like i said.. There are just too many varying factors to give you an exact answer.. But use trial and error and see what works best for you....

How does the consumption of complex carbs effect the body vs. simple carbs when on gh and/or insulin? Is it better to consume simple carbs after adminstering gh and/or insulin?

If your utilizing the carb's you take in I dont think simpe to complex makes any differencs at all. Now if heavy and more sedentary that is a completly different situation or dieting for a show.

If your utilizing the carb's you take in I dont think simpe to complex makes any differencs at all. Now if heavy and more sedentary that is a completly different situation or dieting for a show.

where should your carbs come from if dieting for a show?

show prep carbs should be brown rice, sweet potatoes, or yams in moderation. not late in the day, only for breakfast and PWO meal.

I try get all mine from complex carbs but some simple ones sneak in there from milk and cheese and whatnot. Fruit is also a simple carb source but it doesn't fonk with your blood sugar as much. Complexes are much easier on the beta receptors.

In my mind it is the timing of the carb's both simple and complex that you need to manipulate correctly.

Now please bear in mind I am not a competitor so I am not qualified to give the advise in this arena.

Just stating what I have learned from my own body's response to simpes vs complex.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity