over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Consistancy and frustration

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been really trying to be much more consistant this year with my training, my job has never been condusive to it. If i get a month strech where i dont miss a workout i can easily jump 10 lbs in BW. Problem is i had maybe 1 month like that all year. My job blows for bodybuilding. Take yesterday for example. I leave my house at noon, with only one meal in me, I woke up at 11 am because the night before i got home at 4 am from work. Half way to the gym i get a call from work saying we ran out of hogie rolls and they needed me to stop at the bakery on my way in to get some. That meant drop what im doing , run to the bakery, and get the rolls to the restaurant so our customers could eat. I get to work with the rolls and were on a 45 min wait, so i grab my clothes out of the car, get changed and its time to get business handled. It was supposed to be leg day, i hate missing a leg day. anywho i worked from 2 pm and got home this morning at 5:15. This is really nothing out of the ordinary in terms of a work day for me. we have been much busier this year than previous ones.

So you can understand that im currently finishing off a pot of coffee and eating so i can drag my ass to the gym today. if i get a few days like this in a row, Which is prety common i can miss an entire week in the gym. My diet suffers slightly but shit its a restaurant so at least i can eat what i need to often enough.

Im getting really frustrated with this because for the life of me i cant come up with a training plan that i cant stick to the way i need to to progress. Thank god i havent regressed at all but damn its annoying to go half a year with zero progress.

Consider yourself lucky

Tkav- you really should look a the "bright" side- you are the manager at successful restaurant in a tough economy- many restaurants in my area (LA/Sac) have failed. It's hard to get a job if you ever become unemployed. And you have a lot of food choices around you (I'm sure you have to "eat on the run" but the refridgerator is always stocked).

You say you can easily gain 10lbs in a month? That is amazing too- but remember bb is a marathon, not a sprint. You're still young (I assume 80 is your birthyear) and have time. I know you've done DC so you know if you can get 3 hours in the gym a week you can grow (but I know your recovery must be whack with less than optimal sleep).

Just focus on the positive- don't get down about having an extra rest day here and there. Just my $.02....

Tkav- you really should look a the "bright" side- you are the manager at successful restaurant in a tough economy- many restaurants in my area (LA/Sac) have failed. It's hard to get a job if you ever become unemployed. And you have a lot of food choices around you (I'm sure you have to "eat on the run" but the refridgerator is always stocked).

You say you can easily gain 10lbs in a month? That is amazing too- but remember bb is a marathon, not a sprint. You're still young (I assume 80 is your birthyear) and have time. I know you've done DC so you know if you can get 3 hours in the gym a week you can grow (but I know your recovery must be whack with less than optimal sleep).

Just focus on the positive- don't get down about having an extra rest day here and there. Just my $.02....

To clarify, thats not 10 new lbs that i never had. i should have made that clear but i dont proof read... lol

ok- I get it- muscle memory rocks! But still, I think you've done a good job in morphing your physique based on your posts- you move a lot of weight too.

Just THINK POSITIVE! :)

Sounds like your situation is tough. But so is that for many. Few people are really happy with their exercise and diet. Remember you are not alone. I wish i had a dollar for everytime i heard a triathlete tell me how bummed they are with their fitness.

But be happy at least you want to work out more and eat better. In the long run you will be more than fine.

Geez, im 48 in a few weeks and i say, some decades were better for working out than others. You have the right attitude.

I can completely relate. I used to manage a restaurant in a populated area in NYC that was always very busy. The hours were horrendous where we opened at 6:30am and closed at midnight. The good thing was I paid much less for food since I was able to eat there 3 times per day for free, but my sleep and social life took a huge hit. I quit after 4 months and now I work a 9-5 on weekdays only. Fortunately I have a business degree to fall back on, otherwise I would have been screwed. It's one of those things you either love or hate.

Wow, you must be 'super busy'. Try working 70 hours a week, being on 6-ring standby 24/7 (on call within 6 telephone rings), going to school, and supervising 6 troops. Complain to your girlfriend.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws