over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cool Diet I run to get cut, Good Post

Me and Freefaller21 went to a local "Costco" store today....it's a membership store, you have to own a business or be a government employee to shop there....however....I would highly recommend a store like this to anyone follwing this diet.....alll items are sold in bulk at a discounted price. IE: A box of 88 eggs for 7 dollars, two bags of 12 large chicken breasts 16 bucks each....and the steaks are huge and packed again in bulk four almost inch thick 5 - 8 inch big steaks for 18 dollars......and so on....whole bill came to 75 dollars and we got supplied for a months worth of food that follows this diet plan. So just a tip for anyone who has access to a store like this....keeps you from shopping once or twice a week....and the price is right.

i always shop at BJ's (a local store that sells in bulk). i load up on steak and chicken you can get 6 t bones in a pack for $25. i too recently started this diet and buying in bulk saves a shit load of money.

I go to the local "meat packing" plant for beef and chicken. I get "8-10 lb slabs" of eye of round steak for less than $2.00 a pound!

xcel

bigheinz said:
VITOR NICE POST, NICE DIET, CONGRATULATIONS MAN, SHOW US A NEW PICS...

Hey xcel, bad k, will you send me the food to Venezuela at those prices?,,,,:D :cool: :confused: :)

Bigheinz

Yea but that is almost 4000 boliveras a pound. :)

Hey Crowler my friend, i buy today 40 pounds of ground beef for 10 days x 38$ that is 4190 bolivares x kilogram of meat, 2 dollars x 2.2 pounds of meat, real sheap no?
Chicken breast is 2.45$ x 2.2 ´pounds...
I will send you some steaks bros...

and remember......
.....There is no space for the littles!!!!!!!

but you have to eat a lot steaks....
Bigheinz

bigheinz said:
Hey Crowler my friend, i buy today 40 pounds of ground beef for 10 days x 38$ that is 4190 bolivares x kilogram of meat, 2 dollars x 2.2 pounds of meat, real sheap no?
Chicken breast is 2.45$ x 2.2 ´pounds...
I will send you some steaks bros...

and remember......
.....There is no space for the littles!!!!!!!

but you have to eat a lot steaks....
Bigheinz

YES VERY cheap my brother. :)

BUT you need more than 1lb of ground beef a day if you want to be as large as me. :)

My thoughts are with you and your country. My GF watches **broken link removed** all day.

3rd day of trying this diet :)

I am giving this diet a try as I am in a contest with some of my buddies at the gym (small wager riding on it). This is my 3rd day and I can already feel and see some results. On day 2 I was already carb depleted, weights went down on my workout but thats ok. I have done cardio every day alternating between 25 Hi Intensity-35 Low Intensity min sessions and will continue to do so, im sure this is one reason I depleted so quickly. I have to honest I am not able to eat as many times as called for to be strict with the guidelines with this diet. My food intake consists of:

Water all day long getting close to 2 gallons daily
Morn:
7:30 3 scoops protein 81 grams with tablespoon of flax oil, multi vit,E 1000 iu, 2 fish oil caps

9:00 8 egg whites, some turkey bacon

11:00 2 scoops protein 54 grams

12:00 Cardio alternating times and intensity levels

2:00 1 can of chicken breast 60 grams protein

3:30 2 scoops of protein 54 grams

4:30 workout
Post workout have a Optimum Nutrition MRP bar 30g protein, 40g carbs, 5g fat

6:30-7:00 Leans steak, onions, Sour cream and 1 oz cheese, very large green salad( not with iceburg lettuce)

10:00 1 can of chicken breast 60g protein and large green salad.

This is what I have been running and will tweak it around a little bit. I will make the dinner meal fish/chicken once or twice a week.

Hmm

The idea of this diet is to eat carbs when needed post workout, then switch to fat as a major fuel source. Make sure to get alot of veggies in there. I often have 3 shakes a day with Olive oil and some Citurcel sugar free for fiber, fiber is so good in so many ways.

Olive oil or flax works well, olive oil is pretty cheap and can be bought anywhere and does not need to be refrigerated.

One problem I saw on your diet mako is to never just drink a whey shake as it causes a huge insulin responce. We try to blunt this by taking some fat with it as the fat aids in slowing digestion and insuline respone. I followed it for 8 weeks and I looked amazing.

If you can do it for 6-8 weeks watch out.

better yet would be to use whey protein concentrate over isolate from a reputable source as concentrate doesnt spike blood sugar as much, i would recomend getting as many whole food meals besides postworkout in as possible and only use shakes if necessary and get some casein or milk protein isolate with the whey or over the whey, the slower proteins give the lowest insulin responses

the other problem with just protein and no fat is u give ur body no alternative fuel source to burn but protein

Mr_Magoo said:
better yet would be to use whey protein concentrate over isolate from a reputable source as concentrate doesnt spike blood sugar as much, i would recomend getting as many whole food meals besides postworkout in as possible and only use shakes if necessary and get some casein or milk protein isolate with the whey or over the whey, the slower proteins give the lowest insulin responses

the other problem with just protein and no fat is u give ur body no alternative fuel source to burn but protein
Don't you have this ass-backwards?!? :)

Isolate has most of the lactose (milk sugar) removed, not concentrate. I use 2 tblspns of "milled" flax in my whey protein isolate shakes - high in EFAs "and" fiber.

Just a question: if you're eating "enough" protein to meet your caloric demands, why would you need to add additional fats? (notice I didn't say "drop" all fats)

xcel

i got the isolate vs concentrate thing from a Beverly Internation Newsletter in which eric serrano said he classifies proteins into two types, anabolic and anti-catabolic. his def of anabolic vs anti-catabolic proteins is not something like whey is anabolic bc of fast delivery of aminos and hyperaminoacedemia and casein as anti-catabolic bc it gives the slow release of protein consistently and keeps u in a positive nitrogen balance longer. this is how many of us use the terms

his def. of anabolic and anti-catabolic proteins were which ones gave a rise in blood suagr and insulin release, insulin is an anti-catabolic hormone, reduces protein degredation. the only two he had on the list were whey isolate and cottage cheese saying these two give the highest rise in blood sugar and the anabolic proteins (the ones which gave least slin response) were meats, and surprisingly whey protein concentrate. so this is where i am gathering this info from, also i know the whey protein concentrate i get is 3% total sugar per 100 grams , thats not very much.

xcel i know where ur coming from but there aint much lactose in my wpc. also it makes sense that the faster something is absorbed the higher insulin release u get and isolate is absorbed faster then concentrate. im sure and hydrolyzed proteins would beat out isolate also in slin response

xcelbeyond said:

Just a question: if you're eating "enough" protein to meet your caloric demands, why would you need to add additional fats? (notice I didn't say "drop" all fats)

xcel

dont really get what ur asking but the more protein and less fat one eats the more they set themselves up to burn protein for fuel over fat

but i do like ur idea of using milled flax in ur shakes which to me is great idea since the fiber will slow the rate of the isolate and give a lower slin response, but what is the diff between milled and just buying seeds and grinding them?

Mr_Magoo said:
dont really get what ur asking but the more protein and less fat one eats the more they set themselves up to burn protein for fuel over fat

but i do like ur idea of using milled flax in ur shakes which to me is great idea since the fiber will slow the rate of the isolate and give a lower slin response, but what is the diff between milled and just buying seeds and grinding them?
I know the body converts protein to fuel via glycogenesis. "I believe" this helps increase one's metabolism as it takes the body more energy to use in this conversion. My point was that if you need 3000 calories and you're taking in 3000 calories of protein, why add more fat?

Difference between buying milled and making your own is none. I don't have a grinder is all. Won't a regular coffee grinder work?

xcel

regular coffee grinder works

its gluconeogenesis and bc if ur protein outweighs ur fats to substantially ur body gets used to converting protein to a fuel source, why not eat some fat wiht less protein so protein is spared and ur body becomes a fat burning machine over protein?

Hmm

Orange Flavored Sugar free citrucel is a great way to slow digestion, add fiber and taste, goes well with vanilla and choc protein powder, and some oil.

Mr_Magoo said:
its gluconeogenesis and bc if ur protein outweighs ur fats to substantially ur body gets used to converting protein to a fuel source, why not eat some fat wiht less protein so protein is spared and ur body becomes a fat burning machine over protein?
Thnx for the correct spelling (and coffee grinder info), I ALWAYS spell it incorrectly :)

If you haven't figured out by now, "nutrition" fascinates me - and I'm still learing more ED about how to refine it.

I was under the impression that "for most conditions" the body utilizes it's own fat as the "preferred" energy source - unless there's an abundance of simple sugars, which takes priority over fat. So, if you're not eating simple carbs, when the body does not utilize body fat for energy it seeks to get it from protein via gluconeogenesis.

I'm also under the impression that if your eating too much protein (where your total calorie intake is TOO high), the protein can turn into fat - it can't be used for energy, so it gets stored. That's why high amounts of protein are important, but you don't want to go "too far" above your caloric needs?!?

I've used this as the basis for gaining muscle without fat and it's worked for me.

xcel

A little more info

Thanx for the replies. Here is a little more info on the protein I take I get it from Protein Factory and it is a blend of Invotech Whey Isolate, Ion exchange Whey Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein 520, CFM Whey Isolate. I took a fiber drink first thing this morning, that is something I have to bump up for sure. How does that Olive Oil taste in your drinks? I never even thought of trying that, the Flax Oil I use has almost no flavor to it at all. This is the beginning of day 4 and clothes are fitting differently already and can see changes. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131