over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Congrats to the Mr. Olympia 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natabolic

Registered
Congratulations to jay, our reigning mr. o. you've worked hard, and inspire us all! keep it up.

Congradulations! Hope to
See him compete next year

Really?

Congratulations to jay, our reigning mr. o. you've worked hard, and inspire us all! keep it up.

Just curious how are you inspired by Jay Cutler?

I not trying to be a dick or pee on your thread but I am just curious. Maybe I am in the minority but I am certainly not inspired by Jay Cutler or any other Pro who I don't know personally. And of the ones I know, some I like and have influenced me, others have no effect at all, and some I just don't like.

I not trying to be a dick or pee on your thread but I am just curious. Maybe I am in the minority but I am certainly not inspired by Jay Cutler or any other Pro who I don't know personally. And of the ones I know, some I like and have influenced me, others have no effect at all, and some I just don't like.

Would you mind sharing who had a positive influence on you and who you were indifferent about? I'm pretty sure I read before Frank Zane was one of your biggest inspirations.

Ugh...Maybe because successful people inspire others to want to do the same? You have to know someone personally to be inspired? WTF? Did you get your coffee pissed in? hahaha

I think for some, it's Jay's work ethic that inspires them. Hany Rambod once commented that he had to literally force Jay to eat cheat meals because even his offseason diet is so clean. For others, it's the way he lost to Dexter and became the only Mr. O. to come back and win his title back. No doubt he made great improvements in his physique to do so. He worked diligently to equalize the size of his legs to improve his overall look. On top of all of that, he is financially successful without competing in bodybuilding.

I find Jay inspirational. He successfully navigates his life from one success to the next. He has created financial freedom for himself and this despite the fact that he chose Professional Bodybuilding as a career. Each day is another opportunity for Jay to pursue what ever he chooses. And most importantly I believe Jay is genuine. I have spoken with Jay on several occasions and he comes off as honest, humble and sincere.

Not sure where you are coming from

Ugh...Maybe because successful people inspire others to want to do the same?

I am not sure why you used the "Ugh" this usually signifies that one is having a tough time grasping a paticular simple concept or not visualizing something that is right in front of their eyes. It some instances this can be taken as questioning one's intelligence. So maybe Ness I wasn't educated at the University of Colorado, so maybe I am not as smart as you and I was unable to see the obvious. I think though that if you go back to reading comprehension and read my post you will see that I was asking the original poster why he felt this way in his initial statement and since he said "you inspire us all", even though I wasn't sure if he meant the human race or members of the PM board I qualify under both criteria.

You have to know someone personally to be inspired?

Not sure where I said this because I thought I clearly stated Pro Bodybuilder.

You tell me Ness you have all the answers

Did you get your coffee pissed in? hahaha

I don't drink coffee and that is kind of a vulgar thought and statement.

And 1 more thing

Ugh...Maybe because successful people inspire others to want to do the same? You have to know someone personally to be inspired? WTF? Did you get your coffee pissed in? hahaha

I thought I put a disclaimer on my post:

"I not trying to be a dick or pee on your thread but I am just curious"

So in essence I was asking an honest question, no different then when you ask Phil how much LBA you should put on a banana before you suck it down.

I find Jay inspirational as well. The guy has a work ethic like no other, hence the 4th Sandow.

Congrats to Jay, Phil and Branch!!

I have to agree and disagree with the fact that you actually have to have met someone for them to inspire you, just the fact that someone inspires you to do better and to want more is insperation enough. People are inspired in many different ways, I read the articles and follow bodybuilding and I am inspired to do better in my workouts and want more. I have come to realize that I will never be the biggest guy in the gym but I know this for fact I will never be the smllest. Here is a person who has inspired me to do better in my life and I have never met him:

Audie Leon Murphy (June 20, 1925 – May 28, 1971) was the most decorated American soldier of World War II

Audie Murphy was credited with destroying six tanks in addition to killing over 240 German soldiers and wounding and capturing many others. His principal U.S. decorations included the Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, two Silver Stars, the Legion of Merit, two Bronze Stars with Valor device, and three Purple Hearts (all for genuine combat wounds). Murphy participated in campaigns in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France and Germany, as denoted by his European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with one silver battle star (denoting five campaigns), four bronze battle stars, plus a bronze arrowhead representing his two amphibious assault landings at Sicily and southern France. During the French Campaign, Murphy was awarded two Presidential Citations, one from the 3rd Inf, Division, and one from the 15th Inf. Regiment during the Holtzwihr action.

Jay is the man.. He's made a ton of money over the years in his business ventures and in bodybuilding. Hes now a 4 time Mr.O. The dude lives the life hes even got a full head of hair haha. Plus everyone ive ever spoke to that has met him has said hes the nicest guy.

I also have to disagree that you have to personally know someone to be influenced by them. Tony you have always said that for years Frank Zane influenced you and you just met him a few weeks ago.

I admire Jay and what he has achieved. He is a great ambassador or the sport and very inspirational.

Tony

I totally understood your post and agree 10000000% with what you are saying.

Im sure at one point in time some musclehead was inspired by craig titus also :eek: but hey craig was a pro and living the life wasn't he ;)

So you cant be inspired by someone you have never met?

Brad you never picked up a muscle mag when you were first starting and thought "WOW i want to do that or look like that"

So you cant be inspired by someone you have never met?

Brad you never picked up a muscle mag when you were first starting and thought "WOW i want to do that or look like that"
sure did, when i seen shawn ray in the mag. I thought wow i wanna look like that, but when i got in the gym i wanted my own sculpture and not shawn rays, plus i would never use the comment " you inspire US ALL" when i finally met shawn at the arnold one year he was a fucking asshole, the comical thing was that the coolest guy i met that year was craig titus :eek:

HAHAHAH I use to like Titus as well as Quadzilla. I had some bad choices back then. LOL

sure did, when i seen shawn ray in the mag. I thought wow i wanna look like that, but when i got in the gym i wanted my own sculpture and not shawn rays, plus i would never use the comment " you inspire US ALL" when i finally met shawn at the arnold one year he was a fucking asshole, the comical thing was that the coolest guy i met that year was craig titus :eek:

Haa don't you hate that shit that you feel a certain way about someone then you meet them and they turn out to be a prick? 2 guys that I though were super awesome and proved that as well in person are Levrone and Mike O'hearn. Two mad cool guys for sure.

Is it just or did anyone else think that Jay was about to announce his retirement then it looked like he couldn't do it and just changed the subject? Anyone else know what I am talking about during his speech?

Is it just or did anyone else think that Jay was about to announce his retirement then it looked like he couldn't do it and just changed the subject? Anyone else know what I am talking about during his speech?

i thought the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cross Roads