over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Core training

I know!!!

WTF is your "core?" The liver? Kidneys? These guys just dont understand that they are just working their hip flexors and obliques, and not much else.

you know phil why dont u keep a pic of yourself like the one on sytheic doing that pose in purple trunks and when anyone "argues" with u rip that thing out and say just look at me obviously i know what im talking about...

ok one question on your training phil.. you say 3 stes per bodypart twice weekly. you said heavy set, moderate, and light set.
does this mena you for example would do, 1 heavy set of incline dumbells. then a moderate set of incline dumbells and then a light set..

or would you do a heavy set of incline dumbells, and a moderate set of dumbell flies, and a light set of somethign different.

sorry for all the question, im just looking for a change in my stagnant routine..

Thanks,

Todd

Good question

I never do incline presses because it is designed for the deltoid and not much chest. The only way that inclines can work the chest is if you arch your back so far that it is in the exact same position that a flat bench press would allow. I always mix up the order of light, mod, heavy. I stick to flat bench, dips, DB flat bench, in no particular order.

Phil

When you say 1 set heavy, mod, light, is this the order you do them? Or do U go light 1st then heavy? Also how many exer. per bodypart?

I mix it up

Some days I go heavy first(after warmup), some days lighter first. I sometimes do all 3 sets of bench, or I might do 1 set bench, 1 set dips, 1 set DB press. Never do a concentrated movement such as cable crossovers. This "concentrated" label is nothing more than a nice definition of not using very many muscle fibers. Use compound movements, take an average grip ALWAYS. Remember, you have teh pec major and pec minor. DOing inclines is not an upper chest exercise. You must work the pec minor to get a bigger upper looking chest, if you are lacking in this area.

ok so what do you think about flyes? Waste of time? So what works the minor out the best? My chest is decently built and I attribute that from benching all the time. Could you post a sample chest routines as far as the exer. go?

Never do flyes

Warmup, heavy bench, lighter DB press, as many dips as possible. Pec minor exercise is hard to explain. Arms STRAIGHT on dip bar, let body raise up and down, almost exactly like a shrug movement.

I used to never do flyes...I would do Incline bar, incline hammer(or incline DB), and flat bar. A thick chest is built by compund movements

But since I broke my hand, I had to resort to the other movements to save the pressure on my hand.

hey phil, thanks for the replies, i have been needing a change very badly, but i feel like i am cheating myself because i am not doing the regular 12 sets or so.. but i guess i am hitting each part twice a week which i really would like to do...

im gonna start on it tomorrow since its the start of my new week. ill keep everyone updated on my progress.

Take care,

Todd

hey phil ya big bastard. gimme some free advice and i promise i'll use it :D and i'll even kiss your ass whenever i am online.

JW

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

LIFE IS GOOD........IT'S FUN TO HEAR WHAT OTHER FELLAS ARE DOING. I HAD SOME GUY I DIDN'T KNOW COME UP TO ME TODAY AND ASK IF I COULD HOOK HIM UP WITH ANYTHING. I TOLD HIM NO. <SEE, I AM HUGE!! HAHAHAA>>>:D

I don't lift heavy weights because...

... I don't wanna get bulky

... I don't wanna lose my flexibility

... blah, blah, blah

you are right Phil

Phil, I found this thread and had to post. Since I started your simple plan and easy to follow instructions, I have gained muscle and lost fat in a short time, and gained strength, which is what I wanted. So it's going great! I consistently hear men and women, especially when I worked at my Gym that they did not want to lift heavy, so as not to get BIG. I had to educate many, but they still had the I don't believe you look.
I heard it daily on tours, so I started explaining how it takes alot hard work, good genetics, the right diet and years of it...I'm loving lifting heavier, my legs and glutes have never looked as good as now, and I have a while to go still. I can't wait to have stronger sweep, more muscle and strength. I look forward to pushing it at the gym, and I'm really getting leaner, NOT bulkier. The Desperate housewives are already talking...,lol......Thanks Phil!

Can anyone explain to me why all of these pansy ass Know nothing trainers are training each and every client, especially female clients, with this stupid core training and the idiotic blue ball? Also, why do all women believe STILL that light weights will give them the body that they want? Every woman I train argues with me about going too heavy. I am to the point now that I turn down clients that complain about training heavy.I REFUSE to train whiners, crybabies, complainers, and questionaholics. They all seem to not believe me, sayin gthat I am a bodybuilder and they dont want to ever look like this.
Another thing. I have a friend that I give advice to. He is very heavy but thinks he is muscular. I wrote him out a diet, training. HE tells me the other day that a bouncer at the club gave him a routine and a diet tha the is going to follow. I told him to NEVER EVER EVER ask me anythig EVER again. Do you guys understand where I am coming from?

I understand exactly what you are saying I'm no personal trainer but when someone ask me for some kind of advice and then follow exact the opposite from what I've told them it just piss me off because when I ask something to someone I always listen carefully what they are saying and I try to follow the advice. If I had the opportunity to have "free" advice from you I would definitely follow it step by step.

I think that some people just don't have the capacity to workout properly to achieve results. People want it quick and with no effort included. But that is just impossible!

Thanks for sharing Phil!

phil your routines are awesome. made so much more progress following your advice than any program i have ever done. as for the questions hey sorry i ask alot becouse well i am kinda dumb, and dont want to screw it up lol.:D thanks again for all your help cant wait till next october.

I wish my girl could get that stuff outta her head about "core-training"...she needs a trainer! lol :D

You've helped me tremendously too Phil! Thanks! I can't wait until I start putting on size with your help! -StOrY

About the thread topic....It's to the point where I dont even tell people in the gym I have a trainer or anything! Because then theyre like "Well, why dont you do it this way instead ?" or "Why can't I be your trainer ?"(this statement coming from the most out-of-shape trainers at the gym. It seems like now that I'm making progress theyre all kind of insecure because 99% of all the people who work there or train there look exactly the same all of the time...and I ask myself why the heck they even work out if they're not going to manipulate their diet which is like the most important thing and actually advance in this sport? That's becoming my philosophy so far working with phil. It seems diet is EVERYTHING for me now! -StOrY

HEY!

phil your routines are awesome. made so much more progress following your advice than any program i have ever done. as for the questions hey sorry i ask alot becouse well i am kinda dumb, and dont want to screw it up lol.:D thanks again for all your help cant wait till next october.

YOUR GREAT!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity