over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Corporate Job and a Gut

slugger28

Registered
For those you who have a desk job i.e. corporate job, what do you think is the best way to keep the fat off the mid while maintaining muscle? I got a new job working in a call center, sitting all day in a chair , and EVERYONE in there has a gut. Im used to walking around at my job. It really frightens me because good abs are hard to get. I guess diet and cardio and making sure i eat real clean. Im thinking buying one of those ab contractor things. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP

Squat twice a week, that much more energy to train.

Doesnt have to do anything with work. Just an excuse lazy people give
Get the right amount of calories and do your cardio and you wont get a belly, even if you sat on your desk for a whole month

Do you honestly think training your abs will prevent a fat buildup in your midsection (ie spot reduction)? Is this a joke?

Do you honestly think training your abs will prevent a fat buildup in your midsection (ie spot reduction)? Is this a joke?

Sorry, not trying to be a dick. All I'm saying is that you can't do anything to control where fat accumulates on your body. If you're worried about getting a gut, you have to address your overall body fat. The only thing that will prevent you getting a gut is preventing your body fat from increasing. And that's as simple as it gets bro--calories and exercise! (Oh, and gear!!! :))

What the others said, a desk job doesnt give you a gut, visiting the vending machie and poor food choices do. Dont be an idiot on your food consumption or cave in to peer stupdity and youll be fine.

Only thing to watch out for on desk jobs is posture related issues. There are not fun structural occurences when sitting at a desk and staring at a comp screen all day that can occur.

Hit the gym before work in the mirning, get that metabolism going.

If your used to working outdoors or a job that keeps you moving all day, then you have to make adjustments in your diet, A guy working construction or laying down cable or fiber is going to need and burn more energy all day, A guy who sits in front a computer screen at his desk answering phone call after phone call however busy , does not need to consume the calories that a more physical job demands. So tweaking your diet is going to be of greater importance in this situation.

All diet. Show me a coma victim with a big belly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For those you who have a desk job i.e. corporate job, what do you think is the best way to keep the fat off the mid while maintaining muscle? I got a new job working in a call center, sitting all day in a chair , and EVERYONE in there has a gut. Im used to walking around at my job. It really frightens me because good abs are hard to get. I guess diet and cardio and making sure i eat real clean. Im thinking buying one of those ab contractor things. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP

im 42 and have worked in an office behind a desk since I was 28 and I am thin.
diet is the key, gh helps also

Just go to the gym and don't eat like a pig. It's not complicated

Stay away from the vending machine in the break room! Diet and lack of all exercise is the issue for most of those people not just sitting at a desk. If you can take a 10 min break every couple of hours and get up and walk around the parking lot or up and down the stairs.

You don't need a devise to stimulate your ab muscles. Just contract them 20 times every few hours if your feeling soft.

Be a man and ride a bike to work. You'll be amazed how strong and big your legs become.

I've sat at a desk all day for the past 4 years... hasn't affected my body composition negatively one bit.... shit, it makes it easier because I have a locked desk stocked with almonds, nut butters, protein powders, my supplements, oats,...etc. and have a fridge with my tupperware in it. Have a meeting, take a shake and some almonds and I'm set... never miss a meal this way.

If you have a pile of shit for will-power and people in the office bring in food and you give in every time and get fat, that is no a side effect of sitting, that is just poor diet. Everyone in my office knows I'm not going to eat the sweets or eat the shit people bring in.

It does get to be a PITA when people start asking you how to lose weight when they have a cupcake in their hand....

Corporate America

First thing sir, go buy the movie Office Space, it's required for everyone in corporate America.
second, learn how to confidently say No. There is going to be nothing but terrible, non clean food thrown at you all the time. Great for bulking, not great for cutting.
Third, be ok with being different. Get used to always carrying around
A bag of food in plastic containers, not going out to lunches, not going out to happy hours, and when you do choose to, ordering and consuming different then everyone else.

All the rest are given.

I've sat at a desk all day for the past 4 years... hasn't affected my body composition negatively one bit.... shit, it makes it easier because I have a locked desk stocked with almonds, nut butters, protein powders, my supplements, oats,...etc. and have a fridge with my tupperware in it. Have a meeting, take a shake and some almonds and I'm set... never miss a meal this way.

If you have a pile of shit for will-power and people in the office bring in food and you give in every time and get fat, that is no a side effect of sitting, that is just poor diet. Everyone in my office knows I'm not going to eat the sweets or eat the shit people bring in.

It does get to be a PITA when people start asking you how to lose weight when they have a cupcake in their hand....

Well it's a fat free cupcake damn it!!!

I work in a computer department as a programmer 9-5 hours and I have a networking background. Most of my job is sitting and if I have to do any physical stuff its usually just walking across the building to check a switch, router, etc.

I usually get up early at 5am to cook up my meals and workout first thing in the morning. I'm currently cutting so at 5'6" 215lbs I'm eating about 3000 calories per day and making good progress so its not like I'm eating like a bird to drop weight. At three thousand cals per day I'm still eating a lot of food.

The only thing that holds me back is sitting for long periods of time will make you bored. Even if you are working. Its easy to "snack" on things if you don't come prepared. If I don't bring my meals I can easily get caught up in that 12 pack of donuts that a coworker bought in the lunch room. Another problem is my place of work has an indoor coffee shop that has super good creamy fatty coffees that are addictive. I like to sip on coffee while I'm programming or fixing stuff so any sugar/cream adds up. I have a little single cup coffee maker that I bought from Walmart and try to drink straight.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws