advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Confused about peptide (MT2) reconstitution and dosing accurately!!

thehighlife06

Registered
Frankly, this is quite frustrating. I know that I'm just over-analyzing this and probably missing some small but obvious part. I'll use MT2 for my example and to ask my question, since it is the (first) peptide I am going to do research with. Simply put...

I have 1cc insulin syringes with 100 units on them. If I have a 10mg vial of MT2, how much Bac. Water would I need to mix with it in order to get 50mcg's (50... NOT 500) at the line that has a 1 on it? If that's even possible. And why? So I can understand why I'm not figuring this out. I really want to start my research as minimally as possible and go from there.

I thought "units" were every single line on the syringe, equally 100 and "ticks" were the longer lines at the 1-10 locations on the syringe but have recently read that units/ticks are really the same thing... Every line. Somehow this is confusing me in regards to the Bac. Water/peptide ratio I need to mix in order to get my desired MCG dose at the desired line on the syringe.

My apologies if this thread has dipshit written all over it lol, I just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly so I don't end up accidentally researching a whole gram at once (or something along those lines).

Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this.

I'm thinking it would take too much bac. water to get that low going by the numbers, but hey, let's try it out. So, let's say you reconstitute with 1cc/ml of bac. water. Then you would have 10mg/ml = 1mg per number on your syringe (because you have 10 of them).

1mg = 1000mcg, so if we divide by 10 (that would be ml's of water), we would get every line with a number would equal 100mcg (1000mcg/10ml). That's too high for your liking, so if we add 20ml's of water, then we would get 50mcg per line with a number (1000mcg/20ml = 50mcg/ml).

You would have to transfer into another bottle to get your desired strength. Hope this actually helped without being too confusing.

paddington

use peptidecalculator.com

it allows you to enter in how many mg your pep is, how much water you plan to use, size of pin and how much to draw depending on how much you want

it allows you to enter in how many mg your pep is, how much water you plan to use, size of pin and how much to draw depending on how much you want

Damn modern technology:D. Takes the fun out of everything.

paddington

I'm thinking it would take too much bac. water to get that low going by the numbers, but hey, let's try it out. So, let's say you reconstitute with 1cc/ml of bac. water. Then you would have 10mg/ml = 1mg per number on your syringe (because you have 10 of them).

1mg = 1000mcg, so if we divide by 10 (that would be ml's of water), we would get every line with a number would equal 100mcg (1000mcg/10ml). That's too high for your liking, so if we add 20ml's of water, then we would get 50mcg per line with a number (1000mcg/20ml = 50mcg/ml).

You would have to transfer into another bottle to get your desired strength. Hope this actually helped without being too confusing.

paddington

I appreciate you writing all of this out, thank you. Lol I have to read it slowly but it does make sense. With that logic, if I used 2cc of Bac. Water, wouldn't the second line (or unit?) be the 50mcg mark?

And, I'm now confused again...

Haha I actually tried the calculator before posting this. The part that confused me was "Your syringe has x Units" and "Your syringe has x tick marks" because I thought they were the same thing. I really don't understand the unit/tick part and it makes the math difficult for me. The calculator will let me input 100 "units" but only a max of 50 "tick marks". It also forces me to say that there's 2 units "per tick mark". I'm smarter than this!! :banghead:

If I then do that and input the rest, which is obvious (Syringe Volume, Peptide (MG), etc) and I say I want a 50mcg dose, it says to draw up to tick mark 1 but if I then say I want a 100mcg dose, it also says to draw up to tick mark 1.

Call me paranoid, I just want to get it right the first time so I can every time.

I reconstituted 10mg with 10ml of bac water, so I could easily and precisely dose 50mcg. That dose is effective for me.

I reconstituted 10mg with 10ml of bac water, so I could easily and precisely dose 50mcg. That dose is effective for me.

FYI, when I said I wanted to get the measurement to the line with the "1" on it, I meant "10" since the only numbers are 10, 20, 30... 100.

I've been playing around with the Pep calc. and think I understand it a bit more, let me try this out...

I also have a 5mg bottle of Selank, so if I wanted a 100mcg dose of it and mixed 2ml of Bac. Water than I would draw up to the second line on the syringe? Which is also 4 IU's, as every line consists of 2 IU's/units?

So in that regard, if I mixed 2ml of Bac. Water with 10mg of MT2, I would need to draw up to the very first line/2 IU's on the syringe (incredibly small) to get 50mcg?? And the line with the 10 on it would be 250mcg's?

I feel like I finally got it, just want to clarify.

Last edited:
I appreciate you writing all of this out, thank you. Lol I have to read it slowly but it does make sense. With that logic, if I used 2cc of Bac. Water, wouldn't the second line (or unit?) be the 50mcg mark?

Okay, this should be easier to explain. So now we have 5mg/ml = 5000mcg/ml. Assuming that you have 100 "hash marks" or "ticks" on your syringe, each one would be 50mcg (5000mcg/100marks). I'm not sure I understand the second line that you're talking about, unless you're counting the line at the bottom which would be numbered 0?

paddington

Last edited:
So in that regard, if I mixed 2ml of Bac. Water with 10mg of MT2, I would need to draw up to the very first line/2 IU's on the syringe (incredibly small) to get 50mcg?? And the line with the 10 on it would be 250mcg's?

No, sorry. My bad. I thought that you had 100 marks/lines on your syringe, but you only have 50 due to it being an insulin syringe. You would have to add 4ml to the MT2 to get your desired strength per "hash mark" (10,000/4 = 2500/50 = 50). Then each number would be 250mcg (50mcg x 5). I forgot that for insulin each "hash mark" is considered 2 units because it comes concentrated from the manufacturer that way.

paddington

I'll try ; 1 mg = 1000mcg. ok so yr vial has 10000 mcg in it (1000X10)
so if u recon with 1 ml water it would be 10000 mcg for 100 tics or 1000 for 10 tics or 100mcg for 1 tic to hard to measure accuately. so what i do is use a sterile 10 ml vial. pull 1 ml bac water recon in the mt-2 draw it out and inject it into the 10 vial and add 9 ml more theres yr 10 ml mt-2 mixture dosed at 10mcg/1 tic so to do 250mcg you would pull 25 tics= 250 mcg. btw start out small i started at 100 p/d a few days and increase from there no major sides but i do get um if i jump in to deep. thats the simplest way all in tenths if you care to use the vial it comes in it holds 4 ml. to cut to the chase put 4 ml water in there and it is dosed at 25mcg/1 tic in that case it would be 10 tics for 250mcg. dont make me go through the math but its quite simple 2 hope that helps

Last edited:
Frankly, this is quite frustrating. I know that I'm just over-analyzing this and probably missing some small but obvious part. I'll use MT2 for my example and to ask my question, since it is the (first) peptide I am going to do research with. Simply put...

I have 1cc insulin syringes with 100 units on them. If I have a 10mg vial of MT2, how much Bac. Water would I need to mix with it in order to get 50mcg's (50... NOT 500) at the line that has a 1 on it? 2mls. water If that's even possible. And why? So I can understand why I'm not figuring this out. I really want to start my research as minimally as possible and go from there.

I thought "units" were every single line on the syringe, equally 100 and "ticks" were the longer lines at the 1-10 locations on the syringe but have recently read that units/ticks are really the same thing... Every line. correct Somehow this is confusing me in regards to the Bac. Water/peptide ratio I need to mix in order to get my desired MCG dose at the desired line on the syringe.

My apologies if this thread has dipshit written all over it lol, I just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly so I don't end up accidentally researching a whole gram at once (or something along those lines).

Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this.
Sorry i didnt answer yr question dirrectly previously I started with the explanation hope that helps ya

Last edited:
There are a few you tube videos giving instructions whilst actually showing you them doing it. It might be easier you trying that way rather than being explained in just writing. Just google melanotan II reconstitution :)

No, sorry. My bad. I thought that you had 100 marks/lines on your syringe, but you only have 50 due to it being an insulin syringe. You would have to add 4ml to the MT2 to get your desired strength per "hash mark" (10,000/4 = 2500/50 = 50). Then each number would be 250mcg (50mcg x 5). I forgot that for insulin each "hash mark" is considered 2 units because it comes concentrated from the manufacturer that way.

paddington

This math made so much sense to me, it completely put things into perspective.

Unfortunately...

I was adding the fourth and final ml to the MT2 and about 3/4th of the way to being done, water started shooting out of the vial because their was too much in it so I have absolutely no idea what concentration my MT2 is now. it has somewhere between 3.25-4ml of Bac. Water. It really didn't look full to me and I thought it was taking the water just fine and then the stopper inflated, I took the syringe out and water spewed out. Fuck :banghead:

Lol so it didn't end up holding 4ml...

I'll consider this a lesson learned I guess and order a new bottle of MT2 but only mix 2ml next time and just deal with starting off at 100mcg.

Last edited:
This math made so much sense to me, it completely put things into perspective.

Unfortunately...

I was adding the fourth and final ml to the MT2 and about 3/4th of the way to being done, water started shooting out of the vial because their was too much in it so I have absolutely no idea what concentration my MT2 is now. it has somewhere between 3.25-4ml of Bac. Water. It really didn't look full to me and I thought it was taking the water just fine and then the stopper inflated, I took the syringe out and water spewed out. Fuck :banghead:

Lol so it didn't end up holding 4ml...

I'll consider this a lesson learned I guess and order a new bottle of MT2 but only mix 2ml next time and just deal with starting off at 100mcg.

Doh:banghead:! I would just go with 3ml if you're not sure. The math is going to be a little tougher, but truthfully, it's not like you're going to overdose on MT2. So, 10000mcg/3ml = 3333mg/1ml = 66.66mcg per hash mark (3333/50).

When I dose MT2, I usually use 200mcg/day for 10-14 days and then I can get away with .5mg per week after that. I'm pretty fair skinned also. Good luck. Glad the math helped.

paddington

edit: Just FYI, there are some companies that are selling 5mg MT2 which would make things easier for you.

Last edited:
I just figured I should post an update.

I concluded that I was being a little dramatic with the idea of tossing the vial and getting a new one because I wasn't sure of the total reconstitution lol. As Buck said, there's really no "magic number," as long as I roughly know how much I'm taking (I suppose you said that too Paddington, in your own words).

Day 1 I went to the first tick mark. Day 2 I went to the second tick mark. Day 3, I did the second mark again. And today I will be doing the 3rd tick mark and repeating the following day and then increasing again. Rinse and repeat. The highest I'm thinking I will go is up to .5mg but I may find I do not even need that much before I am a color I want to maintain.

Perhaps I'll log it...

Thanks for all of your help Paddington and Buck!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member