over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of fools here in the US. Looks like they had to destroy all of the products that they sprayed down, $10,000 in damage.
wow they are fucking insane. They'll be prosecuted for terrorism.

Ok now seriously, WTF!?
Why if this virus is so similar to Influenza does a government resort to this level of segregation?
What goal is achieved?

It must be more contagious than other flu strains. The death rate is around 2.5%, not sure how that compares with others. An event like this will cost a country billions in lost work.

Ok now seriously, WTF!?
Why if this virus is so similar to Influenza does a government resort to this level of segregation?
What goal is achieved?

Problem is you are believing communist news! Everything is good over here, nothing to see but reality is different. Virus that are transferred from animal to human is much more dangerous than normal flu virus. The human body has never seen a virus like this and immune system is starting from scratch figuring out how to fight it. Normal flu it is likely you body already has anti-bodies stored away. Then it just takes time to ramp up production in immune response to fight it. Normally the body knows which "key" it needs because it has seen virus before. Not so with corona virus.

correct, but the media loves to get everyone whipped up into a frenzy, I think there might be 6 cases now, but in the 2019/2020 flu season thus far ask yourself how many people have contracted Influenza A? And how many people have died from it?

Like you, Maldorf and others have mentioned / alluded to . . . according to Medscape,
and while the coronavirus is obviously bad, the US flu's (influenza) new numbers are
still far worse and has caused at least 19 million illnesses, 180,000 hospitalizations,
and 10,000 deaths so far this season.

Why aren’t we quarantining people, cities, states, heck the whole damn country as far
as that's concerned.

Weird or just a silly, uninformed question?

Like you, Maldorf and others have mentioned / alluded to . . . according to Medscape,
and while the coronavirus is obviously bad, the US flu's (influenza) new numbers are
still far worse and has caused at least 19 million illnesses, 180,000 hospitalizations,
and 10,000 deaths so far this season.

Why aren’t we quarantining people, cities, states, heck the whole damn country as far
as that's concerned.

Weird or just a silly, uninformed question?
Only thing I can figure is that it does either one or both of these: spreads faster/easier or is more deadly. Using the numbers you provided, the various flu viruses in the US have a death rate of about .05%. The rate in China is about 2% or so, so that is 40 X worse. Health care over there probably isn't as good but it isn't that bad. So if those numbers are accurate, that means the new corona virus over there is a lot more deadly. All speculation.

2% of 19 million infected would be 380,000 dead. Compared to 10,000.

Only thing I can figure is that it does either one or both of these: spreads faster/easier or is more deadly. Using the numbers you provided, the various flu viruses in the US have a death rate of about .05%. The rate in China is about 2% or so, so that is 40 X worse. Health care over there probably isn't as good but it isn't that bad. So if those numbers are accurate, that means the new corona virus over there is a lot more deadly. All speculation.
Not trying to sound racist but if the Chinese were handling this better, then I wonder if the death rate would be lower? They are apparently barring people inside structures without adequate food/water/medicine. Are they trying to kill off their people that already have it?

Not trying to sound racist but if the Chinese were handling this better, then I wonder if the death rate would be lower? They are apparently barring people inside structures without adequate food/water/medicine. Are they trying to kill off their people that already have it?
If that is the case then it would definitely hurt the chances of surviving an infection. Sounds like a very scary scenario. I thought most of them were being removed and located to government makeshift medical facilities. I hope that they are getting the things they need to be healthy and survive.

I hope so too man, but I think its going to come out later to be one of the bigger violations of human rights we've seen in a few years. Stuff is already leaking out about it. I hope that this thing resolves itself and they can all get back to normal living and it doesn't spread to us.

wow up to 28,000 infected now. That's from 10,000 2 days ago?

If this thing takes hold in India and/or Africa...

ACEi or ARB's might lessen the burden load of the virus.

ACEi or ARB's might lessen the burden load of the virus.
That's an interesting idea. The corona virus uses ACE2 as its host. To the extent that there is a negative feedback loop between Ang2 and ACE2, decreased levels of Ang2 following ARB and ACEi use could lower ACE2 levels, thus reducing the number of host proteins available to the virus. Especially preventative use may be useful in decreasing the severity of the illness. Very nice stewie (y)Makes me wonder why this hasn't at least been discussed yet in medical circles?

Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) shares some homology with angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) but is not inhibited by ACE inhibitors. The main role of ACE2 is the degradation of Ang II resulting in the formation of angiotensin 1–7 (Ang 1–7) which opposes the actions of Ang II. Increased Ang II levels are thought to upregulate ACE2 activity, and in ACE2 deficient mice Ang II levels are approximately double that of wild-type mice, whilst Ang 1–7 levels are almost undetectable. Thus, ACE2 plays a crucial role in the RAS because it opposes the actions of Ang II. Consequently, it has a beneficial role in many diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease where its expression is decreased. Not surprisingly, current therapeutic strategies for ACE2 involve augmenting its expression using ACE2 adenoviruses, recombinant ACE2 or compounds in these diseases thereby affording some organ protection.

That's an interesting idea. The corona virus uses ACE2 as its host. To the extent that there is a negative feedback loop between Ang2 and ACE2, decreased levels of Ang2 following ARB and ACEi use could lower ACE2 levels, thus reducing the number of host proteins available to the virus. Especially preventative use may be useful in decreasing the severity of the illness. Very nice stewie (y)Makes me wonder why this hasn't at least been discussed yet in medical circles?

Idealistically targeting the nuclei of ACE2 dismantling mRNA translation would be the potential cure to stave off the virus. Unfortunately that would cause a negative promoter on the body as a whole.

i drove through chinatown in SF with the windows down, and now i have the coronavirus

also caught hepatitis
That's probably from all the hypodermic needles and literal shit in the street:cool:

Anyone going on a cruise anytime soon?
Looks like the cruise ship industry is about to take a HUGE hit!

Anyone going on a cruise anytime soon?
Looks like the cruise ship industry is about to take a HUGE hit!
Well, a lot of them have now banned anyone from China being aboard, so maybe they can hold on to some of the business. Passengers shouldn't be too scared then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner