over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CORTISOL!!!

Fullybuilt

Banned
I have a feeling i've been so sick lately due to high cortisol levels. I hear one of the best things you can take is called Phosphatidylserine. Apparenly 100mg 2-3 times daily works great. Anyone try it? Does it work? Any other good stuff to take to lower cortisol? Thanks

Yeah it works, does some other neat things too. Couple of case studies done with it on Alzheimers patients, seems to lower symptoms by about 28% according to Berkley University Scientist's studies. Basically anything related to cognitive long term memory retention its great for. If you have a Vitamin World near you get it there on buy 1 get 1 free days. Or PM me and I can get it shipped to your house for a smoking deal. 480 ct 100 mg for about 91 bucks free shipping.... :)

Doubt it...

I seriously doubt if you're sick from high cortisol levels.

Cortisol levels are elevated transiently during stressful situations, but if the stress is chronic (i.e. combat zone), your body actually adapts to that in a matter of weeks. One of the few times there are chronically elevated cortisol levels is in Cushing's Syndrome or Cushing's disease.

If you think you have this, then you'll be tested using something called a dexamethasone challenge test.

More likely culprits for being sick are exposure to bacteria and viruses, overtraining, and comprimised immunity form long AAS cycles (thought this is rare, and probably not the issue).

Phosphatidylserine will mostly be destroyed by First Pass metabolism in the gut and liver, and won't have any measurable impact on cortisol. Not overtraining would be a better option.

These "high cortisol" claims are the same things that bogus junk like CortiSlim advertizes as the reason people are fat, and can't lose weight when they're over 30. THe reason people don't lose weight is the same as it always was: lack of exercise, and shitty diets.

Last edited:
Phosphatidylserine will mostly be destroyed by First Pass metabolism in the gut and liver, and won't have any measurable impact on cortisol.

but there are a few injectable formulas that were on the market that worked good that also contained 7 keto if you can still find them.

dragonfire101 said:
but there are a few injectable formulas that were on the market that worked good that also contained 7 keto if you can still find them.

yah, impact had it. It had the cortisol suppressant, 7-keto and formastane. I wish there was just an injectable phosphatidylserine though.

why not be real and clip out cortisol completely with cytadren...

god... i love cytadren....

Dad has some good avice. I also would take a cortisol rythym test from biodia.com taking PS is just a bandaid, get to the root of why you have high cortisol problems! emotional, physical, chemiocal stress????? all an negativelkay strain your adrenals & result in high cortisol

I recently heard about a study showing no effects on cortisol from PS, anyone got that study?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear