over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Congrats to gooey...

Quinine

I am taking Quinine Sulphate, it is mainly used in the eldery who get leg cramps at night. I am on 300mg Nocte. If you are in Australia, I can send you some if you like to try it ?

Is isn't OTC but shouldn'r be a problem getting a script for it, they are about $15. Magnesium and Zinc are supposed to help cramps.

Oh yeah, on the label, it says it can be FATAL if used in Children", nice!

Winston

btw - you are looking the best on stage there mate, good work !

great job gooey i think you would have taken it if you were dry and tight but enjoy the ice cream and pizza for now man. i know your probably feeling pissed at the situation right now but it only takes a few tubs of ice cream for it to go away.-Josh

I agree with phil, you have alot of potential and I think the last thing that you need to do is get fat. I know you like being a fatkid but you should try and stay lean......it'll pay off in the end. Congrats on your show buddy!

patk

gooey, water, bad advice

I'm new to the board, but not to bodybuiding or coaching it. I've coached and won up to and including national level. In reading the Gooey contest thread I was alarmed for Gooeys health
If Gooey cramped and had to be helped out of bed, with no ability to flex because of water deprivation, the person giving him that advice damn near killed him. His last gym shots posted look hard and full, in short right where he should be, and if he had gotten some good advice on properly losing excess water, not losing all water, he would have been hard as a rock and poping veins with skin stretched like a drum top from pumped, large and full of water muscles.
There is no reason ever to get in a cramped state in prep for a bodybuilding contest. If you are that water deprived, then your muscles are also water deprived and will be flat and wont pump(No blood volume from lack of water)
The advice to take pharmacuticals to allow the level to drop lower is the kind of advice that killed several bodybuilders on stage.
Extreme dehydration for a contest is the most dangerous, stupid and life threating thing a bodybuilder can do. If winning is all someone is concerned about, It is also a sure recipe for losing from being flat with no ability to pump. The trick is to get rid of excess water, not all water. Dont confuse them. The first is done with a simple manipulation of potassium and sodium. They go together.

thanx guys

:cool: As always your opinions mean a lot and I take them into consideration. This time I do not feel like I wanna get super chubby again. I spent way too much time on the cardio bike and the reason is because I got so damn fat. Not only does that mean I have to diet longer but the skin takes so much longer to react and retract towards the muscle. I believe I am going to try that route, plus ya just look better with a six pack. As for now all I am collecting is water, I did a 20 week diet program and I felt like I was in prison, its time to exhale for awhile and enjoy life. I will not become a one dimensional person and place everything I have in life into the BBing life, life is too short for that too many things to enjoy also then that. I dont know if I'll ever reach the NPC/USA jr national level stage, all I know is that I love lifting weights and I will contiue to train and live my life to be the best person I can be. This last contest I dont know why my body reacted to such an extreme. I learned a lot and did what I wanted to do, get my feet wet. I feel that if I would have brought my wednesday condition in dryer and fuller there may have been a different ending, believe me the thought strolls through the noggin a couple times a day. But what will be will be, it has enspired me to work harder and to be more disciplined. Maybe in a couple of years when can collect enough $ for these damn expensive shows :p Thanx guys just listening and taking notes baby,
Gooey

How about a few details when you catch your breath

Gooey - Wondering if and how you shitloaded for the contest and if you did a dry run beforehand? Any experiences you had with that process would be interesting to read about. Good job and congrats on a very respectable showing!

Hey Kiddo!

Congrats...3rd is nothing to scoff at...you looked great!

Go out and network with anyone and everyone at all the up and coming local shows in your state...whore yourself out (ha ha) and get guest posing spots...hand out trophy's and see if you can work at a booth...and get yourself some sponsors....

Once these big wig sponsors notice how hard you are working to stay in the industry and dedicate yourself to helping out a company and other fellow athletes, more times then not, they usually will pick someone up!

Have faith in your ablilities, and go hard!

sgfitness

Problem is

No CEO of a company cares wether or not you hand out trophies or work hard kissing ass at shows. It is all in how you look, and they wont just pay you $ to show up at a booth unless you bring something unique to the table or are a pro. There is not a lot of money in this sport, so dont fool yourself. If you want to do well, start a supplement line, personal train, etc. In other words, you call the shots and own the company, then you can decide if you want to hire a guy because he works hard at handing out trophies. Now maybe it is different for fitness girls, but thats a beauty pageant and not up our alley Gooey, (SMILE).

Re: Problem is

PHIL HERNON said:
No CEO of a company cares wether or not you hand out trophies or work hard kissing ass at shows. It is all in how you look, and they wont just pay you $ to show up at a booth unless you bring something unique to the table or are a pro. There is not a lot of money in this sport, so dont fool yourself. If you want to do well, start a supplement line, personal train, etc. In other words, you call the shots and own the company, then you can decide if you want to hire a guy because he works hard at handing out trophies. Now maybe it is different for fitness girls, but thats a beauty pageant and not up our alley Gooey, (SMILE).

WOW --- Very well said Phil. :)

Thanks Ivan, but it is sad

to see these newcomers believing that if you whore yourself out it will promote you to more exposure, placings,etc.. The only promotion it will get you is to the bedroom of the judges pad. If youy fall for the belief that kissing ass is the way to go, you have been nothing more than PUNKED.

It is not mainstream

so there are different rules etc... Lee Labrada is a good example of going the route you mentioned Phil. Perhaps if times decide to change (unlikely) then these athletes can have there due RESPECT and would not have to resort to such pathetic (whoring) means to make a dollar/more exposure. So that is why no matter how freaky I turn myself into I will never regard bbing as a means to make $ (unless my physique brings me something unexpected) just as a hobby, nothing more.

What phil speaks is so true. BBing is a hobby and should be treated as such and like Ivan said.....if you get something extra out of it....Great! I guess if you are made of money and I mean alot of money, then I guess you could focus 100% on bbing and nothing else if you don't have to work. Don't whore yourself out to get something that isn't going to be worth it in the end.

patk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner