over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CoQ10

great thread fouthgen! i was wondering what how much people were taking also. ive only been taking 100 mgs.:confused:

on a budget is it the smartest way to spend your money?

Does it beat out other popular supps like NAC, lycopene, celery seed extract ect?

great thread fouthgen! i was wondering what how much people were taking also. ive only been taking 100 mgs.:confused:

I got so freaking much of it in powder form off ebay it was like a 2year supply so im using 500mg daily just b/c I got so much of it. Its pricy but I believe 300mg is a great dose.

Does this look too good to be true?

600 x 400mg pills for 89.99

**broken link removed**

As far as I know, red yeast rice no longer contains lovastatin so is probably not worth the money as far as lowering cholesterol goes. Maybe someone else can verify this:

"In 2000, the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that red yeast rice IS subject to FDA regulation. Since then, the FDA has aggressively gone after companies selling red rice yeast containing lovastatin. While red rice yeast is still available on the grocer's shelf, the stuff that is out there now is apparently fermented using a different process, and apparently does NOT contain lovastatin. Therefore, (the active ingredient having been removed) its ability to lower cholesterol levels is probably nil. (This explains why the otherwise colorful labels no longer tout the cholesterol-lowering properties of the product.)"*

*From: http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/cholesterol/a/Nrxcol_rry.htm

As far as I know, red yeast rice no longer contains lovastatin so is probably not worth the money as far as lowering cholesterol goes. Maybe someone else can verify this:

"In 2000, the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that red yeast rice IS subject to FDA regulation. Since then, the FDA has aggressively gone after companies selling red rice yeast containing lovastatin. While red rice yeast is still available on the grocer's shelf, the stuff that is out there now is apparently fermented using a different process, and apparently does NOT contain lovastatin. Therefore, (the active ingredient having been removed) its ability to lower cholesterol levels is probably nil. (This explains why the otherwise colorful labels no longer tout the cholesterol-lowering properties of the product.)"*

*From: http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/cholesterol/a/Nrxcol_rry.htm

There has been a lot of confusion out there about red yeast rice. Eight or ten years ago studies showed that this over-the-counter dietary supplement was quite effective at reducing cholesterol levels. However, that was because one of the "natural" ingredients turned out to be lovastatin, a statin drug marketed as Mevacor and Altocor. (Statins were originally derived from yeast products; the lovastatin in red yeast rice is "natural.") When the FDA found out that red yeast rice contained a regulated substance (i.e., an effective drug), it banned these products unless extra steps were taken to remove lovastatin. Rendering red yeast rice useless if you ask me.

Anybody able to help on my quality question? DO cheap brands have bad quality (like the one I linked to)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131