over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

contest prep trouble

PUMPED

Registered
Ok guys I have been thinking about my contest prep and have a few thought I would like to get your feeling on.

I am starting to drop weight to fast (1-2lbs ED to EOD) with 2.5 weeks to go this isnt good. I am starting to not get pumps in the gym and the weight is getting heaver. so I am thinking I am starting to tap into muscle.

well me and skip have decided to up my protien from 350g to 400g ED and drop my afternoon cardio and just stick to 30min AM I was adding 30-40 post workout. I think this will do the job

But I got to thinking I was talking to linda murry this past weekend and she said to stop doing the precore maching (I dont know if you know what I am talking about) and just stick to the bike or walking. because the precore works you to hard and you start tapping into muscle as energy. This makes sence to me seeing that I was doing 45 AM and 30 PM on the damn thing.

what do you all think? make sence to you?

I take it you mean an 'elliptical' machine?

Your plans sounds good. Remember, you have a calorie setpoint that you can't exceed based on your activity . It sounds like the activity that you were doing exceeded your calorie intake too much.

xcel

Yep

I ran into same problem last time i diet down and lost 18lbs of muscle in last 2-3 weeks, because i didn't listen to my body. Upping protien is good start, cutting WAY back on cardio is very very good idea. At this point you should be basicly ready anyhow. I know skip goes very low carb on diet...personally i think at this point if your ready or very close a few more clean carbs will not hurt. But listen to ONE person, and following what they say. Also if your on any t3, cut WAY back on it as well or even taper down to nothing or very close to it. Also if your lean and have used slin before on higher carbs days some slin may help keep you full and hard. I find when i get too depleted and start taping into muscle, you start to get weak, no pumps etc...

Makes sense to me -- too much cardio and you'll burn muscle too, not just fat. I like dropping the cardio down, and upping the protein. And yeah, I gauge my dieting by how much weight I can push, so when it comes down I start to worry a bit.

I like the revised plan - give it a go and write down/document your progress so you'll be able to see what is or is not, working.

good luck,

DrG

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear