over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cool Diet I run to get cut, Good Post

Re: A little more info

Mako said:
How does that Olive Oil taste in your drinks? I never even thought of trying that, the Flax Oil I use has almost no flavor to it at all. This is the beginning of day 4 and clothes are fitting differently already and can see changes. :D
Drop me an e-mail re: a good source (cheap) for whey protein isolate :)

Olive oil taste like "olive oil" in shakes :( Since changing to "milled" flax, it doen't seem to add any taste :) As magoo said - a BIG plus is all the lignans and fiber you get with "milled."

xcel

xcelbeyond said:

I was under the impression that "for most conditions" the body utilizes it's own fat as the "preferred" energy source - unless there's an abundance of simple sugars, which takes priority over fat. So, if you're not eating simple carbs, when the body does not utilize body fat for energy it seeks to get it from protein via gluconeogenesis.

Magoo: well if ur not supplying adequate fat ur body will first look towards the other nutrients it is takin in and will try to take energy from that, and if it is just about pure protein ur body will be makin most of it into sugar which will halt fat loss, also if ur body aint given enough fat it wont release its own fat nearly as efficiently due to the starvation mechanism

I'm also under the impression that if your eating too much protein (where your total calorie intake is TOO high), the protein can turn into fat - it can't be used for energy, so it gets stored. That's why high amounts of protein are important, but you don't want to go "too far" above your caloric needs?!?

Magoo: Well while true too much of any nutrient can go to fat, it is rare that anything but fat actually goes to fat, fat before being burned will go through fat cells first no matter what, while carbs are very rarely converted to fat (hear me out) fa is always being recycled inside of a cell and when insulin is not present on the cell fat loss is never impeded, fat is always being released throughout the cell, its like a green light to allow fat cells to leave. when insulin comes in it stops the fat from being released and instead he fat keeps recyclin inside of the cell (think traffic jam), that is how carbs are fattening. in fact when they gave normal people a 300 g carbohydrate meal they found very few if any of the carbs were stored as fat instead they were burned for energy and suppressed or halted the body from releasing any of its own fat. now protein is even harder to go to fat since itll convert to glucose first and that is an energy expensive process

I've used this as the basis for gaining muscle without fat and it's worked for me.

xcel

Originally posted by Mr_Magoo
Thanks for that info bro!

Based on what you said, it'd be more beneficial to reduce my 1 cup of brown rice to 1/2 cup - that I'm having w/ my eye of round and put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on it? I just mix it all up together :)

xcel

well i know wylde is helping u so i dont wanna say too much.

personally the fats i would add to ur carb meals would be more of the fish oils, milled or ground flax and cla. also depends wether ur bulking or cutting. also what meal of the day is this? i know i really do well on carbs just postworkout but thats me

Yea, but he has me on more "complex" carbs than I believe is necessary. Maybe because contest is a ways off? But - I've gained a fair bit of fat in the last 4 weeks!!!!!

That's my 5th meal, middle of day ~1:00 to 1:30 PM. 6 oz eye of round, 1c long grain brown rice, spinach. I need to make adjustments QUICK because I should have lost fat in these last 4 weeks!

xcel

i have no problem gaining mass with fats and proteins all day with the exception of postworkout, it works very well for me and i assume it would for u as well. poliquin feels the same way as me also. id say to give it a shot personally

I do add ~30g of dextrose to my post-workout protein drink. If I reduce (or cut most) of carbs throughout the day, should I increase that amount (to what)?

xcel

increase the dextrose amount to what? is that what u r asking

Mr_Magoo said:
increase the dextrose amount to what? is that what u r asking
Yes. Is it enough or should it be increased to what?

thnx
xcel

i believe ur carb consumption should be a reflection of ur workload

but id likely increase that amount, u do dc style workouts? or what?

I do version of HIT that's more closer to Big A's routine more than DC's. It's mainly dropped sets of 5 reps with no rest between sets. I have a hard time catching my breath afterwards. Workouts are between 30 and 40 minutes long.

xcel

how many total cals u takin now? including the breakdown of macronutrients? i know wylde leans towars a 50-30-20 pro-carb-fat ratio is this along the lines ur at?

Mr_Magoo said:
how many total cals u takin now? including the breakdown of macronutrients? i know wylde leans towars a 50-30-20 pro-carb-fat ratio is this along the lines ur at?
Wyld's diet had me at 3448 total calories - 388g protein, 94g fat, 278 carb (that's including "all incidental macros" - like protein in spinach). I just switched to 3311 calories total - 407g protein, 82g fat, 249 carbs.

What do you think?

xcel

Last edited:
i really would like to see u limit carbs to the postworkout window and thats it unless we do a refeed day or a carb up day

So you're suggesting I cut back carbs to say 100 (with most of them post workout), increase fats so total daily calorie intake does not exceed 3300?

You made it sound like CLA is a "fat." If it is, should I include it in the count?

xcel

well cla is a fat and it does count towards ur daily consumption
an example of my diet is 4000 cals a day, 500 g protein, 220 g fat on off days on workout days it is 180 g fat and 100 g carbs postworkout, and by most i mean basically all except trivial amounts found in stuff like milled flax which is mostly fiber as a carb source so i dont count it as one

Day 5

This is day 5 and as i posted earlier that I was carb depleted by day 2, I dont know if I was just having an off day or what but my strength and stamina has come back 100% and still only eating carbs immediatly post workout, maybe burning more fat for energy, I sure hope I can stick with this as people are telling me that just after 5 days they see the results.

depens on person to person but most need at most two weeks or so to turn from sugar bruning to fat burning, some less

Isn't it possible to get carb depleted "before" your body changes from carb to fat burning?

xcel

possibly but tjat is why u want to limit the carbs greatly and give ample fat so ur body has an alternative fuel source, believe me ur body knows how to burn all three macronutrients, it just has to get used to doing the fat on a more regular basis

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear