over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contests are BULLSHIT: *Proportion vs. Condition vs. Size!!*

Once again...everyone is taking a bite when Ross throws out the bait. When will you lot learn? lol

I'm in agreement with Phil on this 1. This sport is called bodybuilding. Because of this name, I'd expect size to get the nod ahead of everything else, but obviously you want to be able to clearly see that size...not have it covered by a layer of fat. Plus, if the body is out of proportion, then it certainly shouldn't be rewarded.

Last edited:
Once again...everyone is taking a bite when Ross throws out the bait. When will you lot learn? lol

I'm in agreement with Phil on this 1. This sport is called bodybuilding. Because of this name, I'd expect size to get the nod ahead of everything else, but obviously you want to be able to clearly see that size...not have it covered by a layer of fat. Plus, if the body is out of proportion, then it certainly shouldn't be rewarded.

Take a "bite"? This thread was meant to provoke intelligent discussion about the ART and SPORT of bodybuilding. This has nothing to do with ME, as usual, you are making it so..

Take a "bite"? This thread was meant to provoke intelligent discussion about the ART and SPORT of bodybuilding. This has nothing to do with ME, as usual, you are making it so..

I wasn't referring to the thread. I know what that is for which is why I left my response to the topic. I was referring to your later comments that provoke all the stabs at you.

Now back on topic...

If you truely had done this, you wouldn't feel the need to tell people.

x2

When you have grown emotionally etc as a man you don't need to constantly tell people how awesome you are... you are just awesome and people see that like Q and me ;) :D

Some of us know what are physical shortcomings are the day we step foot on stage and long before that. There are those with a future in the competitive arena, people who show promise and can go far in the sport, maybe go pro or even further, they are what 1% of the total competitors?
The rest of us truly are there to prove something to ourselves more than bitch and complain about getting screwed or worrying about what the current trend is in judging at the time.
I am proud of my physique and what I have accomplished and hope to compete several more times, will I be a pro, NO. But will I constantly try to improve and bring MY best total package to the stage HELL YES! Am I a blocky non aesthetic bodybuilder YES.

I have won, and I have lost but I would never put that on the judges by saying it was because I wasnt aesthetic enough, I would say it was because I needed to be better, thats what keeps the desire stoked, the constant battle to see if you can improve and move up with what you strengths are, not complaining about the current trend.
If you cant handle that as a competitor then I suggest you move the fuck on.

x2

When you have grown emotionally etc as a man you don't need to constantly tell people how awesome you are... you are just awesome and people see that like Q and me ;) :D

I don't tell people how awesome I am, I just post lots of pics to show them:devil:smi

Can we all just stop using the word conditioning? It had a very specific meaning before bodybuilders began to use it as a term to describe the leanness of a person.

Conditioning is an overall ability to handle an intense amount of work done with little rest, i.e athletic conditioning. Box jumps, squat-pushpress, 2 50 yard sprints and then a set of mountain climbers. Do this all within a few minutes and you can call yourself conditioned. Until then just say you are ripped or shredded.

This use of the word only attempts to add something more to an otherwise superficial visual aesthetic. I can use all the drugs necessary, cut my calories and do low intensity treadmill work for a few months and look lean as fuck. But that does not, under any circumstance, make me conditioned.

For the record I'm not against being ripped. I think it's an amazingly beautiful thing to see someone who is so lean they look like they worked out while sitting on the couch. I'm in awe of the dedication and discipline to get to that level of bodyfat. But I will not call that conditioning, any more than I would say someone who is very muscular has a high level of endurance.

This is a thread for Ross to post all the reasons he won't compete in an attempt to justify his lack of ability to get in contest shape.

Ross, someone who is a true bodybuilder realizes the truth about the sport; which is that it's one hundred percent a sport about the individual. A bodybuilder competes against himself in a constant battle to improve, it shouldn't matter what others think. if u fight the good fight and do things the way we all just witnessed with Shelby and John, u will get the recognition you deserve.

Stop talking, start doing. Post some full body pics to back up all the ideological threads and posts and talk of being PROPORTIONATE, FULL, AND CONDITIONED:lightbulb:

Ross, someone who is a true bodybuilder realizes the truth about the sport; which is that it's one hundred percent a sport about the individual. A bodybuilder competes against himself in a constant battle to improve, it shouldn't matter what others think. if u fight the good fight and do things the way we all just witnessed with Shelby and John, u will get the recognition you deserve.

Stop talking, start doing. Post some full body pics to back up all the ideological threads and posts and talk of being PROPORTIONATE, FULL, AND CONDITIONED:lightbulb:

Well said brother.

at the end of the day, you just gotta do YOU!

In the ifbb? Gay for pay obviously.

Some of us know what are physical shortcomings are the day we step foot on stage and long before that. There are those with a future in the competitive arena, people who show promise and can go far in the sport, maybe go pro or even further, they are what 1% of the total competitors?
The rest of us truly are there to prove something to ourselves more than bitch and complain about getting screwed or worrying about what the current trend is in judging at the time.
I am proud of my physique and what I have accomplished and hope to compete several more times, will I be a pro, NO. But will I constantly try to improve and bring MY best total package to the stage HELL YES! Am I a blocky non aesthetic bodybuilder YES.

I have won, and I have lost but I would never put that on the judges by saying it was because I wasnt aesthetic enough, I would say it was because I needed to be better, thats what keeps the desire stoked, the constant battle to see if you can improve and move up with what you strengths are, not complaining about the current trend.
If you cant handle that as a competitor then I suggest you move the fuck on.

:yeahthat:

Every discipline has it's own terms (slang sort of speak). In construction, a stud is a milled piece of wood with a call out size of 2" x 4" that's cut at 92-1/4"

In bodybuilding we use discipline terms like sliced, shredded, spill, carb-load and of course. ...conditioning. If you're in the click you don't go by the dictionary definition or you won't know what we mean when we say them.

Can we all just stop using the word conditioning? It had a very specific meaning before bodybuilders began to use it as a term to describe the leanness of a person.

Conditioning is an overall ability to handle an intense amount of work done with little rest, i.e athletic conditioning. Box jumps, squat-pushpress, 2 50 yard sprints and then a set of mountain climbers. Do this all within a few minutes and you can call yourself conditioned. Until then just say you are ripped or shredded.

This use of the word only attempts to add something more to an otherwise superficial visual aesthetic. I can use all the drugs necessary, cut my calories and do low intensity treadmill work for a few months and look lean as fuck. But that does not, under any circumstance, make me conditioned.

For the record I'm not against being ripped. I think it's an amazingly beautiful thing to see someone who is so lean they look like they worked out while sitting on the couch. I'm in awe of the dedication and discipline to get to that level of bodyfat. But I will not call that conditioning, any more than I would say someone who is very muscular has a high level of endurance.

Phil has it right 100 percent.. It is bodybuilding.. Size and shape are what's foremost.. Followed by conditioning.. It has turns into a dieting contest.. Silly.. Now if you are able to come in Grainy and full of muscle that's just a hell of a plus..

You have to play your strengths.. If you have great structure, and full round muscle bellies then you can afford to get in to good shape without having to get ripped to shreds (although ripped to shreds would probably be better).

If you don't have the best structure, or the best muscle insertions you must do what needs to be done to optimize your chances of winning. If that means being a little flat and ridiculously ripped, then so be it.

Everything listed is important in competetive bodybuiliding bro. Idk if you can point fingers at one particular thing being more important than the other here.

You can be ANOREXIC and still have striations...

You can be ANOREXIC and still have striations...

So then how are you Proportionate + Conditioned + "massively sized" , yet you are unsure about competing, and you have YET TO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR LEGS? WHERE? PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR "PROPORTIONISM" :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity