YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Containing late night hunger? Need some advice...

Rajin_Cajun

Registered
So I'm trying to lean down for the summer. I'm not taking in any carbs within 6 hours of bedtime. I usually go to bed between 12:30am and 1am. Im 6'3", 278lbs and about 20% bf. My diet looks somewhat like this...

10am
1 cup egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal

Workout

2pm
10 oz chicken
1 cup veggies
60g carbs from sweet potato

5pm
10oz steak
1 cup veggies
30g carbs from sweet potato

8pm
10oz chicken or fish
2.5 cups veggies
Advocado for some good fats

12am
10oz steak or fish
2.5 cups veggies

Lately I've been waking up between 2-3am and being ravenously hungry! For instance I just woke up and without even thinking I was in the kitchen and downed two servings of Greek yogurt and then ate a huge bowl of Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal. I hadn't even realized what I ate until it was all said and done.

What can I change in my diet later in the evening to keep me fuller and not be waking up so hungry?

What kind of fish are you eating for your last meal? When I eat white fish it never fills me up and leaves me starving. I Only eat it postworkout, if I ate it before bed I would be rolling in hunger pains to

Thats not much food bud , you are a big fella and it takes a lot of calories to keep your metabolism up.

For the night time get some casine protein and have 50-60g of that and a tablespoon of peanut butter before bed , that should keep your body somthing to feed on that will last for hrs.

i have the same problem. i eat sweets at night. out of control sweets binges nightly. ice cream,cookies and m&m's. its fucking killing me!

You need several "good fats" serving throughout the day.
Plus as Gun advised, some at night with some protein.

Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Grounded PB or grounded Almond Butter.
Avacados are great as well.
1/4-1/2 cup plain almonds.
Almond Milk.

Fats also slow down carb absorbtion, which is good as well.

Any of these will help your craving and will not make you fat.

-MT

I started running ipamorelin pre-bed, its been my saving grace, it take a couple days but it helps with sleep and really decreases hunger. Like you just never feel hunger, when you do eat you can really put it away but its a nice bonus i get from it. Something to think about.

Walden farms calorie free chocolate / tablespoon of Natural PB and 1 Packet stevia - Save me at least 2x weekly

So I'm trying to lean down for the summer. I'm not taking in any carbs within 6 hours of bedtime. I usually go to bed between 12:30am and 1am. Im 6'3", 278lbs and about 20% bf. My diet looks somewhat like this...

10am
1 cup egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal

Workout

2pm
10 oz chicken
1 cup veggies
60g carbs from sweet potato

5pm
10oz steak
1 cup veggies
30g carbs from sweet potato

8pm
10oz chicken or fish
2.5 cups veggies
Advocado for some good fats

12am
10oz steak or fish
2.5 cups veggies

Lately I've been waking up between 2-3am and being ravenously hungry! For instance I just woke up and without even thinking I was in the kitchen and downed two servings of Greek yogurt and then ate a huge bowl of Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal. I hadn't even realized what I ate until it was all said and done.

What can I change in my diet later in the evening to keep me fuller and not be waking up so hungry?

I would use a variation of your first meal, for your last meal. 11oz eggwhites, 2 whole eggs, and 2-3 cups of greens. Seems to hold my appetite much better than fish.

Thanks for the replies. I know it's not a ton of food but I just don't have the appetite that used to. It's hard enough for me to put down this much food in a day. I used to be 355lbs and a total lard ass and would eat to no end. I was in a size 46" waist. I now have a 36" waist but have to wear 38's bc my thighs and ass are so big. Lol

I was planning on trying to add some more mass before the summer but I decided that I will not touch aas again until I'm sub 15% bf.

You could always work another meal in to your macros later in the evening. I eat cottage cheese sometimes late in the evening to help get me through

When bodyfat is 20+%, leptin signalling isn't optimal in most cases. Could explain the hunger.

Eat your carbs in your last meal, ideally post training. You'll be able to eat more carbs this way, go to bed satisfied, have better IGF-1 levels, restore leptin signalling and keep your metabolic rate higher.

If you can't train at night, then eat half of your carbs with post training meal and the other half split between pre workout meal and your last meal.

When bodyfat is 20+%, leptin signalling isn't optimal in most cases. Could explain the hunger.

Eat your carbs in your last meal, ideally post training. You'll be able to eat more carbs this way, go to bed satisfied, have better IGF-1 levels, restore leptin signalling and keep your metabolic rate higher.

If you can't train at night, then eat half of your carbs with post training meal and the other half split between pre workout meal and your last meal.

Like this idea , thanks for sharing

So should I take in carbs at any other point in the day? Or only post training?

It's the low blood sugar that is keeping you up and making you hungry. Forget about the no carbs pre bed, it based on faulty logic and is not backed by any science, unless your carbs are pizza and ice cream. Take out the carbs of your early day meals and eat these at the 8 PM meal. You can subsistute it for the fats in the 8PM meal and eat those earlier in the day. I would look at some casein protein for your final pre bed meal, maybe eat an small strip of fatty cheese with that, 25 grams or so. Your food intake is quit low so be sure to incorporate one or two cheat meals a week. Eat the 'bad' stuff you ate at night at your 8 pm meal. It will actually help you get leaner.

Right before going to bed eat some cinnamon roasted almonds along with 50-60g of slow digesting protein (truenutrition has a pre bed formula). That usually helps me out a lot.

Are you just leaning down for summer? When I weighed in at 270 lbs., I'd be eating 3,500 - 4,000 Cals on a cut. I think you just need more food, my friend - I don't know how you can manage on so little, at that weight.

No matter what I eat before bed, I seem to be hungry as I'm trying to fall asleep. It sucks. I'm also hungry when I wake up in the middle of the night. You're not alone.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws