over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Confused about cardio

wordomr

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
What’s the general consensus about cardio for body fat reduction, should it be done on different days vs weights or is it ok to do it the same day as a weight training session?

I see so many plans and schedules about weight training routines, but haven’t gotten a good sense of how to fit cardio into a 4-5 day split weights routine.

Thanks

Last edited:
Some prefer faster morning moderate intensity. Check out skips free dvd on YouTube.

Countless studies have proven that the best cardio for fat loss is HIIT. LISS or steady state cardio is still good for over health and heart health, but HIIT burns more BF.

I do HIIT cardio, fasted, at 6am in the morning and my weight training after work at 5:30 pm.

If i could only go to the gym once a day, i would do it after work and do weights first and then cardio. THat is what worked best for me when i only went once a day.

Countless studies have proven that the best cardio for fat loss is HIIT. LISS or steady state cardio is still good for over health and heart health, but HIIT burns more BF.

I do HIIT cardio, fasted, at 6am in the morning and my weight training after work at 5:30 pm.

If i could only go to the gym once a day, i would do it after work and do weights first and then cardio. THat is what worked best for me when i only went once a day.

Op this is your answer HIIT is the way to go for bf loss. I do weight training first and get my body warmed up, i sweat like a mofo. Then i do cardio after and sit in the sauna and stretch when all done. Gotta get some flexibility up in my big stiff ass!!

Remember..... there is more than 1 way to skin a cat... ;)

I let My 260 Lbs of Muscle Burn my Fat!
Best way to burn fat is build Muscle!
Cardio is for the Bedroom silly boys!

Last edited:

I love you brother..... but :rolleyes:

x2

Muscle is calorie expensive. More muscle you have more calories you can afford to eat.

Then comes training + cardio related workload

Then comes the NEAT (Non-exercise activity thermogenesis)

All of these 3 dictates/builds metabolism.

In Concretor's case his day job's intense nonstop workload +wt training defies laws of thermodynamics lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm off for anther 90 days. Just enough time for my Metabolism to Normalize.
Than Back to 250 I suppose for the summer sessions...
At least I'll be big till June!...I need to Retire!...lol

Why do you think you need cardio.??

I personally think that cardio is a crutch for a poor diet with the exception of the end of a prep when the body is fighting fat loss the hardest.

I do cardio , 15 min on the bike or tread mill getting my pulse to 140 twice a week after Arms and Shoulder training for cardiac health.

If I didn't compete I would be like Gun.... 2 to 3x a week for health purposes.... However, I look my best with doing daily cardio.. Just look sharper and crisper.... I don't kill myself on the treadmill...just 30min on an 8-10% incline...about 3.5mph (bout 115bpm)...i'll take it up to 40min close to a show.. IN MY OPINION it depends on how good you wanna look....obviously the non-competitive athlete doesn't really have any consequence by NOT doing cardio... most will think they look "good enough".... now of course there are some athletes that can get away with not doing any and still look phenomenal...I just don't think most of us fall in that category....I know I don't..

I was blessed with a slower metabolism. If I want to get really lean <10%, it takes cardio. (Or DNP)

First time I got very lean was when I was doing 4 short lifting sessions, 3 BJj sessions and 2 KB sessions a week with calories around BWx12. Life sucked but i was PEELED

When doing cardio AKA the AMPK pathway an enzyme is released that deactivates the mTOR gene whitch stimulates strength/growth. Is my understanding. For health moderate aerobics a few times a week would be good. Diet is the best for loosing fat.

I had A great Cardio session with the Wife yesterday.
One of those sessions you cant finish but Keep Tryin...lol
Full leg, hip and Abb Blast by the Time I threw in the Towel!
Heart rate was threw the Roof and a lot more enjoyable than the Treadmill.

Last edited:
The chemicals available today change the logic behind "cutting" and cardio, compared to what it used to be. As a few people stated, you don't need cardio the way that they used to. One of the reasons that people do cardio is to burn through the carb reserve in order to release fats from adipose tissue. Today all the GH-&-etc takes care of that.

cardio was never my thing, but when you compete and want to get rid of those stubborn areas, that helps big time and is good for overall health.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear