over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Considering switching to slin pins

Idra

Registered
I'm been at it with a 23g pinning about 2.5 cc's ed for a while now. It's starting to get old.
I know a lot of guys have switched to slin pins, but I'm curious if anyone does that kind of qty with them, I was always under the impression you only wanted to do like half a cc at a time, so I'm not sure prepping and shooting 5 slin pins every day would be better than what I am doing now. Am I missing something?

slin pins are nice, but even switching from a 23 to a 25 will make a big difference. IMO 23's can be a little rough if you dont hit it just right, but 25's are very smooth.

27s and 28s are nice as well. u can draw with a 21 then switch to a 27 which is small enough to cause next to no discomfort.

Slins are the way to go. I use 29 guage .5 inch and 1 cc. I pull out the stopper completely. Then I insert the gear to my dose. Then I gently just put the stopper back (don't push it. You just want to put the tip of stopper back in so that it prevent the oil from falling out). Then I flip the slin upside down (with the tip of stopper/plunger in to block gear from falling out). Now that slin is with the needle facing up, I wait for the little air bubble to reach the needle side. Then I slide the stopper up to get rid of air in slin. Now its good to go. I found much easier to back load than to try to draw the oil through the tiny slin needle. Takes some practice. I run the slins under hot water before a shot to heat oil so it injects easy. Hope this helps

You wont ever want to use a larger needle again. I have been using them for a long time now and slin needles are great. I still use a 23g to back load though

29g, .5" needle, .5ml

People think that it's impossible to get a thick oil out of such a small needle, but the smaller syringe increases the pressure on the plunger. I also draw and inject with the same needle.

Disclaimer: not a vet, but this works for me.

I recently tried slin pins on various muscle groups. Some were better than others. Shoulders and pecs worked best for me, but all in all it was a pain being only able to shoot a max 1cc at a time. I typically use 2.5-3cc's at time. I've since switched back to my std 23awg 1.5" glute shots.

Ok that does it you boys have covinced me to switch after 33 years of stickin 22 guage 1 1/2 my arse is mass of scar tissue
Lately I been doin a syntherol bicep run slin pins werkin great for that!

Do any of you bros do multiple slin injects into the same muscle in sequence? (ex. Load 2 pins, inject one in delt, then inject other in same delt immediately after, about .5" away from 1st inject spot)

Do any of you bros do multiple slin injects into the same muscle in sequence? (ex. Load 2 pins, inject one in delt, then inject other in same delt immediately after, about .5" away from 1st inject spot)

I usually pre load two slin pins if im doing 2 ccs and just hit both delta, or both pecs or traps etc.

For me its a volume issue. If I am in cruise mode and using less than 1ml than yes I will use a slin pin [28g .5"] but yes if I am blasting and hitting 2mls or more than the volume alone mandates a 3ml barrel and thus I use a 23G

Why no one uses 27g 1.5" for glutes? You still load your regular 3ml syringe. Been doing it a long time and don't ever think about going for something like 25g. Low volume of slin pins sounds like too much work to do, when you have little free time.

For me its a volume issue. If I am in cruise mode and using less than 1ml than yes I will use a slin pin [28g .5"] but yes if I am blasting and hitting 2mls or more than the volume alone mandates a 3ml barrel and thus I use a 23G

You can get 29g needles to put on any size barrell. I wouldnt put 3mls through this though as its a shallow injection. But i think 2ml would be fine

I've used slin pins in the past shooting into my thighs but I had to stop, something weird was happening. I noticed a bulge developing on both legs, almost like the oil wasnt being absorbed and just sitting under the skin, they were pretty large actually. I know they weren't abbesses. Eventually the bulges turned dense and stuck around for months even after I stopped shooting. No pain or anything, just kind of weird to look at. They finally went away after a few months.

I've used slin pins in the past shooting into my thighs but I had to stop, something weird was happening. I noticed a bulge developing on both legs, almost like the oil wasnt being absorbed and just sitting under the skin, they were pretty large actually. I know they weren't abbesses. Eventually the bulges turned dense and stuck around for months even after I stopped shooting. No pain or anything, just kind of weird to look at. They finally went away after a few months.

how fatty where your thighs???

Not sure how to quantify fat in just my thighs. Overall I was 17% body fat. I don't compete, I just build.. so 17% is usually where I like to be.

I use 25g and 27g. Takes a little longer to inject, but definitely worth it. I usually don't feel the pin go in.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member