over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Prep Q's/Help

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
So I just added clen/t3 at 5 weeks out (this being last week, 4 weeks out now) and I swear to Odin I've read somewhere that the receptor degradation/saturation is much slower than the old time knowledge that we all used to use. But I can't find it now for the life of me.

If I'm only running it for 4-5 weeks (thought it would prolly drop somewhere in the final week), do I need ketotifen and/or cycling at all with the clen?

In the 1st week it definitely spurred new progress, I was stuck in the 217ish range for a couple weeks and have been as low as 211.7 since. I tried getting "help" for this last little bit, but one "coach" said I was too fat and then another friend wanted to change the entirety of everything on me. I know how to diet very well, just this last few weeks I always fuck up.

I find it to drop off at closer to the 2 week mark, and I’ve seen info stating this as well. I cycle every 2 weeks between Clen and ephedrine/caffeine

DO NOT CYCLE CLEN! get on and stay on, the fat burning effects do not downregulate, it actually works better over time (fat burning wise)

So I just added clen/t3 at 5 weeks out (this being last week, 4 weeks out now) and I swear to Odin I've read somewhere that the receptor degradation/saturation is much slower than the old time knowledge that we all used to use. But I can't find it now for the life of me.

If I'm only running it for 4-5 weeks (thought it would prolly drop somewhere in the final week), do I need ketotifen and/or cycling at all with the clen?

In the 1st week it definitely spurred new progress, I was stuck in the 217ish range for a couple weeks and have been as low as 211.7 since. I tried getting "help" for this last little bit, but one "coach" said I was too fat and then another friend wanted to change the entirety of everything on me. I know how to diet very well, just this last few weeks I always fuck up.
story of my life

I thought as much. At the very least on this short of a timeframe.

Another question, dropping protein powder? completely? When? I don't feel like that's necessary if we're worried about it messing with your look until a week out, but my friend wanted it to have been gone weeks ago I think.
I'm also still doing 5 iu's of Fiasp on carb days pwo, so if I keep doing that I can't do NO shake. This is the first time I've had any kind of access to insulin at all so I'm not really sure when to give that up or if to give it up.

I thought as much. At the very least on this short of a timeframe.

Another question, dropping protein powder? completely? When? I don't feel like that's necessary if we're worried about it messing with your look until a week out, but my friend wanted it to have been gone weeks ago I think.
I'm also still doing 5 iu's of Fiasp on carb days pwo, so if I keep doing that I can't do NO shake. This is the first time I've had any kind of access to insulin at all so I'm not really sure when to give that up or if to give it up.
If you are lean and dry with these things in your diet then keep them in. If you want to get truly dry then get skinless peeled!

DO NOT CYCLE CLEN! get on and stay on, the fat burning effects do not downregulate, it actually works better over time (fat burning wise)
Are you referring to what happens to B3 unlike B2 possibly?

Are you referring to what happens to B3 unlike B2 possibly?
Downregulation of b2 receptor density but increased blood flow to brown and white adipose tissue

This is why I so frigging love love this place.... Do you happen to have on hand something where I can read more about this phenomenon? Thanks!

This is why I so frigging love love this place.... Do you happen to have on hand something where I can read more about this phenomenon? Thanks!
Already found something.....

Abstract​

Rats injected with the beta2-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol (2 mg kg-1 per day) for 18 days gained significantly more weight than controls. Tissue blood flow assessed 24 h after the last injection from the distribution of radiolabelled microspheres was increased in white (5 fold) and brown (3 fold) adipose tissue of clenbuterol-treated rats but was unaffected in kidney, brain and diaphragm, and was reduced by about 80% in skeletal muscle. Acute injection of clenbuterol one hour before measuring blood flow, increased blood flow to brown fat (20 fold) in both treated and control groups. Blood flow to skeletal muscle increased more in the rats treated chronically with clenbuterol (6 fold increase) than in control rats (2 fold increase), but absolute flow rates were still significantly lower in the rats treated chronically with clenbuterol. Skeletal muscle beta-adrenoceptor density and subtype were assessed from ligand binding and displacement studies using [3H]-dihydroalprenolol. Rats treated with clenbuterol for 18 days showed a 50% reduction in beta-receptor density, but the ratio of beta 1/beta 2-receptors was unaffected (15% beta 1/85% beta 2). The results indicate that, although clenbuterol produces acute increases in muscle blood flow, chronic treatment results in lower flow rates immediately (1 h) and 24 h after the previous injection. The attenuated response following chronic treatment is associated with a marked reduction in skeletal muscle beta-adrenoceptor density. The data suggest that any anabolic effects of clenbuterol on muscle which may require, or may be mediated by increases in blood supply, cannot be sustained by chronic treatment. Conversely, blood flow to white and brown adipose tissue would appear to be potentiated by chronic treatment, possibly reflecting increases in lipolytic and/or thermogenic activity.

Where can I find contest prep info and help now? I haven't competed since 2013 and I'm trying to put together the last two weeks here and all the resources I can find are so old they were around during my last contest. Is there a forum I'm not aware of? PM me if need be.

Note: The above is not meant to diminish the knowledge here, I just don't feel right continuing to make people answer Q's when I feel like it has to be published SOMEWHERE.

Here's a good question. I have PLENTY of fast insulin. I tolerate 5iu's of it very well with my normal carb meals. Would it be a good idea to use this to carb up or not? Just one of the many things I'm not finding much info on.

I also need to make weight (checkins friday evening) and so need to be pretty much lightest at that point. I've never done that before and so I'm unsure how to change my normal carb-up and water cut setup.

If you looked good last time you prepped just run the same protocol
You can get A LOT of different carb up answers just by googling

Here's a good question. I have PLENTY of fast insulin. I tolerate 5iu's of it very well with my normal carb meals. Would it be a good idea to use this to carb up or not? Just one of the many things I'm not finding much info on.

I also need to make weight (checkins friday evening) and so need to be pretty much lightest at that point. I've never done that before and so I'm unsure how to change my normal carb-up and water cut setup.

Thread 'Stop ruining your entire contest prep!'
https://www.professionalmuscle.com/.../stop-ruining-your-entire-contest-prep.86439/

Give this thread by the late great Matt Porter a read, totally worth it, stacked with valuable info and helped me to nail the peak for sure!

Thread 'Stop ruining your entire contest prep!'
https://www.professionalmuscle.com/.../stop-ruining-your-entire-contest-prep.86439/

Give this thread by the late great Matt Porter a read, totally worth it, stacked with valuable info and helped me to nail the peak for sure!
AMEN. Read that thread.

Ruhl, i get it. You are getting down to the wire and are nervous that you're going to do something wrong, but you're good dude.
If you ran a good protocol the last couple weeks LAST TIME YOU COMPETED, try it again.
Honestly, the key at the end is to just NOT make drastic changes. I'm sure you look good. So just keep the foot on the gas and don't make drastic switches. And definitely read that contest prep thread above.

In the 1st week it definitely spurred new progress, I was stuck in the 217ish range for a couple weeks and have been as low as 211.7 since. I tried getting "help" for this last little bit, but one "coach" said I was too fat and then another friend wanted to change the entirety of everything on me. I know how to diet very well, just this last few weeks I always fuck u

Just post a photo to see how you look, it will be easier to help you.

I've competed 3 times and been last every time. So i wouldn't say I've ever nailed anything about the last week. I REALLY don't want to be last again. I almost decided not to do this despite dieting my ass off for 20 some odd weeks because a couple people said I was still behind. The fact of the matter, I think, is that I'm basically a fucking swimming pool when it comes to water. So things that make that even worse I need to really avoid.
I also look like absolute shit in pictures, any pictures, anytime. They never look like reality. Videos are better though.

Reading the thread referenced above. But I'm in kitchen sink mode. I really will throw anything at this here.
I read somewhere yesterday that the clen/T3 keep you from being able to carb up because of insulin resistance. Is there truth to this? Can I just keep them in and counteract it by using insulin to carb up?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear