over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Results - Live and Learn!

good job

exell wel do this sport cause the 99% of the population cant!!!!

its not about a tropy its about what we get inside man!

Congrats excel! I've always felt that the response I get from the crowd is worth WAY more than whatever placing I end up with. And since you have no control over what other competitors show up or their condition, the goal is to be the best you can be, because that is the only thing you can control!

Way to go Xcel! You're one of a very small group (50+ BB's) and that alone should make you proud! Keep up the good work brotha!

DrG

Fantastic job of self evaluation. Thats what make BB a science!
Trial and error, experimentation and fine tuning. You are on your way to the top of your class. Thanks for the honest post and keep up the hard work. With all the good bros here to help you, you cant lose.

GREAT JOB excel! I wish I could have made it down there for you, next time for sure bud!

BTW, You are not over 50 :D

Good Job Dude! Live and learn thats all you can do! And by the way your post didn't seem winy or escuse filled but just your take on the contest! Which is a real good thing that most people cannot honestly give! I know its not first but you still did damn well that anyone would be pround of! Plus it takes some serious balls just to step on stage!!

Congrats bro, you worked real hard over the last few months. I hope you enjoyed your meal after the show!

excel

Like stated before, you did the best you've ever done with what you had at this time. You just have to keep improving your weak areas every year, and come in hard.
You can never be too hard for a show.
Great job buddy!

Way to go Exel....just hanging in there thru the dieting & workouts is enough of a trophy when your masters class.You got me all fired up for next season...guess I'm gonna have to give it one more try..there was 13 in my last show in the masters class over 40, one guy was using it as a warm up for the nationals, talk about take the wind out my sails...thats the way it goes in this crazy sport,best wishes!

w8's said:
Congrats bro, you worked real hard over the last few months. I hope you enjoyed your meal after the show!
Kinda funny about how I was looking forward to the pizza with everything on it at the post show party, which was being held at a very good pizza/italian food restaurant.

But - it ended up like I just want to go home. I know everyone that beat me worked just a little harder/smarter than I did and I congratulated all of them on their efforts. It would seem like going to the post show party would just be more of the same and I didn't need that!

Wylde had me get a bottle of Pedialyte to take when I got done with the evening show. Since I've never used diuretics before, I was REALLY concerned with potential "rebound" problems and Wylde said the pedialyte would help restore natural electrolyte levels.

On the way home I stopped at a grocery store and bought another bottle of Pedialyte and some "sugar-free" Lemon Cake (looks just like pound cake) - then drank and ate that on my 45-min drive home. On Sunday I jumped right back onto my diet except for dinner we stopped at a "local-type" Mexican Restaurant. I had a chicken burrito and taco, which they put a TON of chicken (it was probably 7oz. total chicken between the two). I also dug into my natural peanut butter and unsweetened applesauce. Of course, I've been constantly drinking water.

Today, I'm up 10 pounds already and actually look fuller and harder!!!

xcel

first off congrats on having the bals to do the show to begin with... you are already ahead of most of us by that fact alone. also you said your conditioning was the best you ever had so next time around take that same route when it's time to cut again.... for now eat!!!! you deserve it. :)

Hmmm

xcelbeyond said:

Today, I'm up 10 pounds already and actually look fuller and harder!!!

xcel

Xcel,

I hear you on the pizza. After all the shit you put yourself through, I know a pizza is NOT what my GI is asking for after a show. I'd be sick as hell. After the show, believe it or not, I'm more motivated that ever. My first meal is high in protein, carbs and low in fat. I use the extreme anabolic state to my best advantage during the week after - GROW, GROW, GROW!!!

As far as looking fuller and harder the day(s) after - I have NO doubt. Happens to most BB'ers all the time!!! I did 2 shows in a row a couple years ago. The first I dieted in strictly, did my planned, controlled carb-up. The next show was just for fun - I wanted the free gym bag that competitors supposedly got (didn't happen, anyway). I ate like there was no tomorrow from Sun. to Wed. Dropped water on Thurs and Friday and came in nearly 10lb heavier and just a lean.

I'm VERY much considering taking this approach for my next show (6.5 weeks away). I know that if I get lean enough 1 week out and stop carbing in time to use my approach to losing water, I'll look great. Problem is having enought time to practice it. I've got a week planned for this very experiment (I know my old strategy will keep me dry), but if I need that week to diet, I won't get the chance. We shall see.

-Randy

OK I'll chime in

Ok I'll give the obligatory congrats to the old man but I don't want to hear the poor me I tried baloney from you. The only problem you have is you placed lower than your expectations because of a few mistakes in training and supplementation. I kind of have no right to say that to you as I offered my help but then had to take back my offer due to personal reasons and time restraints for work. If you guys don't know my little girl had a tumor on her spine removed which kind of made it rough in real life much less board life, I had a huge infection removed from a delt, and started a new job all this occurred at the same time.

I wish I could have written out in detail what my theory for you was X but was not possible.

Keep this in mind.

Your carbs were to high, your over 40 and getting rid of the bad fat is 3 times as hard as a guy that is your age, also every single one of those guys in your class I'd just about bet were using low dose of GH 2 to 6 iu's a day. I'll bet you can even get a script from a doc for an amount that low without much hassle as to why you need it. You probably need to stay away from anything like Anadrol, dbol and definitely no insulin. You should stick with kinder muscle builders like winny and primo and low dose of tests for your next show which while your in the mode should be sooner rather than later since your already lean.

AS soon as time permits and I can get off my own fatass I'll start sending you some of that info I promised 4 months ago til then oldster you know your what we all aspire to be.
:D

I had to add this but maybe I should read the whole thread before I post.
I see the 6.5 wks away show so it's to late for my zero carb principle to work for you X but I'll get it to you.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner