over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Consolidating training into fewer days

AGutierrez1980

Newbies
Is there a big difference between doing say, a 6 day split, or just consolidating everything into 3 days (I won't say 1 or 2 days because that seems too extreme)

Push, Pull, Legs, with 80 minutes of LISS cardio after each workout..... I don't take long breaks when lifting so I'm looking at about 2:30 workouts 3x a week.

Been doing this for a while, the volume is the same, weights still increase, overall time spent on cardio (4 hours per week) is the same.

I do drink a carb and bcaa drink throughout, but I don't really feel anything detrimental. I just prefer getting my things done and out of the way rather than commuting to the gym or park to do my hill sprints etc., this way all my other days are free. I got the idea from a pro wrestler that travelled a lot, as well as a singer from a hardcore band that is also a powerlifter..... any of you guys tried something like this? Any noticeable negative effects?

i currently train every other day, switched from a 5 day split.

chest/shoulders/triceps

back/biceps

hams/quads

no cardio. each day is about 75-90 minutes.

edit: as for what ive noticed, im better rested, my joints feel better, and I am growing better as well.

Last edited:
Best gains I've made have been through the 3 day DC split. Realistically, as long as you're rested, and progressing (weight/intensity wise), you can train however the hell you want.

I just have that all or nothing mentality when it comes to training, so it's far easier to give 100% in 3 days than drag a 80% rate with 5-6 days.

EOD for me currently. Takes about 75 mins. 30 sec. Rest between sets.

Chest and hammys
Shoulders and arms
Back and quads

Depending how my calfs feel they are done EOD too.
No cardio done at all.

chest/shoulders/triceps

back/biceps

hams/quads

edit: as for what ive noticed, im better rested, my joints feel better, and I am growing better as well.

Exactly, but I through in abs on my so called Leg day.lol

Exactly, but I through in abs on my so called Leg day.lol

Yup I'm the exact same way , abs with legs and I workout every other day , so I have no real set days , so one Monday it might be push muscles , and the next Monday it might be pull muscles. I just keep rotating and working out every other day.

I've been doing monday-chest/shoulders, wednesday-back/traps, friday-arms, saturday-legs. You get a day off after training the larger muscle groups, arm exercises aren't too taxing so a day off isn't needed and everything gets hit once a week.

As long as nutrition and rest are on point I don't see why you couldn't make any split work.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I do three days a week of lifting. Push, pull and legs. Some pros like Dexter do a 3 day split with sucess. I think any split works as long as you make it.

chest/shoulders/triceps

back/biceps

hams/quads

Basically a push, pull, legs split. You can't go wrong. :headbang:

chest/shoulders/triceps

back/biceps

hams/quads

Im going to switch to a split like this. I have read so much info and been told so many times how important rest is, but I always stuck to training 5-6 days a week because I was so stuck in my ways. Now im having severe elbow pain, the Dr thinks its a nerve or tendonitis, he said rest it for 2 weeks and come back. Its not getting much better which concerns me...

Once I can come back I think (well im pretty sure) having an off day every other day will benefit me not only from a growth stand point, but from and injury one as well.

Of course when the Dr said to rest my upper body I went crazy doing cardio and hitting legs twice a week, which aggravated the tendonitis I had in my knees last summer... I just never learn. Im completely off this week, not doing anything... cant remember the last time I took a week completely off, which is probably not good.

Im going to switch to a split like this. I have read so much info and been told so many times how important rest is, but I always stuck to training 5-6 days a week because I was so stuck in my ways. Now im having severe elbow pain, the Dr thinks its a nerve or tendonitis, he said rest it for 2 weeks and come back. Its not getting much better which concerns me...

Once I can come back I think (well im pretty sure) having an off day every other day will benefit me not only from a growth stand point, but from and injury one as well.

Of course when the Dr said to rest my upper body I went crazy doing cardio and hitting legs twice a week, which aggravated the tendonitis I had in my knees last summer... I just never learn. Im completely off this week, not doing anything... cant remember the last time I took a week completely off, which is probably not good.

my left elbow acts up sometimes..

i always wear elbow sleeves, but when my left one gets particularly uppity, il wear both sleeves on it.

problem solved.

ive basically had to find lifts that don't agitate my joints..

-no overhead pressing
-no overhead tricep extensions
-no knee extensions
-squats above parallel

and i just tweaked my right pec...not as bad as a tweaked my left one a while back, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

im honestly considering just doing DB floor press and push ups from now on.. id love to have a great big chest, but my tendons and ligaments do not appear to be strong enough to move the necessary weight, so im going to have to explore other avenues for growth.

there's no way in hell im going to risk throwing off my symmetry with a tear lol..

Really ..

its good to take a full week off every 3 months.. i have to or i get tendonitis as well

In my mid 20s now. Best shape, best gains, best schedule for me psychologically,lol.

I train 2 days on 1 day rest for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks rest 5 days.

I Never completely take off on a rest day, always do some type of physical activity.

On the 2 days of training I workout 2-3x a day.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws