over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cooking white rice - help

Why precooked rice cooker shouldn’t cost u more then 20$ and you g2g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white rice with kerry gold irish butter is a staple !

If you soak your rice over night, especially the brown red etc. it absorbs the water better and stays moist longer. If you heat the water turn it off and let the rice set in it for a few hours before you cook it it will absorb almost as well.

cannot cook long grain white rice in microwave! help!

i want 120g with 3 tbsp of evoo

if i do it with basmati i just add the oil and boiling water (twice as much volume as rice) and mcrowave for 8 mins.

if i do that with long grain white rice it ends up very hard and doesnt seem to absorb ANY oil

Why are you using oil to cook rice? Oil isn’t required bro. I always just cook mine on the stove top, 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover, and 15 minutes later it’s done. It’s always a 2:1 water:rice ratio, so however much you want to make just use that ratio. Add oil after cooking if you’re looking to add fats, or just drink the oil and leave it off the rice lol. I can’t be of much help with the microwave, I don’t cook anything in mine, it’s just used for warming/reheating. If my home didn’t come with a built-in microwave I wouldn’t even have one lol.

cannot cook long grain white rice in microwave! help!

i want 120g with 3 tbsp of evoo

if i do it with basmati i just add the oil and boiling water (twice as much volume as rice) and mcrowave for 8 mins.

if i do that with long grain white rice it ends up very hard and doesnt seem to absorb ANY oil
2 cups of water and a drop of olive oil in a pot. Bring to boil, add 1 and 1/2 cup of dry rice ( i do jasmin ) boil on low with a lid. Literally only takes a few min. The water will evaporate and the rice done.

I buy frozen and the 10min boil bags. I usually put a few tsp of olive oil on my rice after its cooked.

I only use a rice cooker, i cannot cook rice. I suck at it so I'm lost without my rice cooker.

You don’t need a rice cooker bro, just use a pot, it’s super easy. Rice is such a staple that I don’t even think about how to cook it. Take a pot with a lid, add one part rice to two parts water, add a bit of salt or whatever seasoning you might like to use (you can add “better than boullion”, spices, substitute stock or broth for water, etc), cover and bring it to a boil, reduce heat to low once it reaches a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. You now have perfectly cooked rice, flavored however you want.

A rice cooker is easy, sure, and it’s nice to have one, but it’s completely unnecessary.
I agree and you know what's good to is chicken base it's basically bullion without the salt gives it a nice flavor

I'll add.
If you add just a little extra water...not to much..it will make nice moist rice. Problems people have with rice as it's dry and becomes monotonous. Chicken base, you can blend up stewed tomatoes and add a couple tablespoons. A tablespoon or two of cream of chicken. Obviously soy sauce ..Sriracha things of that nature. Teriyaki sauce there's a lot you can do with rice. I myself eat a lot of Spanish rice. A rice cooker is a no brainer. If you're going to cook on the stove it's the same recipe but do not I repeat do not lift the lid ever. In fact some women will beat your ass for lifting a lid

Add 2-3 tbl oil to a sauce pan and heat on medium high. Add some garlic and onion and sauté for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup rice and sauté while stirring another minute. Add 2 cups of chicken stock and let boil,cover, and turn down to medium low. Cook for 7 minutes, stir, recover and cook another 7 minute s

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws