over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people stop comparing us to Italy. Their healthcare system is nowhere near as good as America. We have currently 93,881 cases and only 1421 deaths. They have 86,498 cases and 9134 deaths. That is about 7 times the rate of deaths. We will get through this and all this panicking and fear mongering is not helping. Not that I don't believe in preventive measures or sympathetic to those who died.
Has nothing to do with comparing our country to theirs. Forget about the US. Just look at Italy on it's own. Have they ever had this happen with the seasonal flu? No

The US is a separate case. Have we ever had this happen in our hospitals in the past 50 years? No.

No saying we are going to end up like Italy. Only that not in recent history has a country lost nearly 800 people in one day to the flu, and had consistent death day after day in these numbers.

The reason why these Hospitals and Urgent cares are so overwhelmed is anyone with a slight cough or sneeze is running to them. This panicking is driving them there. Unless you are getting a temperature and bad symptoms, I wish people just stay home if they get sick, so the people that really need treatment would be taken care of. This would help our supplies from diminishing. This is why I don't like how this Media and fear mongering are making people panic. It is literally driving people to emergency rooms that otherwise might not go there. We need to calm down and think " Am I really that sick?"
I agree that the media is taking it too far. The news channels are running it 24/ 7. Cant remember the last time I heard news about other topics. Even the presidential primary isn't covered at all.

I too think too many are going in. I've been sick now for almost 2 weeks and haven't gone in. I'm an extremely high risk patient too. I dont have really bad symptoms though. Last place you want to go is the hospital where you might get infected if you dont already have it. Its probably spreading it worse.

Part of me doesnt want to go in and get my INR tested. It's an oncology office and full of cancer patients. Part of me is scared I have it and I'll infect some of them, or they have it and will infect me.

Has nothing to do with comparing our country to theirs. Forget about the US. Just look at Italy on it's own. Have they ever had this happen with the seasonal flu? No

The US is a separate case. Have we ever had this happen in our hospitals in the past 50 years? No.

No saying we are going to end up like Italy. Only that not in recent history has a country lost nearly 800 people in one day to the flu, and had consistent death day after day in these numbers.

With the flu we have vaccines, antivirals, and it is not novel, so our bodies have built up antibodies to it. Without all these, it would be the same and down the road some time, covid-19 will be viewed as just another flu-like virus. But I understand what you are saying, because for now it is going to have a higher morbidity rate. But not near as high as the media has portrayed and projected.

I wish people stop comparing us to Italy. Their healthcare system is nowhere near as good as America. We have currently 93,881 cases and only 1421 deaths. They have 86,498 cases and 9134 deaths. That is about 7 times the rate of deaths. We will get through this and all this panicking and fear mongering is not helping. Not that I don't believe in preventive measures or sympathetic to those who died.

Thank you!!! It’s just ridiculous!!! Pathetic

You saying look at Italy on its own is bias.. You only want to look at the absolute worst cases.. Italy is like that for a reason... Why don’t you look at Germany? Or Austria? Or Slovenia? Or Netherlands? Because it doesn’t fit the super panic narrative you’re following bro..

It’s literally like me saying “But look at Ebola in Congo! 4,000 cases and 3,000+ deaths, we need to do something if not we’ll be just like them!”

That’s going on right now... No one cares... Why? Because we’re nothing like DRC... Same with Italy..

Just canceled my chiropractor appointment for tuesday. Somehow he is still open. Figured they'd be closed.

On a good note I am a big fan of the no traffic, no humans in my way

yeah no shit, i was just thinking i might go drive thru the city soon just to enjoy the traffic or lack thereof, on another note got a bit of a red day but im just laying back, i have not jumped in since monday, we will see what next week brings, also people have mentioned the media, i always like to put 3 letters in front of the word media, POS

With the flu we have vaccines, antivirals, and it is not novel, so our bodies have built up antibodies to it. Without all these, it would be the same and down the road some time, covid-19 will be viewed as just another flu-like virus. But I understand what you are saying, because for now it is going to have a higher morbidity rate. But not near as high as the media has portrayed and projected.
Right, being novel makes it much more contagious. I do think however that the mortality rate is higher than the seasonal flu. Most experts I see that are realistic put it at about 1%. That's 10x the seasonal flu. A lot of media is reporting 4%. I wish the media would be more realistic because I think it would increase the public's trust. I think if some of that 1% were young people then everyone would be scared. Right now young people are walking around feeling bullet proof. Doesnt help with the spread.

You saying look at Italy on its own is bias.. You only want to look at the absolute worst cases.. Italy is like that for a reason... Why don’t you look at Germany? Or Austria? Or Slovenia? Or Netherlands? Because it doesn’t fit the super panic narrative you’re following bro..

It’s literally like me saying “But look at Ebola in Congo! 4,000 cases and 3,000+ deaths, we need to do something if not we’ll be just like them!”

That’s going on right now... No one cares... Why? Because we’re nothing like DRC... Same with Italy..
Look at the US. Have hospitals been this overwhelmed in recent history? No. Our state alone has over 200 coronavirus patients in ICU right now. Mortality rate of people in ICU with this is rather high. I look for a spike in deaths soon. This is happening in the US, just a much smaller scale. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Nobody is immune to this virus.

have you guys read The Atlantic article on the pandemic? Pretty good summary from a fairly respect-worthy magazine. They've never been the "shock jock" type media at least.

Look at the US. Have hospitals been this overwhelmed in recent history? No. Our state alone has over 200 coronavirus patients in ICU right now. Mortality rate of people in ICU with this is rather high. I look for a spike in deaths soon. This is happening in the US, just a much smaller scale. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Nobody is immune to this virus.

Why are you buying into the hype? Have you walked in to a local hospital?

The couple friends I know who work in major hospitals in my city say it’s business as usual just a bunch of people panicking wanting to get tested and seen when they’re not that serious... Panic is overwhelming hospitals more than anything..

Keep in mind I live in a city of at least 6 million+ and our airport has 1 million travelers in and out weekly..

I can repeat this “history” for you every year if you’d like.. Just name a new virus and watch the sheep flood the hospitals thinking they have it.. Again, this is the only overwhelming going on right now in 99% of the country...

You don’t take into account how easily and efficiently panic spreads with so many media outlets, especially social media and how easily connected we are..

You are wrong. A few times we were overwhelmed. Measles outbreak and HIV just to name a few. The main reason you are seeing more exposure is due to Media fear mongering, not like we didn't have a few outbreaks that didn't overwhelm hospitals. As far as Italy goes, what part don't you understand, They have a piss poor health care system. According to the latest WHO data published in 2017 Coronary Heart Disease Deaths in Italy reached 108,924 or 20.56% of total deaths per year. That is about 300 deaths every day! Might not be 800, but this virus isn't going to last a whole year either with 800 deaths a day. If we break it down farther for the two months in Italy they been tracking this virus. They had 9134 deaths in 60 days. That is an average of 153 deaths per day. Now, the MAIN reason why deaths are on the rise and I will repeat myself, is their inadequate health care system. They don't have the hospital beds to treat people before this even broke out, so they are basically dying without proper care. If they had the best medical treatments, they would have less deaths. This is why we have more cases than them, but about 7 times less deaths.

We have 300,000 obesity related deaths per year in America. That is 822 deaths per day. The thing that amuses me about this, is the Media is telling everyone to go through fast food drive throughs for food. Yep, that will help the immune system. At the same vile breaths, they are telling everyone basically to panic over this virus that now has less than 2 days death toll of Obesity. I am sorry, but this whole thing should have been handled different and people that panic never panic when they are stuffing their faces with McDonald's crap. :rolleyes:

Why are you buying into the hype? Have you walked in to a local hospital?

The couple friends I know who work in major hospitals in my city say it’s business as usual just a bunch of people panicking wanting to get tested and seen when they’re not that serious... Panic is overwhelming hospitals more than anything..

Keep in mind I live in a city of at least 6 million+ and our airport has 1 million travelers in and out weekly..

I can repeat this “history” for you every year if you’d like.. Just name a new virus and watch the sheep flood the hospitals thinking they have it.. Again, this is the only overwhelming going on right now in 99% of the country...

You don’t take into account how easily and efficiently panic spreads with so many media outlets, especially social media and how easily connected we are..
I dont think it's normal for my state to have over 200 people in ICU at the same time for the flu.19 deaths in just 2 weeks from it. As far as I know that is much higher than normal for the flu.

I dont think it's normal for my state to have over 200 people in ICU at the same time for the flu.19 deaths in just 2 weeks from it. As far as I know that is much higher than normal for the flu.

Again, you’re not seeing it or talking to anyone who’s there. You’re going by CNN and Fox etc...

Look what Pesty posted... Hundreds and thousands of people die every single day from different causes all over the country... Coroners aren’t overwhelmed and neither are hospitals... 1,500 deaths and a couple thousand in critical condition nationwide in a country of 365 million people is overwhelming every single hospital in the country? Really? Just look at the numbers... It doesn’t make sense..

When the AIDS epidemic emerged 35-plus years ago, most everyone died of an AIDS-related condition soon after diagnosis.

As of the latest surveillance from the United Nations Program on HIV / AIDS (UNAIDS), it is estimated that there are 37.9 million people living with HIV in the world today. Of these, approximately 1.7 million were newly infected with the virus over the course of the year.

The number of AIDS-related deaths, meanwhile, reached an estimated 770,000—a figure that, while vastly improved from previous years, should still be considered shocking and even unacceptable.

Consider, for example, that in South African nearly 400 people die of an AIDS-related illness each day despite noble efforts by the government to get citizens tested and treated.

As you can see, this is not the FIRST TIME we had severe problems in Hospitals and STILL do. Keep in mind also AIDS is a lot slower death and costs more than someone that gets a virus in 2 weeks and dies.

I hope in a few weeks we can look back at this thread and the situation in general and be glad that the frenzy and panic was an overreaction. But I have a feeling the opposite will be true. Hope I’m wrong.

have you guys read The Atlantic article on the pandemic? Pretty good summary from a fairly respect-worthy magazine. They've never been the "shock jock" type media at least.

I read most of it seems very dramatic. Nurses and healthcare workers up to a year after this clears won't be as productive because they will still be burnt out and have PTSD? If someone experience PTSD from this they probably shouldn't have been a nurse, retail maybe. Nurses in ER's see alot of shit. My counterargument using his school f thought would be "all the people who lost their job will experience PTSD and never recover, so there!"

Seems to be the US is fighting a losing battle and they should cut those losses. Like Kenny Rogers the gambler, some times you just need to cut your losses. This is like a gambler who has already blown a ton of money staying at the table and just digging a bigger hole. Take your loss, build up the economy, prepare for the next epidemic. Whoever released this im sure has something much stronger. Countries around the world have had the time to study it can mutate it and release it is a biological weapon. So they need to cut their losses and start preparing for something that say kills 20% of people and we may actually need social distancing.

I read most of it seems very dramatic. Nurses and healthcare workers up to a year after this clears won't be as productive because they will still be burnt out and have PTSD? If someone experience PTSD from this they probably shouldn't have been a nurse, retail maybe. Nurses in ER's see alot of shit. My counterargument using his school f thought would be "all the people who lost their job will experience PTSD and never recover, so there!"

Seems to be the US is fighting a losing battle and they should cut those losses. Like Kenny Rogers the gambler, some times you just need to cut your losses. This is like a gambler who has already blown a ton of money staying at the table and just digging a bigger hole. Take your loss, build up the economy, prepare for the next epidemic. Whoever released this im sure has something much stronger. Countries around the world have had the time to study it can mutate it and release it is a biological weapon. So they need to cut their losses and start preparing for something that say kills 20% of people and we may actually need social distancing.

They sure as Hell wouldn't have survived a WW1 (20 Million dead), the 1918 flu (50-100 Million died worldwide), WW2 (70 Million dead), Korean War (5 million dead) and Vietnam War (3.5 million dead). How soon people forget history.

i think these people would get PTSD if their iphone battery went dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75