advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Correlation between high BP and high Hematocrit?

Warrior08

Registered
Is there any relationship between the two ?

If your hematocrit level reached let's say 55 would this cause your Bp to go up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When hematocrit gets higher your blood becomes thicker and makes your heart work harder to get blood through your body resulting in high bp

I feel like my blood is pretty thick right now mid cycle but my Bp is still at 125/65.

I'm going to give blood Wednesday so I guess I'll find out for sure

I donate blood regularly because me hematocrit is constantly high or high normal .i take blood pressure meds 20mg lisinopril with 12.5mg htcz.whats great about donating is you can find out your hematocrit level without paying for bloodwork .

Has never been the case for me. BP is always about 125/65 whether Crit is 46 or 52. I've been donating every 12 weeks and it stays about 46-48 now.

I donate blood regularly because me hematocrit is constantly high or high normal .i take blood pressure meds 20mg lisinopril with 12.5mg htcz.whats great about donating is you can find out your hematocrit level without paying for bloodwork .

What do u consider high?

Has never been the case for me. BP is always about 125/65 whether Crit is 46 or 52. I've been donating every 12 weeks and it stays about 46-48 now.

It's great that you donate .52 is borderline high .my hematocrit has been as high as 59 .im pretty sure if your hematocrit was to go over 55 you would see your bp rising as well

I hate giving blood fucks me up for the rest of the day. Idk I'm Odd Bc I know plp that doesn't effect them at all.

I donated twice last year. I'm gonna have to step it up.

What do u consider high?

You should keep your hematocrit under 51 . 53 and higher for long periods time are not safe .

It's great that you donate .52 is borderline high .my hematocrit has been as high as 59 .im pretty sure if your hematocrit was to go over 55 you would see your bp rising as well

Yeah highest mine ever got on bloodwork was 53 or 54 I think and that's when I started donating every 3 months. It certainly makes sense that they would be correlated.

Yeah highest mine ever got on bloodwork was 53 or 54 I think and that's when I started donating every 3 months. It certainly makes sense that they would be correlated.

Just do what your doing , play it safe and donate regularly .its free to donate , it's healthy for you, and you help save lives .

Just do what your doing , play it safe and donate regularly .its free to donate , it's healthy for you, and you help save lives .

Another benefit is that I always get the same girl to draw mine - blonde, early 30s, big fake tits, works out at my gym. I ALWAYS call and make sure she is working before I go in. :)

My blood pressure is typically high but I've never had a hematocrit out of the normal range. So I wouldn't say the correlation is direct for everyone.

Depending on who tests you, hematocrit levels for adult males should be 39% to 50%, some say 41% to 53% of course being in the middle is best.

Last edited:
Donating blood isn't as bad as you think .it is very normal to be nervous , just like I was the first time I donated .as long as you don't look at the part where they first put the needle in then it is all down hill from there .jusy make sure you eat something and are hydrated before you give blood so you don't get dizzy or lightheaded

I never gave blood what the feeling like the first time ?

Speaking for myself, I always feel so well, appeased and relaxed (almost high :eek:) after giving blood... it's definitely a moment I look forward to! Donating every two months btw. :)

As for the initial question, never had high BP in my life even when hematocrit was toying with 56-57... which of course is way too high anyway.

But I guess as you get older, a correlation won't fail to happen... no need to wait for that, bring those numbers down asap.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws