over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest prep question

machomadness22

Registered
Does anyone here eye their protein amount? Just curious. I used to always weigh out my food but 6 oz always looks like 6 ounces to me and if its over or under 6 oz does it really hurt you all that bad? I'm 16 weeks out right now. Not trying to be lazy just seeing if anyone else eyes their prep food instead of weighing it.

maybe a few times in the offseason but i think anyone serious about competition here measures everything

I measure everything because if I didn't I would eat 1 lb of chicken and 4 cups of rice in a single meal and still be hungry. Also, I just get the measurements within 5 grams of the intended weight. So if I am supposed to eat 200g I will just get the scale to 195-205g and not give a shit.

if you dont know what you are precisely doing, how do you know what to change and how much?

I measure everything because if I didn't I would eat 1 lb of chicken and 4 cups of rice in a single meal and still be hungry. Also, I just get the measurements within 5 grams of the intended weight. So if I am supposed to eat 200g I will just get the scale to 195-205g and not give a shit.

Yeah that's how I kinda feel if I go over or under an ounce or two on chicken is it really that big of a deal I would always measure my carbs and fats but was seeing if anyone here eyes their meats. This is my second prep doing it myself again but I have dieted for years and I feel like I have a good understanding of what 6 oz of lean meat looks.

I been doing this a long ass time. When I buy the pack of chic it tells us what the weight is. So, I just eye ball approx. I dont see the need to lay a raw breast on a scale to make sure it is 6 or 8 oz. I think ball park is ok. Because you are eating protein day after day after day. You will have a higher day and lower day here and there. IMO it all balances out. Yet, I measure my oats and grains. Never worried about fats ever. Then I just go week to week and see how I am progressing in my weight loss goals. If I'm stuck at a weight I add some cardio. When I reach that weekly goal. I let myself level off.

I just try to reach my goal weight and look by 4 weeks out. From there it is time to really get that peeled look. Then I get real tuned into the final 30 days.

best of luck,
KD

Yeah that's how I kinda feel if I go over or under an ounce or two on chicken is it really that big of a deal I would always measure my carbs and fats but was seeing if anyone here eyes their meats. This is my second prep doing it myself again but I have dieted for years and I feel like I have a good understanding of what 6 oz of lean meat looks.

An ounce or two is a hell of a lot more than 5 grams...

maybe a few times in the offseason but i think anyone serious about competition here measures everything

Yes sir I agree. I measure everything to the gram when I am preparing for a show.

Before I started weighing things daily I would just eyeball...measured it a few times and assumed I would recognize how much it was every meal.

Honestly when my physique turned the biggest corner was when I started weighing/measuring every meal...even offseason. That might be extreme to some but it gives me complete control and doesn't take much time at all. Best thing I have ever done when it comes to bodybuilding

Of course when I decide to have a cheat meal or I am on vacation I don't weigh stuff but every normal meal every single day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity