over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Convenient carb sources

I was very disappointed in HBCD. I did not notice any difference in digestions/bloating switching to it vs my normal blend of waxy/malto/dextrose. I only use 50g intra so perhaps larger amounts would show a difference. I used a brand that is beyond reproach so I know it was HBCD. As far as performance goes I did not notice any increase in pumps/energy vs my cheapo blend. I have two pounds so I will keep at it and see if anything changes as sometimes you try something new and it just so happens to line up with a couple shit sessions so no final verdict yet. I also may have built it up a bit much expectation wise but at its price it is hard not to.
Hbcd wasn’t anything special for me either, especially at the price. I prefer glucose. You can get 2lbs of glucose syrup on Amazon for $11.

For those having digestion issues with oats: I find soaking them in just enough water to get them wet/moist and then letting them sit for at least two hours really helps me digest them. Any time I forget to do this I am reminded how much of a difference it makes.

Hbcd wasn’t anything special for me either, especially at the price. I prefer glucose. You can get 2lbs of glucose syrup on Amazon for $11.
I liked the hbcd i got from truenutrition but only when its on sale which has been like 2-3 times in the last two years or so. That being said, my go-to carbs for convenience is rice krispies with some unsweetened almond milk 👍🏻

I was very disappointed in HBCD. I did not notice any difference in digestions/bloating switching to it vs my normal blend of waxy/malto/dextrose. I only use 50g intra so perhaps larger amounts would show a difference. I used a brand that is beyond reproach so I know it was HBCD. As far as performance goes I did not notice any increase in pumps/energy vs my cheapo blend. I have two pounds so I will keep at it and see if anything changes as sometimes you try something new and it just so happens to line up with a couple shit sessions so no final verdict yet. I also may have built it up a bit much expectation wise but at its price it is hard not to.
I’m surprised to hear that. I can get 100g of carbs in an intra shake from HBCD and it doesn’t sit any heavier in my stomach than just drinking water would. I love the stuff.

I'm amazed at the problems people have with simple sugars, if you can't digest 60-100 grams of dextrose or malto ... then, you must be doing something wrong in your diet.

I only have digestive problems if I add flavorings to my neutral flavored protein powders

Same here, in-fact I notice very little difference in any carb source so I damn sure ain't paying a premium for a carbohydrate source. Glycerin/glycerol and sodium solve any pump issues I've ever had along w beet root powder or beet juice. Don't feel the need for anything else in or around the workout.

Oats, soaked or not are the only thing that ever give me trouble. I've done away w all powdered carb sources as I rarely use insulin anymore and see no other benefit personally. I'd rather eat my carbs- cor, grits, basmati, potatoes of all types. Cheap and suit me just fine.

Update: So after some additional use HBCD now seems to process better than other sources but not to the extent that I would use it exclusively. Currently using 30g in my pre. 50g intra with 40g waxy and 10g dextrose with 20g eaa, 20g glutamine, 5g tmg.

Going to back down the hbcd to see where the tipping point for me is. Prior to using I never used more than 50g carb intra so I am at double that now. I will incrementally decrease hbcd and increase the others to see if any bloat whatsoever sets in. In the grand scheme, I know this matters very little but I enjoy tinkering with my hobby :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear