over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
170 dead. Close to 8000 infected?!
My bet: The WHO will declare the Coronavirus a Global Emergency by the end of the week.

170 dead. Close to 8000 infected?!
My bet: The WHO will declare the Coronavirus a Global Emergency by the end of the week.
Seems to be spreading fast. Logarithmic progression.

But still no travel ban I don’t understand this at all....

Unfortunately lots of Chinese tourists come here to Tokyo this time of year.
Already annoying enough without their new baggage...

They are raiding all the stores here for masks even though they don't offer real protection.

The Japanese government is real soft lest they upset their volitaile neighbor. Japan is also bringing people home from Wuhan and not forcing quarantine.

A virus needs a living host cell for it to survive. Bacteria can multiply on its own and live much longer. HIV in dried blood will not survive more than 5-6 days. There is not much worry about getting this virus in your gear. Plus sitting in 2% BA would kill it. What makes it such a dangerous virus is it was transmitted from animals to humans! Crazy open air markets selling any wild meat they can catch with very little sanitation.

Americans quarantined after evacuation flight

Exactly. I'd say at this point a person in the US is more likely to be struck by lightning than they are to die from corona virus. Much more likely to be struck by a car than be infected by it.

There is a reason our government hasn't banned travel to China. If it was an emergency then that would happen. If it did happen, then all of the travelers over there would be stuck there and not able to come home.

correct, but the media loves to get everyone whipped up into a frenzy, I think there might be 6 cases now, but in the 2019/2020 flu season thus far ask yourself how many people have contracted Influenza A? And how many people have died from it?

"The main reason is not what is happening in China but what is happening in other countries," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced at a news conference in Geneva, Switzerland."

So they are worried about countries that have a health system that isnt as good as China's. Id like to think ours in the US is better than China's.

Id still like to see a travel ban to wait for the virus to burn out or for the vaccine to be developed. Such a ban would mean a big economic cost though to many companies and im sure they want to avoid that.

correct, but the media loves to get everyone whipped up into a frenzy, I think there might be 6 cases now, but in the 2019/2020 flu season thus far ask yourself how many people have contracted Influenza A? And how many people have died from it?

The flu kills thousands every year with a lethality rate of something like 0.15%. This new virus might have a lethality rate closer to 3%. If it ends up spreading around the world like the flu, millions could die. Healthy / strong people would get through it, but the virus could affect everyone indirectly. It would probably cause a global recession if it spreads worldwide.

There's been one person in the US so far who caught it here, plus a few confirmed cases of transmission in other countries. There haven't been new outbreaks in other countries yet. Hopefully they can keep this contained to China.

Glad I`m not on the cruise ship in Italy with like 7,000 people on board. It`s at port but nobody is allowed off, 2 Chinese on board have it and have been quarantined.

Glad I`m not on the cruise ship in Italy with like 7,000 people on board. It`s at port but nobody is allowed off, 2 Chinese on board have it and have been quarantined.
WOW I guess they get a prolonged vacation! I wonder who is going to pay for that?

No results yet for these two Chinese students being tested. Apparently only the CDC in Atlanta is able to test for it. A lot of the Chinese students in the US are quite wealthy, and should have a lot of support from home. Last year I was in the Porsche dealership where I bought my 911 and have it serviced. Parents where in there and bought their son a brand new 911 turbo! It was about $170,000. He was a student here at a university earning his degree. Another trip I asked a salesman about it and he said they get that a lot. The families always seem to pay for all of it at the day of sale and don't take out a loan.

I fear soon travel may be cut off completely. If you're over there now and want to leave, better not wait.

Link has the phone number for the US Embassy there.

Anyone notice how quiet news out of North Korea's been lately?
What did the Dear Leader say about a Christmas gift?

Familiar with the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse? What color does the white/pale horse represent?

i got the flu as we speak. just a. maybe b. havent had the flu since the 90's. i forgot how fuckin shitty u feel.
but i take comfort knowing im not alone. multiple schools are closed round here cuzza it

all major airlines now are cutting off all flights to china and to the usa til the end of april

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws