over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Convenient carb sources

to add to the above. 2 things you should be completely anal about. BP & FBG

it can vary quite a bit depending on the combination of food that is taken. For example: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21338539/

I have more thoughts on this subject, but I do not think that they are pertinent in this topic.
thats what i always assumed. i ALWAYS did a high quality olive oil with every meal. the thought being the fats would coincide with the higher glycemic carb. THEY DO NOT, at least for me. don't depend on these articles they dont take into consideration the level to which bodybuilders are taking things and is dangerous to assume so

I don't care if high GI carbs reduce its impact by mixing them with fats and / or vegetables, I just don't want them in my diet and in my life because my appetite is always great and I don't need foods to be more hungrier.

I don't care if high GI carbs reduce its impact by mixing them with fats and / or vegetables, I just don't want them in my diet and in my life because my appetite is always great and I don't need foods to be more hungrier.
I wish I had this problem. I don’t know how long it’s been since I felt actual hunger pains. In fact....due to my stomach issues the longer I go without food I start feeling bloated and I get stomach pain. And then when I do eat I can’t fit much in. So eating consistently every 3 hours or so is a must for me, but I have to be able to digest some of it by my next meal so high gi carbs are it for me

I wish I had this problem. I don’t know how long it’s been since I felt actual hunger pains. In fact....due to my stomach issues the longer I go without food I start feeling bloated and I get stomach pain. And then when I do eat I can’t fit much in. So eating consistently every 3 hours or so is a must for me, but I have to be able to digest some of it by my next meal so high gi carbs are it for me
right there with ya bud, hang tough. Foam rolling helps burp me like a baby and iron out my guts a lil

right there with ya bud, hang tough. Foam rolling helps burp me like a baby and iron out my guts a lil
That’s a fantastic fucking idea. Somethings I’ve noticed lately is I’m having a hard time burping. Food seems to be harder to swallow too. I think it may be from so many years of gerd damage

But total carbohydrate content in food is a better predictor of bg response than the GI. There’s too many other factors for GI to really matter
The amount of fat consumed with the carb source can affect bg as well

But total carbohydrate content in food is a better predictor of bg response than the GI. There’s too many other factors for GI to really matter
re-read what you just quoted, focus on the capitalized part. i have almost 30 years in the game. i know ME. i know how "I" respond. best of luck in finding YOUR way as every path is different. unfortunately some/most never find theirs, they continue to go in circles. it can be seen every day on here.

and i apologize if i came of in the wrong way on the above. it is not intended, i've learned over the years a lot of these posts can be interpreted the wrong way when no ill intent was ever meant. my thought process is were all shooting the shit after a workout as friends.

and i apologize if i came of in the wrong way on the above. it is not intended, i've learned over the years a lot of these posts can be interpreted the wrong way when no ill intent was ever meant. my thought process is were all shooting the shit after a workout as friends.
You didn’t come off wrong at all. A lot can be lost in translation through words on a screen. I’m very straight forward so I understand exactly what you meant and I agree with you. You know exactly what work for you. What works in the real world for an individual and what works on paper or in a study can very well be polar opposites at times. I like to question though, it helps me learn especially from guys that have been doing this far longer and more successfully than I have. I like the banter and back and forth. There’s more to learn from you guys who have been there and done that than from any paper because essentially all of us here whether pros,competitors or just hobbyist gym rats like myself are all life long experiments. Our log books are our research papers. That’s why bodybuilding has a track record of being ahead of the science. Being proven wrong or corrected is an amazing thing because that’s when we’ve learned something new.

You didn’t come off wrong at all. A lot can be lost in translation through words on a screen. I’m very straight forward so I understand exactly what you meant and I agree with you. You know exactly what work for you. What works in the real world for an individual and what works on paper or in a study can very well be polar opposites at times. I like to question though, it helps me learn especially from guys that have been doing this far longer and more successfully than I have. I like the banter and back and forth. There’s more to learn from you guys who have been there and done that than from any paper because essentially all of us here whether pros,competitors or just hobbyist gym rats like myself are all life long experiments. Our log books are our research papers. That’s why bodybuilding has a track record of being ahead of the science. Being proven wrong or corrected is an amazing thing because that’s when we’ve learned something new.
I agree man. I’ll take anecdotal advice from dudes that have been in the trenches like dc, dusty, Justin Harris, Scott Stevenson, over pubmed studies any day if the week. I love to see where the debates end up on here

I love those Costco rice bowls. easy to eat.. but those bowls are everywhere; not just Costco; different brands make it too

I love those Costco rice bowls. easy to eat.. but those bowls are everywhere; not just Costco; different brands make it too
I’ve seen rice bowls elsewhere, but I haven’t seen any others that were Thai sticky rice. I digest that much better than regular white rice due to the higher amylopectin content

I saw Stan Efferding mention these bibigo rice bowls from Costco on a podcast and they're fucking amazing. They come in a pack of 8 for 8 dollars, and contain 72 grams of carbs from sticky white rice, which as a nice side benefit digests even faster than regular white rice due to the high amylopectin content and low amylose content. This is the perfect amount of carbs per meal for me, they’re shelf stable, and take 90 seconds to cook. Hope this helps someone like it has me, and please share any cool little things you use that make life easier
Alright. I'll give you guys a gold nugget. Drink plenty of seltzer. Especially people that get indigestion. It helps break down the food, it's no different than water except it's carbonated, it's hydrating, non-enzymatic, not acidic, no carbs, and CHEAP. No, you can't make a shake with it but... You'll thank me later.

Lately I’ve been on an instant oatmeal and raisins kick. Eating it about 3x a day.
I have a ton of these in my house now and am wondering if these have any drawback or they are actually a suitable source for carbs. I tend to prefer cream of rice for my carbs as far as cereal.

I have a ton of these in my house now and am wondering if these have any drawback or they are actually a suitable source for carbs. I tend to prefer cream of rice for my carbs as far as cereal.
They’re a great carb source if you can process and digest them without stomach issues

Cream of rice.

I haven’t had them in a while but I used keep fat free fig Newton’s in my truck for after the gym

Cluster dextrin.Fast digesting and easy on the stomach, its not cheap though.
I was very disappointed in HBCD. I did not notice any difference in digestions/bloating switching to it vs my normal blend of waxy/malto/dextrose. I only use 50g intra so perhaps larger amounts would show a difference. I used a brand that is beyond reproach so I know it was HBCD. As far as performance goes I did not notice any increase in pumps/energy vs my cheapo blend. I have two pounds so I will keep at it and see if anything changes as sometimes you try something new and it just so happens to line up with a couple shit sessions so no final verdict yet. I also may have built it up a bit much expectation wise but at its price it is hard not to.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131