over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, there was a shortage of workers before this all hit. Jobs available out there that were unfilled. Things will revert back to that.

The problem is that when things come back people laid off are not getting paid so bills pile up, interest accrued, fines start building and so once things start up we are in a huge hole that some may not dig out of. It is not as easy as stay home and relax. If you are at home bills still come and income doesn’t. A couple months of this for many is going to set them back a lot more than a couple months and some will go bankrupt. The financial impact is not just now it is in the future as well. They are putting a hold on income, not on bills and that is the problem. If it was both, then all is good, but it’s not and that is the problem. People have the wrong impression this is like some vacation, it is an indefinite suspension of pay with no real bill relief.

The problem is that when things come back people laid off are not getting paid so bills pile up, interest accrued, fines start building and so once things start up we are in a huge hole that some may not dig out of. It is not as easy as stay home and relax. If you are at home bills still come and income doesn’t. A couple months of this for many is going to set them back a lot more than a couple months and some will go bankrupt. The financial impact is not just now it is in the future as well. They are putting a hold on income, not on bills and that is the problem. If it was both, then all is good, but it’s not and that is the problem. People have the wrong impression this is like some vacation, it is an indefinite suspension of pay with no real bill relief.
That's why congress is trying to pass this relief bill as we chat here. It should go through if each side can just compromise a bit. Still some trouble. Money is going to be paid directly to families and other measures as well. Many loans can be interest only payments or no payments at all until things pick back up. Interest will still be paid in some manner in most cases but it give the families a chance to get going again. Unemployment is still there too.

The Tokyo area had a small jump so the governor is asking people to not go out this weekend except for essentials.
Seems there was a K1 match that was not supposed to have attendees, but did and this may turn out to be a new cluster event.
The country still has less cases than my home state of MA though. While this is great, it does make some complacent.

On the upside (sorry, this will sound selfish) the watch market has loosened up and I was able to get a piece I wanted yesterday for a very good price.

Prince Charles (probably the future King of England) has tested positive. He is 71 but hopefully they have caught it early.

The Tokyo area had a small jump so the governor is asking people to not go out this weekend except for essentials.
Seems there was a K1 match that was not supposed to have attendees, but did and this may turn out to be a new cluster event.
The country still has less cases than my home state of MA though. While this is great, it does make some complacent.

On the upside (sorry, this will sound selfish) the watch market has loosened up and I was able to get a piece I wanted yesterday for a very good price.

in MA my whole life (y)

All this "we need to test people" is nonsense. The ONLY reason would be try and calculate some "death rate" to publish on the nightly news to panic people and get the sheep moving. In medicine, you ONLY test if the outcome of the results will change the protocol. Ie: you have a bacterial infection you will get antibiotics. You test positive for killer covid and you are sent home to rest and quarantine. Isn`t that what you should do when you are sick? There are some anti-viral meds that some say work but they also quote people who pushed the drugs in same sentence. That shades things a bit.

For all these under 40 y/o who have got it and "have no underlying conditions", how many vape, smoke, overweight, very low cardio respiratory capacity? We will never here those answers. My step sister and husband are both 43 y/o, overweight., BP meds, high cholesterol, typical stuff for elderly! Age under 40, lack of disease diagnosis, or disease "controlled" with drugs does not mean you are "healthy".

The point is that the people that are hospitalized with this are in much worse condition and there are more of them than the regular flu. if you think that this is just another flu than you are "sticking your head in the sand". The data and evidence is out there. Never, as far as I know, did Italy have 793 people die in one day from the flu.
In the 2017-2018 flu season about 400 ppl died on average every single day for five months strait in the USA according to the CDC. Im sure the were days with more or less. Thats the average.

Its funny how a little more than 20 years ago, Michael Jordan had his legendary game in the NBA finals in a packed arena, where he supposedly had the flu; and people worshiped him like he was a hero for that performance. By today's standards he would be viewed as a murderer.

This about sums this whole thing up. I would never want to bring a kid into this world. Any person with toughness, fortitude, grit is labeled the devil. what year will the first person be prosecuted for doin the right thing and showing up to work when they don't feel well, a co-worker gets sick, then they get sued or imprisoned? ill say 2026.

In the 2017-2018 flu season about 400 ppl died on average every single day for five months strait in the USA according to the CDC. Im sure the were days with more or less. Thats the average.

50,000 people have died this year in the U.S from flu, crazy if you think about it. They should shut country down every year. This has been fu*** ridiculous!!

There are some things I have been watching too! So far prices haven't dropped :( Looking at graphics cards and some upgraded intercoolers for the 911. Might as well take advantage of the situation if you can. Find a bright side in there somewhere!

There are some things I have been watching too! So far prices haven't dropped :( Looking at graphics cards and some upgraded intercoolers for the 911. Might as well take advantage of the situation if you can. Find a bright side in there somewhere!

bright spot will be having some more market days deep in the red!

50,000 people have died this year in the U.S from flu, crazy if you think about it. They should shut country down every year. This has been fu*** ridiculous!!
this has the potential to kill many more than that, and that is the reason for the reaction. It is a novel virus and so nobody has immunity to it. With the regular flu many of us get vaccines and some are naturally immune because they have already had it.

Be ready for it to come back again in the Fall/Winter

Be ready for it to come back again in the Fall/Winter

Exactly, and are we going to shut down the country again? There is a zero chance that the market will rebound if people think that we will have the same response. In addition, no business will expand and new businesses will be tentative to start up just to shut down.

Or put another way, we value life more than we did 100 years ago.

The book I am reading now "The Better Angels of our Nature" discusses this in depth.

It wasn't too long ago that people starved to death their children in favor of the stronger ones, that it was perfectly legal to beat and rape your wife, that children were sent into coal mines because the tunnels were too small for adults.
Public executions were entertainment (in France they used to "buy" criminals from neighboring towns so they could provide entertainment for their citizens).
Liberal Democracies (liberal as in Hobbes & Locke, not AOC) have improved the quality of life everywhere.

Some people like to lament the "weakness" of today's culture and long for the past, thinking things are so bad now.
In truth modern society is more peaceful and just than ever before.

It is in everyone's best interests as a society to take care of those we can.
If the system is flawed, it should be improved, not abandoned.

My counterarguments would be...

The Middle East, who everyone in the west loves to criticize and call barbarians. They (Jordan at least) are saying 10 years in jail if your caught outside. So would you say they value life more than america because they are going even more extreme to keep 1 person from getting sick and dying? An argument could be made.

I would say valuing life isn't measured in how many years someone lives. Someone could live to be 100 doing nothing never taking a risk. Someone else could travel the world and only live to be 60. We all take years off our life by taking AAS, but we believe it gives us a better quality of life because we like how we look, we get more attention, etc.

So we accept living less years on earth but enjoing the years we do live more. That is a risk. Same with food. Most people eat what they want to eat and don't care about being healthy. So I personally don't think we actually value life, or the meaning of it more. We just live in a more coddled , entitled society where parents cant spank their kids, everyone gets a cell phone at age 12. Our entitlement makes us think "oh something could kill me, society owes it to me to protect me."

We are all spoiled even the poorest people have it better than people did 100 years ago due to technology and I do believe it has made us weaker. The saying...tough times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create tough times.

I believe all of us today in the west have grown up in good times and are weak. We view a relative dying, mostly due to old age, as something tough. IN some countries they have had tanks roll through their entire village and soldiers come out and rape and pillage and kill an entire family. Thats some bad shit. A relative dying old age Is not bad, we mourn rather then celebrate their life.

I personally think we do live in an age where people are overly emotional and emotions guide our thinking over logic. Another problem in addition to people just being spoiled and entitled is a lack of understanding of basic economics. I don't believe ive ever met a single person in person who understands supply and demand. That is basic stuff. Mot people don't understand what a loan is and they go around complaining about their "college debt". Again, people in other countries starve and face real oppression and our kids complain because they have to pay a loan back.

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation...

Exactly, and are we going to shut down the country again? There is a zero chance that the market will rebound if people think that we will have the same response. In addition, no business will expand and new businesses will be tentative to start up just to shut down.

Yea, it definately shouldn't shut down, as by then, there will be a pretty large population who are immune to it, even with any possible reoccurences. Also, we will be ready for it with a larger stock of medical items and meds. I can't see that happening during the election/voting in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws