over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Prep and Relationships

I can vividly remember being 2-3 weeks out from Jr USA and my ex-wife sitting on the couch while I was eating dry ass chicken and broccoli, and she's stuffing her face with fucking raviolis and telling me 'Ill be so glad when your diet is over!'
Yeah, I wanted to choke her ass.
Imagine that, SHE's tired of the diet.
Well-shes an ex for a reason.:D

Yep, Ive heard the same thing. They just want a buddy to pig out with. Even if I'm not in a contest prep, when in any setting I try to eat clean, and all the friends around make fun of me and have smart ass things to say about my "healthy eating". It usually shuts them up if I say "well at least I dont have to wear a damn shirt at the beach"

My wife still competes, I don't but I go through prep with her. I know what it's like to diet and have tempting food in the house, so I just eat like I'm doing the show too. I hold my carbs slightly higher and don't water cycle, but it keeps us on the same page. The last couple weeks, nothing's going to make her happy so I just wear a helmet and weather he storm.

Why the attitude around here, if your going through prep and your significant other doesn`t wanna deal with you, your cranky selfish ass.... SHE is the problem and should be put to the curb? If you had a drinking problem that made you an ass to be around and caused problems in your relationship, you would be told to quit and go to meetings. When it is prep, for your selfish desires to compete, you are 100% right??? To the OP didnt you just compete very recently? Why do another comp a month later? You didn`t gain any size, your gonna go in basically the same, are you hoping for a weaker field to place higher? Maybe, if she is perfect (as close as possible for a woman) in all other ways, compromise, do only 1, 2, or maybe 3 comps per year. Could that make everybody happy? You show flexibility, willingness to give up a little bit of what you love for her... that goes miles in a woman`s mind, AND you would still be competing!

If your competing and prepping you shouldn't give a shit who's eating what in front of you. A true champion has one goal in mind and that is to win and nothing is going to negatively impact your prep cause your so focused on your goal. If it does effect you .. you will lose

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Why the attitude around here, if your going through prep and your significant other doesn`t wanna deal with you, your cranky selfish ass.... SHE is the problem and should be put to the curb? If you had a drinking problem that made you an ass to be around and caused problems in your relationship, you would be told to quit and go to meetings. When it is prep, for your selfish desires to compete, you are 100% right??? To the OP didnt you just compete very recently? Why do another comp a month later? You didn`t gain any size, your gonna go in basically the same, are you hoping for a weaker field to place higher? Maybe, if she is perfect (as close as possible for a woman) in all other ways, compromise, do only 1, 2, or maybe 3 comps per year. Could that make everybody happy? You show flexibility, willingness to give up a little bit of what you love for her... that goes miles in a woman`s mind, AND you would still be competing!

Hogan, are you female or male?:D:)

you'll know she's fuckin with you when she starts watching cooking shows when you're in the room.

This is proving to be a HUGE issue for me right now... I have been dieting and prepping for the past almost 4 months...
seems like my relationship got REALLY bad recently.... The few days my GF and I pigged out after my contest saturday we were fat happy cows....

and now im in prep and seems like it's going to shit again...

how many of you struggle with this and how do you make it work?

as you all know prep is serious sacrafice... forget about going out or most social events, food festivals etc...
So we don't have much fun... It's gym 2x per day and really low carbs...

HELP!!

Good luck man it is the toughest anything any couple will ever face IMO...

My chick is awesome.....and also my posing coach. She doesn't let me cheat!!!!lol It def helps having someone who is supportive when you feel like shit for the last ten weeks. :)

Last august my girl was driving me crazy 10 days out. I told her nit to speak or contact me the rest of prep. I told get I would see her at the show. She never came. But if I stayed with her I never would of hit the stage

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131