over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

contest prep and bactrim

2BIGFRED

Registered
I had to go to the dermotoligist today because I have been getting really bad cases of folliculitis.There getting really bad and leaving small scars on my chest and stomach region.Well The Dr. gave me Bactrim DS to take twice per day and some wash to shower with.He said the bactrim was safe and wouldnt effect any other types of meds.My questions are im in contest prep right now and was wondering will this hurt me as fas as dieting.Im taking probiotics with the bactrim to help with good bacteria.Also will this effect my contest cycle any at all?He said the bactrim was really good for acne though.:)

I have seen a couple of people who blew up like a balloon from taking antibiotics so be careful.

I have seen a couple of people who blew up like a balloon from taking antibiotics so be careful.

What do you mean?
You mean make them hold water or something.That was one of the things I was worried about.

bactrim

I've been taking bactrim for about two years and haven't ever noticed any water retention...

What do you mean?
You mean make them hold water or something.That was one of the things I was worried about.

es, I have seen two of the people that I train hold a ton of water while on the drug. Obviously everyone is different and chances are you would have no problem but I figured since you asked I would let you know my experience in this. Good luck,

I've been taking bactrim for about two years and haven't ever noticed any water retention...

If you dont mind me asking bro why do you take it and at what dose?

Also thanks guys for the responses because you know how you get during a contest prep.Also Magnum thanks for the info maybe I will be off of it closer to the show.
I was afraid of water retention and it messing with my cycle.I didnt think it would cancel out the cycle or anything but again you know how stressed you get towards a show and you start thinking all kinds of things.

I just have it prescribed for acne. 400-80 mg tab one in the morning and one at night.

You're fine dude. I take it myself every 6 months or so. It's one of those shotgun antibiotics that kills everything in site. I actually feel better for months after I do 2 weeks of it. It's a sulfa drug so if you aren't reactive to sulfa drugs, you should be fine. It's been around forever, used for just about anything, but best for intestinal and bladder infections, that type of thing. I think a better one for you might be tetracyline for acne but bactrim will do.

I tried to take minocyline once and holy crap!!! It's nice taking it once a day and all but I got dizzy, nauseous, blurred vision, I thought the sun was frying right through my skin... then I read about possible side effects... back to bactrim LOL

You're fine dude. I take it myself every 6 months or so. It's one of those shotgun antibiotics that kills everything in site. I actually feel better for months after I do 2 weeks of it. It's a sulfa drug so if you aren't reactive to sulfa drugs, you should be fine. It's been around forever, used for just about anything, but best for intestinal and bladder infections, that type of thing. I think a better one for you might be tetracyline for acne but bactrim will do.

I tried to take minocyline once and holy crap!!! It's nice taking it once a day and all but I got dizzy, nauseous, blurred vision, I thought the sun was frying right through my skin... then I read about possible side effects... back to bactrim LOL

I asked him about taking something different but he said bactrim would be best for this.Thats what scared me about it effecting my gear is it kills so many things.

I asked him about taking something different but he said bactrim would be best for this.Thats what scared me about it effecting my gear is it kills so many things.
nah, your fine... if you didn't get violently ill right after the very first time you ever took it, don't worry about it. It's not going to kill yer gear... LOL

nah, your fine... if you didn't get violently ill right after the very first time you ever took it, don't worry about it. It's not going to kill yer gear... LOL

Haha no it doesnt make me sick at all.I just started getting really paranoid because im getting ready for the state show and I was so afraid my whole contest cycle was going to be wasted.The stress of a diet and the things that go through your head.All I could think is I know this stuff is going to cancel out all my gear im taking and mess up my diet. :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear