over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Controlling Blood sugar while taking HGH

Didn't seem to blunt their IGF-1.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14983408

Effects of a combination of recombinant human growth hormone with metformin on glucose metabolism and body composition in patients with metabolic syndrome.

Abdominal obesity and insulin resistance are central findings in metabolic syndrome. Since treatment with recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) can reduce body fat mass in patients with organic GH deficiency, rhGH therapy may also have favourable effects on patients with metabolic syndrome. However, due to the highly increased risk for type 2 diabetes in these patients, strategies are needed to reduce the antagonistic effect of rhGH against insulin. We conducted a 18-month randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the effect of rhGH in combination with metformin (Met) in patients with metabolic syndrome. 25 obese men (55 +/- 6 years, BMI 33.4 +/- 2.9 kg/m (2)) with mildly elevated fasting plasma glucose (FPG) levels at screening (6.1-8.0 mmol/l) were included. All patients received metformin (850 mg twice daily) either alone or in combination with rhGH (daily dose 9.5 microg/kg body weight). An oGTT was performed at baseline, after 6 weeks, and after 3, 6, 12, and 18 months of therapy. Glucose disposal rate (GDR) was measured by euglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp at 0 and 18 months and body composition was measured by DEXA every 6 months. In the Met + GH group, IGF-I increased from 146 +/- 56 microg/l to 373 +/- 111 microg/l (mean +/- SD) after 3 months and remained stable after that. BMI did not change significantly in either group during the study. Total body fat decreased by -4.3 +/- 5.4 kg in the Met + GH group and by -2.7 +/- 2.9 kg in the Met + Placebo group (differences between the two groups: p = n. s.). Waist circumference decreased in both groups (Met + GH: 118 +/- 8 cm at baseline, 112 +/- 10 cm after 18 months; Met + Placebo: 114 +/- 7 cm vs. 109 +/- 8 cm; differences between the two groups: p = 0.096). In the Met + GH group, FPG increased significantly after 6 months (5.9 +/- 0.7 vs. 6.7 +/- 0.4 mmol/l; p = 0.005), but subsequently decreased to baseline levels (18 months: 5.8 +/- 0.2 mmol/l). FPG remained stable in the Met + Placebo group until 12 months had elapsed, and then slightly decreased (baseline: 6.2 +/- 0.3, 18 months: 5.5 +/- 0.6 mmol/l, p = 0.02). No significant changes were seen in either group regarding glucose and insulin AUC during oGTT or HbA (1c) levels. GDR at 18 months increased by 20 +/- 39% in Met + GH-group and decreased by -11 +/- 25% in the Met + Placebo group (differences between the two groups: p = 0.07). In conclusion, treatment of patients with metabolic syndrome and elevated FPG levels did not cause sustained negative effects on glucose metabolism or insulin sensitivity if given in combination with metformin. However, since our data did not show significant differences between the two treatment groups with respect to body composition or lipid metabolism, future studies including larger numbers of patients will have to clarify whether the positive effects of rhGH on cardiovascular risk factors that have been shown in patients with GH deficiency are also present in patients with metabolic syndrome, and are additive to the effects of metformin.
Though we don't know how high their IGF1 would have been if they had been given HGH only. But the study does show that Metformin won't completely blunt the effects of HGH on IGF1, which is good to know.
And even if taking Metformin means an IGF1 level of 300 instead of 400, its other positive effects in guys with high IR would likely outweigh that drawback. So keep an eye on your blood glucose levels, and only if they creep too high go for Metformin.

118 on 4iu's daily...wow mine was 92 on 4iu"s for 24 months....and that was measured on the tail end of 24 months of greytops

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Exogenous insulin will never help with your insulin sensivity.
in THIS case it will maybe help not making it worse but it won't restore anything.

One on my training partners is currently taking 4iu HGH pre workout and has been for a few months. He told me yesterday that his fasted morning BG level was 118.
I suggested he start taking metformin as all of his meals contain 50-60c carbs but he has read about how the metformin decreases or stops the production of IGF-1 and doesn't want to take anything that might slow his muscle growth.

Someone else mentioned that he should just take 6-8 IU humbling-R every 4 hrs

So I'm asking is the IGF-1 " blunting" effect from the metformin a legitimate concern even though he is taking HGH.???
Would smal doses of insulin help at all

trevor covers this same scenario on one of the EA you tube videos.

118 on 4iu's daily...wow mine was 92 on 4iu"s for 24 months....and that was measured on the tail end of 24 months of greytops

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not sure if it matters but he is taking Serostim

One on my training partners is currently taking 4iu HGH pre workout and has been for a few months. He told me yesterday that his fasted morning BG level was 118.
I suggested he start taking metformin as all of his meals contain 50-60c carbs but he has read about how the metformin decreases or stops the production of IGF-1 and doesn't want to take anything that might slow his muscle growth.

So I'm asking is the IGF-1 " blunting" effect from the metformin a legitimate concern even though he is taking HGH.???

My natural IGF was tested at 292 when I was 31 years old recently and I use 1000-1500mg metformin per day. The effect of metformin on IGF is very miniscule (for me at least).

The metformin scare causing lower IGF is over blown.

Keep carbs to around training. Utilize GDAs.

Or go another route some users mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just saw this and today a few hrs ago i posted the same thing lol.
my bood suger in the morning was 140 to 150 and during the day it was in the mid 200's

so if i take igf1 lr3 that would help? i had to come off because of this and now it's back down. i never test my blood suger before so not sure if i ever had this problem before.
does anyone know how much igf1 lr3 to use?

My natural IGF was tested at 292 when I was 31 years old recently and I use 1000-1500mg metformin per day. The effect of metformin on IGF is very miniscule (for me at least).

Damn! That's really good.

I wonder what your IGF was like when you were using 5-10 ius of GH in the past.

No wonder your hands got bigger :)

Damn! That's really good.

I wonder what your IGF was like when you were using 5-10 ius of GH in the past.

No wonder your hands got bigger :)

Yea what I’m wondering is whether the HGH raises my IGF higher of top of what it already is or if it just replaces it. That’s the big question for me as I haven’t had my IGF tested on HGH.

In my opinion, using insulin to bring down your blood sugar isn't SOLVING the problem, it's just putting a bandaid on it.

A short DNP run can help solve it.
Metformin or Berberine can help solve it.
MT2 or LR3 can help solve it.
Going keto for a couple weeks can help solve it.

All of those options will actuallllly bring your fasted blood glucose down. Slin will just mask it temporarily...no point.
I know this an old thread but im actually starting HGH and wanted to see how to combat insulin sensitivity. Whats the best way and how much to take metformin? Is 500 enough for lets say 4iu oh GH per day? Can nightime only be ok for the metformin?

I know this an old thread but im actually starting HGH and wanted to see how to combat insulin sensitivity. Whats the best way and how much to take metformin? Is 500 enough for lets say 4iu oh GH per day? Can nightime only be ok for the metformin?
at 4iu gh you should have absolutely no problems with sugar - if you do, you are doing something wrong (you don't do cardio/you don't do enough activity during the day, your training is too weak or your diet sucks - or all of them together)

at 4iu gh you should have absolutely no problems with sugar - if you do, you are doing something wrong (you don't do cardio/you don't do enough activity during the day, your training is too weak or your diet sucks - or all of them together)
It was just as a precaution nothing else. This is my first run with GH so I just wanted to be on the safe side and do everything right.

It was just as a precaution nothing else. This is my first run with GH so I just wanted to be on the safe side and do everything right.
4iu is a very small dose and you have absolutely no reason to worry about it

with doses up to 8-10iu, 90% of people do well without any support as long as they follow a clean diet, train hard and do cardio - above 10iu there is a probability that you will need to introduce GDA or metformin, etc.

4iu is a very small dose and you have absolutely no reason to worry about it

with doses up to 8-10iu, 90% of people do well without any support as long as they follow a clean diet, train hard and do cardio - above 10iu there is a probability that you will need to introduce GDA or metformin, etc.
I appreciate the info brother! Im going to pm you

@dxteran, if you don’t have one already then go buy a blood glucose monitor. Don’t buy some no name knock off brand. Obviously you want something reliable since you’re using it to track your sugar levels. Those fasted glucose levels will tell you if you need to do something if your glucose gets above 100.

Cage

Is he doing any cardio? Is he over 15% body fat?

Basically, regular steady state cardio and being leaner are going to have an effectiveness similar to metformin with only benefits and no side effects.

Some people are also genetically more susceptible to diabetes/blood sugar issues, but lifestyle is an incredibly important factor. As @luki7788 mentioned.

Is he doing any cardio? Is he over 15% body fat?

Basically, regular steady state cardio and being leaner are going to have an effectiveness similar to metformin with only benefits and no side effects.

Some people are also genetically more susceptible to diabetes/blood sugar issues, but lifestyle is an incredibly important factor. As @luki7788 mentioned.
You probably missed it, but this is a refreshed topic from 2017😅

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner