over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Concreteguy

It must have been very scary. I hope he's ok. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

This is really hard to read. The nightmares part while in the coma got me. CG is a guy whose posts I have been reading for 8-9 years. If you're reading this, wishing you the best my man.

Hate that you went through all that but glad you're here to tell the tale. You have a big group here supporting you in your recovery.

Really sad to read this :( I’ve been reading CG’s posts on here for years, and more recently on ANASCI. Stay strong man, things can only go uphill from here!

I really appreciate all the support guys. Thank you. It's been two and a half weeks and my body weight hasn't changed at all. That concerns me. I've been eating very rich meals and would think something would be changing buy now. I have walked in stores with my wife but not for long periods. My in sides just hurt still and I'm too weak.

The coma? No I had zero presents of time. I was fully aware something was wrong and I wasn't in a good place. There were times I could clearly hear my wife telling me "It's all right and everything will be OK". It was a calming voice that relaxed me. After talking to my wife about the dreams she told me many of them were based on what was on the TV in room. I would have full length dreams about info mercials. I kept looking for a way out and would often call out for help from my wife. I could hear people talking in the back ground but couldn't understand what they were saying. I now have whats called coma-psychosis. It's flash backs just after fallng asleep. It wakes me up immediately.

After waking up I couldn't walk. I couldn't control my bowels. When I got home and stood in front of a mirror I burst out in tears seeing what looks like a POW in later stages. I look at previous pics of me to stay motivated but it's hard. Ive been hurt badly before but this coma was a ground and pound. I've never seen anything like it.

If you guys have any ideas about diet to recover with minimal fat gains it would be helpful. When I'm up and running again I'll be running a log devoted to muscle memory. But for now I have to let my inflamed intestines fully recover. I posted a pic of what I look like in the VIP area at Anasci. I cant do that here. It's just too pathetic for words. How I lost all this weight is a mystery to me. I wouldn't loose 50lbs if you had locked me in a basement for two weeks. Why this and even with a nutrient based IV yet?

Anyway guy, I'm doing my best and always appreciate the kind words of support. Thank you again!

CG

^^^finding the right words for this is a bit difficult, so i won't say much

..first, your wife is worth her weight in gold ..what a great partner/friend
^^^they are so rare and few

..second, remember who you are ..and it's much more than a "body"
^^^i know, easy for me to say standing on this side, but i'v been brought to my knees ..actually i'v been put face down by life, accidents, unfortunate circumstances
..but i'v always refused to accept defeat

you are not defeated brother ..you'r "CONCRETE GUY" ..f*ckin' tough as they come!!

you'll find your way back bc you have the heart of a champion and it won't even consider anything else
^^^BUT ..take some time ..go easy and be good to yourself, you'v been thru alot

wishin' you a quick and full recovery

Last edited:
I had a perforated intestine, spent 20 days in the hospital and like you lost about 50lbs. Ended up losing 6 feet of small and a few inches or large intestine. Recovery took a while, take probiotics and digestive enzymes. Eat very basic foods and give it time, you will eventually get back to where you were. Don’t give up!

I was put in an induced coma back in 2013. Thought I had the flu and just tried to get better at home over a weekend. Kept getting told that I need to see a doctor but I was stubborn and said I'll be better in a couple days. Well by the time I went to the hospital on Tuesday (on my wife's orders), when the nurses at registration spoke to me, they hit the alarm and I was rushed to ICU. I don't remember this, but my wife told me that as soon as the doctor saw me he told me "You are dying right now, we need to put you in a coma to slow this down and try to figure out what is wrong".

I had no idea I had a collapsed lung and that my organs were shutting down. Was in a coma for 10 days. Lost 40lbs. My liver/kidneys shutdown. They had to cover me in ice due to the fever. Turned out I had Legionnaires' disease, and once they figured out the bacteria, I made a pretty fast recovery.

I can relate to the weird "dreams", one that I remember is I was in a building/maze made of ice. I was in a wheelchair due to a car accident. I had to make it through this maze, and I was there by myself. In order to get from room to room, it would fill with water so that another door could open and I couldn't breathe. (no idea what it was about, but made sense to me at the time). There was overhead speakers, and I could hear my wife talking to me, telling me you have to "keep fighting, keep breathing, don't give up etc." (man gets me tearing up thinking about it now).

Anyways, when I woke up, I had no idea where I was. No sense of time, it was August and I thought I missed Christmas. Couldn't move my legs and thought I was disabled. I was hallucinating a lot the first day. Was scared to go to sleep, thinking I wouldn't wake up again. But once I woke up, I made a pretty quick recovery.

Took me a day to be able to stand up. Then the next day I could take a few steps with a walker. The third day, I managed to walk with the walker around the ICU unit, and they moved me out of ICU to the lung unit. I spent three more days there, and when I was able to walk up a flight of stairs (very slowly) I was allowed to go home.

I felt like a 90 year old man. My only exercise was to walk a few hundred meters. Felt like it was a marathon. But everyday it improved. I think after about 10 days at home, I was still fairly week, but could walk around fairly well and managed to drive a car. After two weeks at home, I went back to work (office job).

As far as the diet, I don't remember much, the only thing I remember is how thirsty I was when they finally took out tubes. The only thing I really remember is that I was craving a lot of juices the first week I was at home. I never drink them, but that week I was all about apple juice for some reason. I guess my body sensed that I need vitamins/nutrients.

I didn't eat anything special, just started eating again. Slowly everyday I would have more stamina, and felt stronger. And slowly I gained the weight back. I went back to the gym 6 or so weeks after the hospital. I don't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure with in 2 or 3 months, I was back to where I was before all this.

So not sure if this, is of any actual help, but don't stress out or at least try not to. You will recover, it will take a bit of time, but not as long as you think.

Last edited:
Concreteguy, did you have diverticulitis and your bowel ended up bursting? That happened to my mother and she nearly died. She recovered fully though after some surgeries. Today she is 80 years old and doing ok. She had to have a colostomy bag for about 1 year. Sounds like you don't need that though, which is awesome.

Like so many others have said, you will gain back the weight you lost. Sounds like it might only take 3 months or so too. Im glad to hear you are ok and made it through all of that. I hope you are sleeping well, that makes a big difference. Every time I have more heart trouble my sleep gets worse again. im having trouble now sleeping soundly and it has a big impact on me.

damn! scary stuff! get rest brother! you will recover. glad your okay

I really like that guy.

Sad to hear; wish him the best on a speedy recovery as possible.

Hang in there CG. If anyone can bounce back from this and come back even better, it's you. Stay strong.

Concreteguy, did you have diverticulitis and your bowel ended up bursting? That happened to my mother and she nearly died. She recovered fully though after some surgeries. Today she is 80 years old and doing ok. She had to have a colostomy bag for about 1 year. Sounds like you don't need that though, which is awesome.

Like so many others have said, you will gain back the weight you lost. Sounds like it might only take 3 months or so too. Im glad to hear you are ok and made it through all of that. I hope you are sleeping well, that makes a big difference. Every time I have more heart trouble my sleep gets worse again. im having trouble now sleeping soundly and it has a big impact on me.

The doc scripted me Ambien because I wasn't sleeping at all. I was afraid to sleep. I kept getting flash backs from the coma. I'm still taking it at night for bed.

I'm experiencing terrible pain in my rear rib cage area. From laying on my back so long just sitting with my back in a car seat hurts. Where they removed the drain I have internal pain as well. No matter what I eat it makes me have gas and it's really painful also. Doc said this is from the inflammation caused by surgery and it will settle.

I'm completely off and I think it's good for me now. I still tear up when I get clothed in the mornings. Just cant believe what I'm seeing. I cant imagine being back in three months time. You would have to see pics to comprehend the damage. I'm a fucking wreck. A skeleton.

I can't believe I once had guys admire me and I won shows...…….and now this? It's gone like it was never there and much worse. What did I do in life to deserve this?

Attachments

• Concreteguy.jpg
    Concreteguy.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
The doc scripted me Ambien because I wasn't sleeping at all. I was afraid to sleep. I kept getting flash backs from the coma. I'm still taking it at night for bed.

I'm experiencing terrible pain in my rear rib cage area. From laying on my back so long just sitting with my back in a car seat hurts. Where they removed the drain I have internal pain as well. No matter what I eat it makes me have gas and it's really painful also. Doc said this is from the inflammation caused by surgery and it will settle.

I'm completely off and I think it's good for me now. I still tear up when I get clothed in the mornings. Just cant believe what I'm seeing. I cant imagine being back in three months time. You would have to see pics to comprehend the damage. I'm a fucking wreck. A skeleton.

I can't believe I once had guys admire me and I won shows...…….and now this? It's gone like it was never there and much worse. What did I do in life to deserve this?

That is how I felt too after my heart attack. The thing with my condition that might have made it a bit easier for me to accept is that I lost my muscle slowly over the years, since I cant really train now with my weak heart. It has been almost like a slow death for me the past 11 years. Your's happened so fast.

I now weigh about the same as I used to, but what used to be muscle is now fat. Sucks. The other day I went into Ventricular tachycardia doing just 3.6 mph on the treadmill.

Since your heart is healthy and other organs seem to be normal, you should be able to train like you want to within 3 months I bet. I think you will be happy with how you look before we reach New Year's day. The worst is behind you now.

You will be back to normal in no time bro. I know that may sound impossible with how you feel.. But you will get there

I'm right there with you.. I was going to bed one night that was supposed to be just like any other night.. Woke up in a hospital a week later, completely changed. You know my story as you've kept up with my thread.

I've lost a ton of muscle as well, and now have hypoxic brain damage on top of it. My complications are far from over, if they will actually end in my lifetime.

Soon this will all be over, and normal living will seem like paradise comparatively speaking

Makes you realize muscles are great but who really cares when you look at the big picture. Being alive is a gift, not to be gay but you know what I mean

I really appreciate all the support guys. Thank you. It's been two and a half weeks and my body weight hasn't changed at all. That concerns me. I've been eating very rich meals and would think something would be changing buy now. I have walked in stores with my wife but not for long periods. My in sides just hurt still and I'm too weak.

The coma? No I had zero presents of time. I was fully aware something was wrong and I wasn't in a good place. There were times I could clearly hear my wife telling me "It's all right and everything will be OK". It was a calming voice that relaxed me. After talking to my wife about the dreams she told me many of them were based on what was on the TV in room. I would have full length dreams about info mercials. I kept looking for a way out and would often call out for help from my wife. I could hear people talking in the back ground but couldn't understand what they were saying. I now have whats called coma-psychosis. It's flash backs just after fallng asleep. It wakes me up immediately.

After waking up I couldn't walk. I couldn't control my bowels. When I got home and stood in front of a mirror I burst out in tears seeing what looks like a POW in later stages. I look at previous pics of me to stay motivated but it's hard. Ive been hurt badly before but this coma was a ground and pound. I've never seen anything like it.

If you guys have any ideas about diet to recover with minimal fat gains it would be helpful. When I'm up and running again I'll be running a log devoted to muscle memory. But for now I have to let my inflamed intestines fully recover. I posted a pic of what I look like in the VIP area at Anasci. I cant do that here. It's just too pathetic for words. How I lost all this weight is a mystery to me. I wouldn't loose 50lbs if you had locked me in a basement for two weeks. Why this and even with a nutrient based IV yet?

Anyway guy, I'm doing my best and always appreciate the kind words of support. Thank you again!

CG

The sentences in bold above say it all. You need to prioritize things. First is heal from your surgical wounds. Nothing can happen until this does! Then focus on building your stamina. Then comes strength and working out again. Get your mind right with what needs to happen and you'll be able to handle all of this better. If you try to rush it, you'll just disappoint yourself. The weights will be there and you'll wake your muscles up when the time is right!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131