over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the media loves this stuff, a whole 5 confirmed cases within the U.S., I had someone ask me today if they should get some mask, lol, hell each year you probably have a couple of thousand people die from slipping in bathtubs, where is the media on that?
Exactly. I'd say at this point a person in the US is more likely to be struck by lightning than they are to die from corona virus. Much more likely to be struck by a car than be infected by it.

There is a reason our government hasn't banned travel to China. If it was an emergency then that would happen. If it did happen, then all of the travelers over there would be stuck there and not able to come home.

Just saw that the US is evacuating citizens from Wuhan. I think if it were really dangerous the US would quarantine them and refuse their return.

The stock market sure is nervous over this all.

I don’t know guys, I would love for it to be nothing but i think it’s more serious than you guys are thinking.

You can’t get a straight answer out of China and all they ever concern themselves with is saving face so whatever they are saying I’m sure it’s ten times worse, I don’t think they would be quarantining entire regions if it was just a flu. Imagine if the US said “hey guys Florida is closed”, people would be flipping out. I was at the airport this weekend and every single Asian person i saw was wearing a mask, without fail, why are they so worried and we’re not? The virus is also contagious without symptoms which is makes it that much more dangerous and difficult to control.

REPORTED cases are up 60% today and we don’t know the mortality rate yet because not everyone has died/recovered, there are videos online of people collapsing in the street and hospitals overwhelmed with sheet covered bodies lining the hallways.

I think everyone is just hoping it blows over but shit shouldn’t we at least have a travel ban for the region?

I really hope you guys are right and it’s only going to be an issue for the sick and elderly just like any flu but I don’t know guys it doesn’t look good.

The CDC.

The cdc:

"The risk to individuals is dependent on exposure. At this time, some people will have an increased risk of infection, for example healthcare workers caring for 2019-nCoV patients and other close contacts. For the general American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus, the immediate health risk from 2019-nCoV is considered low."

CDC only recommending not traveling to China unless it is essential.

Even 3% is hard to swallow, but according to the CDC, 6515 people died in the US in 2017 from the flu. It sounds like it is as bad as this flu, so I don't think this is that much worse. That wasn't any special flu that I remember, just the usual. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/flu.htm

Just seems like the news is making this sound like the second coming of the black plague. The plague is indeed something to fear :"Infection in all forms can be fatal unless treated immediately with antibiotics, such as streptomycin. Mortality rates for treated individuals range from 1 percent to 15 percent for bubonic plague to 40 percent for septicemic plague. In untreated victims, the rates rise to about 50 percent for bubonic and 100 percent for septicemic. The mortality rate for untreated pneumonic plague is 100 percent; death occurs within 24 hours." https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/rxforsurvival/series/diseases/plague.html

There is a real chance that the plague could break out in parts of California now where the rat population and homless is real high.

The scary part is that no one knows how bad this could get. It might be contained in time and kill a few hundred people like SARS. It might infect hundreds of millions of people around the world, killing a few million. Nobody knows yet. The flu epidemic in 1918/1919 killed 50 million, so it can happen with known viruses too.

So far the only known outbreaks have been in China. New cases of viral transmission have just been confirmed in Germany and Japan, but it looks like it hasn't spread beyond one new person in each case. New sustained outbreaks outside of China would make containment harder, obviously.

There was a new plague outbreak in China last year. That's not as scary anymore, since we have drugs to cure it.

The big difference between this and 1918 is that we have better healthcare now, so the death rate should be a lot lower.

The CDC has an official on tv now giving a speech. He's pretty much saying this outbreak is business as usual. We are stockpiling treatments and working on a vaccine. They are prepared if it should get worse. I'd hope a travel ban would be instituted if things get bad.

CDC is now screening travelers in 20 different airports in the US.

The US is already developing a vaccine and think that monoclonal antibodies from SARS might help. There is a SARS vaccine but we never had to use it. Sounds like in another 9 months we will have a vaccine for this ready to be used if we have to. Chances are it will never be used. All of this work could actually lower the death rate.

This from CDC officials.

Even 3% is hard to swallow, but according to the CDC, 6515 people died in the US in 2017 from the flu. It sounds like it is as bad as this flu, so I don't think this is that much worse. That wasn't any special flu that I remember, just the usual. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/flu.htm

Just seems like the news is making this sound like the second coming of the black plague. The plague is indeed something to fear :"Infection in all forms can be fatal unless treated immediately with antibiotics, such as streptomycin. Mortality rates for treated individuals range from 1 percent to 15 percent for bubonic plague to 40 percent for septicemic plague. In untreated victims, the rates rise to about 50 percent for bubonic and 100 percent for septicemic. The mortality rate for untreated pneumonic plague is 100 percent; death occurs within 24 hours." https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/rxforsurvival/series/diseases/plague.html

There is a real chance that the plague could break out in parts of California now where the rat population and homless is real high.
Couple things with this virus. It appears to be new to the human population. It has a prodromal stage of up to 2 weeks. That means if you get it you walk around for up to 2 weeks spreading it without experiencing symptoms. So that dramatically increases infection rate. Being new to the human populations it will mutate and optimize as the season progresses and may re-emerge in subsequent seasons in changed form. It's a single stranded RNA virus so it mutates fairly quickly. Third, siren it's new to the human population there is little immunity. Such situations can lead to misbalanced immune response leading to cytotoxicity in the lungs in respiratory infections. That's why pandemic flu can be highly lethal like in 1918 and 1968. So.. we will ahve to see how this plays out over the next 60 days.

Just saw that the US is evacuating citizens from Wuhan. I think if it were really dangerous the US would quarantine them and refuse their return.

The stock market sure is nervous over this all.
They will be quarantined once returned to US.

The US is already developing a vaccine and think that monoclonal antibodies from SARS might help. There is a SARS vaccine but we never had to use it. Sounds like in another 9 months we will have a vaccine for this ready to be used if we have to. Chances are it will never be used. All of this work could actually lower the death rate.

This from CDC officials.
This is probably true. Whenever there is a threat of pandemic organizations like PATH and BARDA work to link together government agencies, researchers and pharma to make something fast and stockpile.

There are now 5,924 confirmed cases. That's already more than SARS, and the number is growing exponentially. 132 people have died so far. 103 have recovered. The rest are still sick, mostly in overcrowded hospitals.

I hope this turns out to be less serious than the flu, but it's looking worse every day.

They will be quarantined once returned to US.
Problem is they came back here not knowing they had it and while riding home on the plane and walking around the airport here in the US they exposed hundreds or more to the virus. IMO the US should just ban travel to and from China now to stop this risk. If they come back with no symptoms then they are going to spread it all over here. I say stop travel now.

It might be in Ohio now. https://www.wlwt.com/article/2-miam...ronavirus-china-testing-ohio-oxford/30688407#

I think we need to stop people from traveling to and from there.

Looks like airlines are taking the matter into their own hands now and stopping flights to China. https://www.businessinsider.com/air...lights-to-china-amid-coronavirus-fears-2020-1

"The reasoning for doing so is a mix of reduced demand of visitors to the country and fear of the virus spreading, with numerous cities outside of China already reporting cases of the virus. "

So as a business model it now doesn't make any sense for them to keep flying there. I bet a lot of seats were starting to go empty.

I really don't think it could survive inside the vial, with the BA. On the outside it might live for a bit, but by the time you get it, it should be dead. Another thing, the stuff you have at home now is definitely safe because it was probably made before this hit. Future shipments would be the ones exposed, but even then I don't think the virus would survive long enough to cause you any trouble. If youre really paranoid about it, wipe down the outside with rubbing alcohol. Much of the UG gear here is probably made domestic too even though the powder is Chinese.

Eat foods that contains natural protease inhibitors.

My cat is prepared. 2C55D0EC-214C-434D-9259-752448A0D612.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws